Guardian Gala sites

Plus one!

3 Likes

Well, i did run about 50-60 sites and can remember only a few wrecks that did not have one of those accelerators inside. For the record, i did sites in high sec amarr space 15-20 jumps from Jita. Weā€™ll definitely need more data to know the drop rates.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks for sharing that info. This gives me a bit more hope that Iā€™m just having some bad luck with what I have run so far (or that Iā€™m not hitting a bug as we did in the first days of the previous event). Agreed on needing more data- Iā€™d love to know what others are finding.

Iā€™m still curious about the bounty thing though (again, not complaining). If this was done to prevent bounty farming from the spawns, if the last event was deemed to be excessive on the bounties, if this is a coding issue related to how the NPCs that seem to be inspired (or inherited from) the FOB NPCs that donā€™t drop bounties, and if this is going to be a trend for future events, etc.

Really more curiosity than anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be my bet. If they had bounties people would sit in them all day perma-tanking running up huge isk numbers. (if you donā€™t kill the boss the spawns continue)

But hey, we are getting loot and salvage from them, which is more/different than before.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted

1 Like

Seems like the drop rate on accelerators got worse today than yesterday. Normally a event changing day to day wouldnā€™t be believable, unless you noticed the AI for the ships changed from yesterday to today and now the remaining ships warp out when the boss is killed, which didnā€™t happen yesterday.

What?! A fully engaged dev involved in an event discussion and tweaking programming to repair bugs,change npc behavior, and modify drop rates while the event is still happening?

What have you done with CCP? Kind of reminds me of the old CCP of the earlier years; +1 to all those involved!

5 Likes

I was running the site in a Navy Hurricane, with Arty, painter, and active shield tank, no extender.

I ran one in HS with a Navy Scythe, with an extender and active shield tank. Even when webbed my scythe would do 400m/s with AB. Using HMLs and light Hobgobs IIs.

The BCs and BS was easy for me to kill, and the Frigates I could deal with pretty easily after the BCs and BS were dead. I would recall my drones and put them in the bay till the frigates were dead. Then I would launch the drones to deal with the BCs, so they wouldnt get popped by the frigates. Which would web and target them.

I ran through a few frigates the first site I ran into with a combat fit probeā€¦ Dont laugh, it is my combat site ship. Scan them down, then run them, works all the way up to .6sec sites.

1 Like

Wrong. All gala rats in my current site are stuck @ 480km. They havent moved at all for the last 5 min. Lets see how long i can overheat my afterburner ā€¦

1 Like

I too saw a few rats who were stuck at 480km. Even after the site is completed and everyone else warps off, the rat is still stuck there.

1 Like

Sad isnā€™t it that what should be the norm (for any decent developer) is now considered shocking news. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone crunched the isk/hr for running these sites? Seems like 100m/hr is a good estimate for high sec?

Well. Damn :confused:

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with the sites today? I have run two sites (at least I have tried) and it gets to a point and all the ships just warp off. I kill about 25 or so ships and then they warp. I am orbiting the beacon at 30 km the same as I did yesterday but all of the sudden they warp and I get nothing.

1 Like

Sounds like you killed the ā€œbossā€ ship? Once it dies, all the surviving rats warp off.

2 Likes

The Gala BS looks like more easy to deal with today. Maybe some changes were applied. Those BS doing huge Alpha Strike on static targets with huge Signature radius, as my Gila was yesterday.

BC and BS allows to use, with enough mid-slots and PG/CPU, Painters and Webifiers to deal vs Gala frigates.

Scythes have the highest speed and the smallest Signature among available Cruisers (75 for Scythe and 90 for Navy Scythe). This allows them to easy tank incoming damage from frigates and to mitigate Alpha Strikes from BC and BS. It should be more interesting if CCP Devs will improve Gala frigate Webifiers strength :).

1 Like

I had in Low-Sec.

They can warp away if you donā€™t destroy the boss for a long time. You have to blow up the BC or BS while under attack of the rest rats.

2 Likes

This is why I love the Navy Scythe. Missile and Gun bonuses, small sig, good speed, and great shield tank for a cruiser. All around the best Minmatar cruiser.

It is a shame the base Scythe is a logi ship, I wished it was a EW cruiser.

2 Likes

In theory yes, but remember Wrecking shot doesnā€™t care about tracking its a 100% hit rate, if you get one pray that you have enough ehp left lol or its one dead scyth.

HI,

Ii want make the gala in highsec with a gallente Ship. With which gallente ship i can make it easy? Can anybody post a fit please?

1 Like