Cloaky Camping Recommended Changes

Linus… please scratch “idiotic moron” (and the like) from your forum vocabulary. Insults like this have no use, and only get you banned. Yell it at the screen, but don’t type it out. It’s unhealthy to be so emotionally invested. You let carebears drag you down to their level and you don’t want that, right?

1 Like

You cannot because Discourse thinks that blocking is not relevant or important:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-block-or-mute-another-user/6001/3

2 Likes

I was not expecting everyone to agree with my comments, that is why I asked for a vote, although it doesn’t excuse the childish responses from the likes of Linus Gorp…

Constructive comments are always welcome and if you don’t agree you are more than welcome to post your reasons why.

Thank you

I am not for botting, TBH I would like to see them solve the market botting problem also. CCP have continued to expand and improve this game and tackled botting in a large way already. I fully support any move to removing it from the game fully.

As for RMT you need to explain this one as I don’t follow, could you explain what it is?

Real Money Trading, aka selling ISK/modules outside the game for real money.

AFK cloakers are the only thing that keeps botters and RMTers in check in nullsec, where it’s already so safe, that without them there’s absolutely no risk of losing stuff. And there isn’t, also thanks to intel channels warning people way in advance. And it’s not just the cloakers. When an explorer jumps in through a hole, people dock up just as much.

Think about it. The ones who benefit the most of safe ratting space are the ones who make real life money from crabbing. There’s a good chance that people who dock up at the smallest sign of a potential threat simply are afraid of hurting their real life income.

if you hate cloakers then just move to high sec

i agree. Blocking is for the weak. if you can’t deal with the fact that there are people who say things you can’t deal with, or accept, then the issue is with you.

Self responsibility > your personal desire to protect yourself from words, and that’s what it boils down to.

Login. See neutral in local. Find on intel that he has been there all day.
Undock. Warp to gate. Take gate. Presto, neutral is no longer in local. Warp to anomoly. Shoot rats.

Even if you were in some rental corp, you’d just make a reciprocal arrangement with your neighbors to rat some lesser used anoms if there was a cloaker in one of your systems.

1 Like

Thanks for your input and response. I suppose I need to go back to using D-scan again :thinking:

let us pray brothers, in the words of the almighty Paikis

This thread comes up on almost a weekly basis. In fact, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a nerf cloaking thread in the first 2 pages on this forum section. Almost every single one of them goes like this:

1. OP posts a post with a new (lol) idea that always boils down to some variation of the following:

_ “There’s a big meanie who is sitting in my system and not doing anything, but I don’t know where he is and I can’t ever just go next door. I can’t find said meanie and even though I know that he’s probably at work and poses no threat at all, I wont do anything in my system that I absolutely can’t leave ever because he might not be at work and I might lose a ship. CCP please stop the meanie from being able to do nothing to me because he’s probably at work”_

2. Thread gets trolled because its been done literally to death. This horse has been beaten so hard and so often that it’s little more than a memory of a memory of a red smear on the grass, and yet it STILL WONT DIE! In fact it’s been done so many times that this particular horse is now undead; even if it does die, it will still be remembered and parodied.

3. Someone comes along and suggests that AFK cloakers can’t hurt you, because they are, by their very definition, AFK. No one ever lost a ship to someone who ISN’T PLAYING THE GAME.

4. Someone else comes along and points out that while the cloaker might be AFK, he might not be, and so we have Schrodinger’s Hot Dropper. The cyno pilot who might be AFK… but he might not be as well, and you will only know for sure when he decloaks, points and lights his candle. (Yes, I know this isn’t how the cat works)

5. Someone else comes along and suggests that you use bait and setup a TARP. Or have a defence fleet on standby. Heaven forbid you have to actually fight to defend your space.

6. A further person comes along and suggests that the problem isn’t cloaking AFK in your system that you can’t possibly leave ever, but that you KNOW that the person is AFK in your system… and perhaps local should be removed because free 100% accurate intel is probably not the best thing in the game and if you didn’t know that the big meanie was in your system, you wouldn’t be worried about leaving the undock/POS.

7. Then another person pokes their head in and complains that local is 100% NEEDED because D-Scan and probing are such bad mechanics, and IF YOU TAKE MY LOCAL AWAY IM QUITTING FOREVER AND NO YOU CAN’T HAVE MY STUFF!

8. Someone asks if they can have 7’s stuff.

We end up with another thread which goes on for pages and pages between complains about local, defence fleets, inability to just go next door, people who aren’t playing the game but are playing the meta, lots of bickering and in the end nothing gets solved. CCP wont remove cloaking because it would mess with waaay too many things and it creates content (which is a good thing) by removing content (which is a bad thing) but they can’t really think of any way to do it without a complete overhaul of the local and scanning systems.

Now that I’ve had this entire thread’s conversation, can we just let it die? Please?

6 Likes

Thank you for not being one of the usual nutjobs who create these threads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you posted this just as i was getting this together, good man.

1 Like

You will be doing those threads every day now?

1 Like

LOL thats what I call input

1 Like

its from 2014 and it was an old ass discussion then :wink:

whenever i catch them

See, I can’t even mute the “main afk cloaking whine thread” without constantly running into this topic.
CCP should just hand out blanket bans to all the people that think this topic needs thread 2352835082538235 to discuss the same whining that was already voiced in 2352835082538234 and then I won’t have anything to get angry about.

This was to OP and others like him, just yesterday there was thread about Cloaky Camping in GD. Everyone wants to have his own. :joy:

I agree on the bans. Ban them all, really. They drag us all down and we have no means of dealing with them personally. Ignoring them, or accepting them, isn’t even an option anymore.

Still … it is you who reacts. They don’t force you to react. They’re just words and pixels. There’s no point in getting banned over this, so you should rather figure out how to change yourself, instead of demanding that the world is being changed for you.

Yes, really. No offense, Linus.

Why you want to blanket ban but blocking is for the weak because “you cant deal with it”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Blocking you can do yourself, without (rare) CCP intervention. Its surely the better option and you dont need to think you are weak because you dont want to hear the same stuff anymore, that makes you sick.