AFK cloaky camping needs to end

I remember when I use to think about space based games… Me, sitting in my ship, going after targets, scanning out anomalies, mining, etc…

Did you ever think…
“Hmm, I’ll buy 10 accounts and put 9 of them in enemy systems, just to annoy people and adversely affect the system, because the mechanic exists for me to abuse it”?
Was that any of our intentions on having fun?
Because that’s not fun to me… And It’s costing this game players.

The mechanic needs to end… AFK cloaky camping needs to end…
I am totally cool being camped out by a person who is actually there but when some troll has multiple accounts logged into your system, cloaks, and literally goes afk for a year, never turning off his PC… It’s ■■■■■■■■… Plain and simple… BS…

That is all…

2 Likes

Indeed. Yet another awful aspect of the game that never gets addressed.

2 Likes

IB4L.

–Obvious Gadget

2 Likes

Just to let you know, OP, that this thread is probably going to be locked. Not because of your content or anything, but because it violates forum rules about thread redundancy. There is actually a permanent thread for discussion of cloaky camping here.

13 Likes

Thread author should try it sometime. Its more relaxing than mining.

1 Like

When you’re against afk cloaking, you’re helping botters and RMTers.

You don’t want to support RMT and or botting, do you?

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Only the kind of players that are better off in World of Warcraft anyway. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh FFS. Stop it. There is literally no evidence of this. This is a common refrain by those who want to nerf AFK cloaking so they can engage in crabbing with less risk.

1 Like

Actually Devs have addressed it…you just don’t like what they said apparently.

1 Like

Adapt or die

1 Like

9 additional paid accounts for CCP is a good thing for CCP. And yeah the annoy thingie … Think about ganking, war decs, bounties etc. Other mechanics people abuse for fun to annoy other people. Remove that too!

Oh, okay. Did you ever asked the 9 additional cloak alts what’s fun for them?

I really can’t decide what scares me more, interfering with a fleet of AFKers or bumping against an Asteroid while mining? - At least the AFKers don’t shoot back…

2 Likes

If the person was sitting in a station, would that be any different?

1 Like

Again, just like unlimited wardecs, a very simple fix for CCP to do, but their heads are up their Icelandic volcanoes…

Give cloaking devices a chance to deactivate after a 5 or 10 minute cycle. (15% at level 1 down to say… 5% at level V). So there is a 5% chance the cloak will fail after the cycle, thus requiring active game play or at the very least giving the resident an OPPORTUNITY (balance) to take the d-bag out.

Or probes specifically for scanning cloaked objects with a very low tolerance for error, requiring a high level of scanning skills… CCP just does NOT understand balance. They break what isn’t broken and they bring unwanted change time and time again or just refuse to respond to players for a decade on broken mechanics.

This mechanic is currently stupid-broken-OP-retarded unbalanced and CCP has just dangled it out there and been jerks about it since forever.

4 Likes

Super Cloak >>>> if you dont interact with any modules for 30 minutes, you are removed from local. Problem solved! No more AFK cloakies scaring the cattle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why would I fit that when I can just fit a covert ops cloak?

What in game activity do you do that CCP can nerf so we can punish AFK cloakers?

1 Like

Because the Cov OPS cloak does not remove you from LOCAL silly

Why would an AFK cloaker want that?

If I am AFK cloak camping…why would I want to be removed from local?

Of course, if I am actively hunting and using my warp drive and sub-warp engines do not cause me to re-appear in local…oh the fun an active hunter could have. Are you suggesting that?