CCP starts "new and highly ambitious MMORPG" // EVE 2 coming?

nobody used WIS because they never expanded on it like they said they would (classic CCP)

I was at the Fanfest where this was first announced and their plans for WIS were actually really interesting seemed like it was going to be the next big expansion at the time but nothing ever happened. Which is a shame really, player owned stores, bars ect. some minigames. I expected to see poker tables in player owned bars and such. Would have brought a whole new aspect to the game and possibly new and interesting ways to make ISK. but nothing.
I honestly donā€™t think they should give up on WIS but just get it done properly like they first described.

1 Like

itā€™s not for eve 2ā€¦ chris robert call for helpā€¦
in exchange, weā€™ll get mark hammil in a drake shooting evil blood raiders.
waiting the trailer so hard!

It still amazes me that people just donā€™t see the problem with this. Go to fuzzworks or wherever thereā€™s a good online EVE database. Get a count of how many stations there are in the game. Now, how many of those stations do you suppose have anyone in them? (I suspect there are more stations than players.) So, youā€™d invest millions of dollars for a feature that effectively never gets used, or at most, gets used in about 4 different stations? About 1-2% of the online EVE population would even have access to it, how much of that 2% would actually volunteer to use it? And, you think thatā€™s worth developing an entirely new game for? Most studios wouldnā€™t develop a game if EVEā€™s entire full playerbase represented 2% of the expected uptake. Youā€™re going down instead of up here. Meanwhile, developing and maintaining a full non-game would leave EVE in a perpetual state of ā€œ18 monthsā€.

1 Like

Understand that, for the most part, CCP focuses in Eve when talking to the CSM. A new game or other game may be shown off on the side but it is not as talking point in discussions.

m

Desktop PC games are declining in game market share. Mobile games are the fastest expanding area. I think CCP should make a mobile version of space empire building game based on the EVE Universe, in which CCP has tons of hard-earned experience accumulated. Judging from previous experience, their venturing into a completely new MMORPG might be too risky.

The ā€œtons of [ā€¦] experienceā€ was why they thought they could handle WoD. At this point, with this team, Iā€™m really not sure what CCP can actually do. The best parts of EVE are years behind and theyā€™ve lost a lot of talent since then. Have they retained enough talent to actually do anything worthwhile at all? Much less build something from the ground up? Itā€™s been a long time since theyā€™ve proven themselves.

2 Likes

If it is EvE related then maybeā€¦

Hehehehe, why am I not surprised. :joy:

Now it sounds more like something born of desperation. Another mobile game with microtransactions. :woman_facepalming:

Because CCP abandoned their dreams and forgot about them completely, people will seek SC as savior for their spaceship and avatar addiction and CCP can only make some weak sauce game on mobile phone, drowned in a mass of other weak sauce mobile games.

2 Likes
1 Like

No, last thing an Eve 2 needs is the same blue-circle-rmt-crying-csm-rental-alliance-leet-pvpers-but-not-really giving any input.

Unless you want ā€˜Eve 2 is dyingā€™ to be the first forum post.

2 Likes

I hope its an angry concord guy simulator. If goat simulator can make cash so can an angry concord guy.

5 Likes

Video leak of the secret project CCP is working on:

Selling e-makeup to space barbies.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s standard practice to register a video game as both a software package and online entertainment service.

1 Like

Theres 4 game types I would market towards Eve. Dust in PC FPS nature. Valkyrie with Fighter based combat. Eve Civilization. And Eve Sims.

Dust would integrate in low sec quick instant action battles as pirates and low sec scum need to be neutralized and insurrections put down that might harm the empires. while null sec drop ships would be campaign style gameplay that could be interdicted and influenced by capsuleers, pay out better, and influence null sec politics and sov ot a limited degree.

Valkyrie would be two fold; the first being quick dogfight gaming in various areas of space, low sec being the quickest and easiest and null sec space being deadly and unforgiving and raw, and secondly the tournament twitch style battle arena games of carriers and fighter crews pitted against one another, super carriers with multiple crew members and fighter crews pitted against one another battling for riches and glory in combat and on E-games scoreboards the world over.

Eve Civilization would be a high security space sov building end game for meta politics and Eve leadership types by influencing and controlling entire solar systems. Garnering votes, undermining opponents, influencing elections, policies and system security to make money, fortune and fame. Changing the Eve landscape in game through policy changes somewhat.

Eve Sims would be simply that: WiS in its final form. Buy a house, clothes, pets and live on the Eve planets surfaces, space stations or orbital craft. Look out the windows or walk around and meet the citizens of New Eden and interact with others on a purely social level. Be influenced by ā€œcivā€ politics, be the ā€œpeopleā€ who need to be pleased and placated to garner votes. Go into the seedy neighborhoods of low security space, get robbed and mugged, lose your home to pirate attacks, DUST mercs, knife the guy attacking you or ā€œshoot firstā€ in the canteenas, bars and strip clubs.

Yup thats my Eve dream.

• I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Oh boy, here we go againā€¦

Cynically, I think this is an empty pitch made to try and re-interest investors (both new and old) past recent failures.

It took CCP over a decade to hone EVE to what it is today (whether you consider it good or not).

I have very little confidence they any longer have the resources/know-how to build an EVE 2.0 from scratch, much less one of an even wider scope than they have managed yet to integrate into EVE 1.0 over the last decade.

Ironically, CCP might be best off to emulate the Star Citizen funding model, for an EVE 2.0.

Try to crowd-source the funds from those with deep pockets that still believe in the dream of a near perfect space-sim/MMO to last a life-time.

http://evenews24.com/2017/12/28/the-next-fifteen-years-inside-ccps-upcoming-mmo/

ā€œā€¦help develop and deliver a strong animation style for a new IP.ā€

No EVE 2, or anything EVE at all. Because you know, too many are hyped for that. CCP must do vampires instead, or something.

5 Likes

Another oneā€¦good luck,

Imo itā€™s DOA thatā€™s how much I believe in ccp looking thru past projects and state of eve development atm.

ā€œFocusing back on eveā€ā€¦haā€¦for a week.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve no faith in this whatsoever. Got burnt with every past project, not even going to touch this one. Itā€™d have to be EVE 2 before Iā€™d even consider it.

2 Likes