Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

Commander Martel;

I must approach you again to plea for the removal of the decree that the base is obliged to offer spiritual teaching in ways other than those of the tribes. I understand and to some extent approve of the idea that we must cater to each group according to their own beliefs, but the tensions these teachings cause are a major source of security work overhead and a risk to peaceful operations.

As a most recent example, last night, we had a kernherite “study group” - I’d call it a congregation by now and I am sad to report some of the staff attend - listening to their new Manifesto ([CAVTT] The Test of Faith) at about exactly the same time as we received the first group of the new refugees. It is still unclear to us why and how exactly, but while the base was busy with the incomers, fighting broke out between said group (apparently attempting to spread the good word about their ‘reforms’ and a call to arms) and others, objecting to what they saw as either heresy or dangerous appeasement to Amarrian ideals - depending on who you ask.

This is just an example, and the fight itself was quickly broken by security. Fact is still that tensions remain between these various foreign groups and tribal individuals (including most of the staff) that I have to say quite naturally and understandably object to Amarrian influences in this base.

This has been a commendable initiative, but it is becoming a strain on all of us. At the very minimum I must recommend that we start limiting staff access to spiritual events arranged by and for the refugees.

E. S.

Ervin;

I understand your concern and sympathize with your position, but I remind you that despite its origins, the base is not a tribal operation, it is a SoE Roughriders operation, and thus multinational. You cannot limit access based on your traditional views. What you can and definitely should do is screen any and all groups that practice in the camp for promotion of slavery, before someone escalates this to DN.

O

11 Likes