Which T3C for PvE?

Hello all,

I need help in choosing which T3C to train, because after the changes last month I cannot figure out which one will be the most useful for me.

I wuill use it initially for PvE but I don’t exclude a future in PvP.

My plan is to do initially missions to learn the ship and train all skills, then start going low/null/wh to do anoms as soon as I get used to the hull and have enough sp.

Right now I have almost maxed fitting skills, T2 armor and shield, good drone skills and racial cruisers at 4.

Any advice on which ship is best for me?

1 Like

There are no bad choices. I traded in my Sacrilege for a Legion. The Assault Optimization subsystem has bonuses for missiles and drones. I’m still playing with fits but have it up to 764 dps (selectable) with this fit.

[Legion, Legion]
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Corelum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Gistum C-Type 10MN Afterburner
Missile Guidance Computer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor
Legion Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Valkyrie II x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Nova Rage Heavy Assault Missile x8330
Tracking Speed Script x1
Missile Range Script x1
Missile Precision Script x1
Core Scanner Probe I x8

Proteus also has offensive subsystems bonused for drones. I don’t have the skills to fly that one so haven’t played with it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you very much for the fit @Do_Little, do you have experience with the Loki?
I don’t want to be locked to droneboats and I’ve read that even with a T2 fit it has a good tank

And what about the late PvE king, the Tengu? Is it still viable?

@Nolak_Ataru thanks for the link, unfortunately it seems to me that the post turned into a whining rant against T3C.

1 Like
[Tengu, Tengu: 1063 DPS 1449m/s MWD L4 HamGu]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Gist C-type 50mn Microwarp Drive
Gistum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization
1 Like

Is there a T3 that challenges the role of the Stratios as a lo/high sec explorer with probing and hacking/analysis?
What I am looking for is a slightly more “beefy” ship that could handle any 1v1 ambush in lo-sec. So far, I cannot seem to fit any T3 that gets a better cost/ability ratio than the Stratios; anyone have a decent fit?

1 Like

I have no experience with the Loki. My highsec PVE character was already skilled to fly the Sacrilege so Legion was a quick and easy train. The fit is very tight for CPU. I had a choice between downgrading to meta modules or upgrading to faction/deadspace to make the fit work. Meta modules didn’t seem right for a T3 cruiser and I can afford the shiny stuff.

1 Like

If you’re seriously looking for a high/low combination you more or less have to stick with the Stratios (or a HAC). T3s can’t get into anything smaller than a 5/10, which means that high sec exploration is all but useless for them.

3 Likes

Another issue that you will have is that if you fit for PVE or Hacking ect you will for the most part be at a big disadvantage in PVP. If you fit for PVP and try and run PVE sites (in LS at least) you will have a fairly hard time of it.

1 Like

My new style (after rebalance) Loki shrugs off damage, but its greatest asset is its awesome offense. Its long range artillery regularly one-shots PVE cruisers using faction ammo.

2 Likes

Plugged this into a fit tool with a pilot that has no implants and all skills set to level 5 and still cannot get your numbers, damage is 945 not the 1063 claimed and the fit is 3.4% over on CPU.
What are the missing pieces that make this work?

With tank that drops to about 300 dps against some NPC even with missions specific hardeners and only 3 minutes 48 seconds capacitor to keep the MWD running this could get tricky to fly.

1 Like

The dps goes up to 1044 with 5% implants, and then 1066 with 6% implants. Probably shouldn’t advertise your fit’s dps with 6% implants, but well people always love maxing where they can. And the CPU looks fine using PyFa

Using the old t2 rate of fire rig setup I get 1001 dps and using 5% implants it goes up to 1107 dps. Looks like the tengu’s dps is still fine, and the tank should still be overkill for many activities, might have been hurt in some high end activities though.

[Tengu, Pve Hams]

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pithum A-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner

[Empty High slot]

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

1 Like

I do not care if a fit posted requires implants, that is just part of the game. When you post a fit that requires implants they should be mentioned to avoid confusion and hassles especially when dealing with new players.

