So, there seem to be a bit of a bug with the launcher that just started up some time this week. A few people in alliance have been joking about it so I find it unlikely that you haven’t noticed… but to list off a few of the interesting glitches that popped up:
- Loading the client is [at times] taking significantly longer lately - some times not launching at all
- We can log into the same account more than once currently if you cancel then start a client back up while it’s still “loading” (multiple of the same characters as well, not just to character select)
- Loaded client will sometimes err out with one of the following
– The authentication token provided by the launcher is of an invalid format. Please try again or contact EVE customer support.
– Typical socket closure message
– Server cannot be found
- Client will appear to have loaded properly then socket close when you try to log into a character.
- You will be logged in, yet client will display as if it hasn’t launched yet.
I’m not sure what broke, but please fix!