Massive RMT going on

My alt is based in jita and all day long I see stuff like 1 trit or a shuttle being put on contract for 1-5 Billion isk, and then 1 minute later its accepted, checking info almost 90% of them have russian text in there bios.

We need a report RMT button to report this please because im 100% sure its RMT and isk laundering.

In under 30 minutes:

5 Likes

And another, all russians…

1 Like

Yeah definitely no doubt that’s RMT.

and another…

1 Like

@Joe_Monso file a support ticket here, it’s less likely to get CCPs attention when posting it on forums

1 Like

support ticket filed.

2 Likes

I see these all day every day at Jita. Just thought they were some kind of scam. If this is banned RMT in action then the ban really isn’t working.

tbh as someone that occasionally scams on public contracts, this development makes me damn nervous.

I do not want to be accused of RMT because I sell someone a Vexor Navy Issue for 666 million ISK, or something similar.

1 Like

Same here. Having a report RMT button IG runs the risk of it being used against scammers instead. Use the petition system like you can now.

1 Like

yes I know people that go online to buy isk and they get contracts full of expensive things to sell for their $20

theres a lot of firesale hangar scams
it wouldnt be difficult to put 2+2 together and see how these hangar sale scams could be used as a means for rmt with the excuse
they just fell for a scam

Now everyone knows you’re Kati Katte/Auran Glimmer?

Going on for years; CCP doesn’t seem to (or can’t) stop it. Their crack security team is on it!

4 Likes

As long as none notice it what could be the problem, just as many other things if you don’t see it it’s not happening :smirk:

If the player doesn’t understand the difference between RMT and scamming…that’s sad. Most people wouldn’t be bothered taking the time to file a petition when they could instead right click and report RMT. It’s up to CCP to sort through legit or not claims as the same player you imagine could also improper report a scammer via petition as well…doing it via petition only serves to discourage a lot of reporting. I personally won’t do it via petition because i have other things in the game that requires attention. A button would be far better.

if players can’t be bothered with reporting it, why should ccp bother devoting resources and GM time to sorting through hundreds of false positives just to find the hanful that might be legit?

The number one reason players usually don’t bother to report this stuff, is that they know CCP won’t do ■■■■ about it even if they do. In fact 99% of mmo companies won’t.

CCP created plex specifically to reduce the impact of RMT. it hasn’t been 100% successful, but they did it LONG before any other companies tried anything similar.
They also do ban people caught RMTing on a regular basis, they might not catch everyone but they do catch a lot of them. CCP also tends to ban in waves, they will spend a few months gathering names and investigating to make sure that it is RMT, and then do mass banning. They do this to slow down the rate that RMTers change tactics and it allows them to gather larger batches of IP’s.

The police don’t go out and bust every single small time drug dealer, they wait until they have enough information to take down entire rings.

By the same token I’m less likely to report a crime if i have to drive down to the police station and do it in person (filing a petition) vs phoning the police up and doing it over the phone or them coming out to get the report filed (Pushing a button on the UI).

I’ve seen CCPs track record on these kinds of bans and they do indeed do them in waves but compared to most other MMOs EVE has probably been the most, in my opinion, to have done anything about the issue largely based upon reports from other players.

Based on that alone I’d rather still have an interface one click report button than to go through the petition process which unlike in the past, has to be done outside the client now since in CCPs infinite wisdom they removed the IGB. Not to mention there is nowhere in the help section of the client does it indicate where to report RMT violaters. There is a link to knowledge center and report bug. Hell…there used to be a clearly defined button that let you open a petition, back in the day it was all filed and sent via the client but now it’s all web based…no I prefer not to bother alt tabbing to do something I should be able to do via a right click. They have Report ISK Spammer so why not RMT?

Everyone RMT’s. If you’ve ever spent $20 buying PLEX from CCP for the sole purpose of selling it to get quick ISK, congratulations, you just RMT’d. The only difference is CCP is the facilitator…

2 Likes