Looking into the CPU thing so I made sure I have the latest versions installed, EvE HQ (2.31.4.0) and PYFA (1.30.0) and there is a definite discrepancy. Screen shots sent to both dev teams just because.

First thing I noticed is that according to both tools there is no such thing as a Gist C-Type 50mn Microwarp Drive, closest there is is the Gistum C-Type so I used that in the fits.

For the rest the numbers posted are using a character with all skills set to level 5 and no implants.

EvE HQ reports this fit as 3.41% over on CPU, while PYFA reports it at 92.31% CPU.

Both programs list DPS output at 945 with volley at 1902. With plus 5% that would go up to 992, with plus 6% it would go up to 1001.

Using 25%, 25%, 25%, 25% incoming damage EvE HQ reports 197.69 dps tank while PYFA reports 180 dps tank.

Capacitor is another EvE HQ reports at 3 minutes 48 seconds, PYFA reports 3 minutes 50 seconds.

Speed - EvE HQ reports 1,058.77 PYFA reports 1458.

1 Like

yep should definitely note implant usage when posting fits. I also used the gistum c-type 50mn. In game I see 945 dps and it fits in the ghost fitting window so I assume Pyfa is accurate. both have 20.1 cpu left and speed is the same (character has a zor’s adding a zor’s in pyfa matches the speed) Sounds like Eve Hq needs some updating.

1 Like

I`ve fully agreed with @Zhilia_Mann.

And, IMHO, there is no reason to switch from Stratios, just because T3 require more SP to learn; if T3 is destroyed you will loose SP; T3 is 2-3 times more expensive than Stratios; Interdiction nullification in lo/high is not a point of interest.
So, for lo/high exploration Stratios is my best choice.

1 Like

Stratios does less DPS than T3Cs so your time in site will be longer → bigger chance someone comes and probes you down. Also because of lower DPS Stratios can’t complete some 6/10s.

1 Like

Again, in T3 you can not do 5/10 and below. Time spent to find 6/10 not comparable with time addition to complete 6/10 in Stratios( BTW she is more agile than T3). In my experience there is 1 6/10 on 4-5 5/10 and below.
Anyway it`s up to you what ship to use. Pros and Cons you know.

1 Like

T3Cs can’t enter 4/10s, 3/10s and Chemical Yard while Stratios can. They can both enter pirate faction unrated sites from Watch and up, they can enter drone unrated sites from Rogue Trial Yard and up and rated DED sites starting with 5/10.
For many of these sites neither Stratios neither T3Cs are optimal ships, but for sites where they both work ok its T3Cs > Stratios.

1 Like

For 6/10 and especially 5/10, I vastly prefer a T3 but I’ve manged them in a Stratios. 3/10 and 4/10 are actually quite workable in a Stratios.

The only unrated sites I really bother with are Annex and Minor Annex (depending on faction) and honestly I wouldn’t want a Stratios in either of those.

The niche I’ve found I really like the Stratios in is low sec 3-4/10s that usually don’t get run. Sure, there are better ships for them, but the Stratios can probe and warp cloaked and whatnot in a single package. It can then (sometimes barely) do higher sites should you run across them as icing on the cake.

All that said, I’m generally happier with a beam Confessor if I’m sticking to high or a Legion/Loki/Tengu depending where I am in low; I don’t mind just foregoing the silly 4/10s and below if I can have anything resembling a steady diet of 5-6/10s.

Maybe low level unrated sites are worthwhile and I shouldn’t just skip the band, but as is I only even scan certain sphere sizes if I have a T3 out.

1 Like

I use this Legion for PVE (sometimes it mixed with pvp), great for event sites when somone tries to loot before you :slight_smile:

[Legion, Malevolence]
Core X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shadow Serpentis Warp Scrambler
Shadow Serpentis Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner

Heavy Pulse Laser II