Guardian Gala sites

I used Stratios (it needs some amarr cruiser skills tho) armor hardened for explosive and kinetic damage, tech II medium armor repairer, big armor plate, afterburner. Rigs for armor repair amount. No damage mods tho, only some tracking scripts in the middle for destroying the smaller frigates that web. 2 big meta level capacitor batteries. Heavy berserker drones. Probably this could also work with Vexors Navy Issue.
It worked nicely for Stratios, it was able to complete sites with battleship spawn. You have to destroy the frigate webifiers and keep transversal high, orbit closely around battleship, battlecriser, cruiser boss (with a different name) when it spawns. If you destroy the boss ship, the rest will warp out immediately.

If you warp out somewhere and then back in, the boss will probably leave the site and all the time will go to waste.

1 Like

Sooo, after reading this thread it seems to me a Deadspace PvE fit is needed to complete the site.

I run a T2 fit, no sweat at all.
However if you don’t have great skills, simply ok skills, you probably need something like a Battleship to make up for the lack of skills. Completing the sites in a smaller ship requires some situational awareness and a knowledge of orbit mechanics to avoid getting one volleyed off the grid
Hint, a VNI probably doesn’t have enough armour EHP to avoid a one shot volley from the battleship if you get webbed and TP’ed and get an unlucky shot. The Stratios resist bonus matters.

Gal ships look at the drone BC & BS options, though I’ve also seen a Hyperion running the sites.

I have max skills and mainly fly a Deadspace fit Loki to run the lv 4 epic arcs. How are these sites compared to those?

Volley on the BS can be pretty big on a wrecking shot, but if it can handle the epic arcs it should be not a problem in the sites.
Most of the time you’ll have 4ish 60% webbing frigates and 3ish TP cruisers in site, you can kill them down, but more keep coming, then the boss spawns, while you kill them normally more frigs & cruisers spawn also.
Funnily enough doing it with two pilots you can keep the site nearly 100% empty pretty easy, so two pilots working together actually does feel sort of worth it.

1 Like

It would more than likely go through all armor and into hull but probably not 1 shot dead, unless you fit a plate as well as rep then you should be good.

1 Like

Loki is probably not the best resist wise but I am sure you know how to fit a pve ship.

Biggest issue for a gun fit Loki will be having to take out both close range fast moving webbers and cruiser, bc’s and bs’s that can hang out at 40km.

Much easier than some of the epic arc missions.

1 Like

What on Earth is going on with these sites? I just took a load of damage from stuff ( I assume cruisers or the BC) that was not appearing on the overview. I loaded Default-> All to the overview to be sure and still no sign. I could see these enemies in space, but they weren’t on the overview nor could I lock on to them. The frigates seemed to be functioning properly. Had to leave my MTU and of course, when I warped out, the site beacon disappeared.

1 Like

This is an issue that has plagued Eve for a very long time. Your overview settings are held locally on your PC so CCP does not / cannot update them when a new npc type is introduced.

I always enter new content with “show every thing” (alt +z) turned on then at least you can see them on the HUD and add them to your overview.

I think @CCP_Dragon is looking in to this. I suspect that all new npc types for events are now going to be in the “Irregular” group.

1 Like

I can confirm that. You have to manually add those in the “entities” tab in the overview settings. They are called “irregular event something”.
If you are doing a VIP site, do not shoot any of the fighters or you will have to get a new ship.

1 Like

That is not actually ‘All’.
I recommend manually creating a ‘The real ALL’ overview, and every update open overview settings and make sure it really has every single thing that can show in the overview checked.

2 Likes

I actually have a pretty tough Loki, course it’s a bling fit which allows me to easily solo all of the level 4 epic arcs. Usually close webbers are quickly dealt with Drones and 40km range can be easily reached.

Anyway, I get the impression that these sites are very tough but your statement say’s these sites are easier than the epic arcs. I’m definitely confused.

So they cant modify it by adding a line?
Notification of this kind in the game when first time log in after patch:

“Do you want to add new NPCs to overview [name of current overview]? (list of NPCs)”

And then write to the file.

1 Like

They are tough if you aren’t prepared, but the lvl 4 epic arcs are very rough in a few cases. As long as your loki has over 12k primary tank and you keep at full, you won’t be one shot podded.

2 Likes

Eos with Berserkers is a pretty much no brainer in regular sites. Go in, park at the beacon, unleash drones and wait for a BC/BS.

Although I really like that devs are fiddling with the ideas I have to say I find the new AI and it’s “unlockable” state quite frustrating …

1 Like

That is because of the differing view points of the players. There are people saying they are difficult, these are either the unprepared, the rookie or those that want push button receive bacon type events.

Then there are the prepared, the veteran, the wants a challenge type people.

I have a feeling you will fit into the second group :wink:. Just don’t approach it thinking it is the terrible snooze fest Alpha Strike type event.

Oh and watch your drones.

3 Likes

Well, according to pyfa my Loki has:
24.7k EHP’s
1059.6 hp/s shield boost
77.2% EM, 72.6% Therm, 72.6% Kin, 77.2% Exp
773 DPS
60.2% Cap Stable
698 m/s speed

My Tengu (which is a passive shield fit … no booster) has
50% more ehp
no boost (passive)
37.5% / 75% / 71.9% / 84.8%
468 DPS (t1 Scourge HM)
cap stable at like 75%
598 m/s speed

So, Tengu with heavies does fine. As long as that is not an Ancillary booster you are running, yeah no issues (other than gun range as I said before as you will be webbed, a lot).

1 Like

Have anyone tried Carrier in a subcap?

1 Like

Several of us, both on SISI and TQ and as far as I know this is the only success.

2 Likes