[119.7] Tech 3 changes and more now live on the Test Server

every other login or session change, I can’t get modules to stop. Propulsion stays on, remote shield transfers, etc. Through gates as well.

CCP Was there a “module off” modifier key that wasn’t added?

Alternatively: include a mini skill injector in the wreck drop (or the chance of one). That makes killing a T3C more attractive, and if your gang holds the field you have a chance to recover some of the lost SP. Obviously, tweak the chance of a drop so people can’t commit SP fraud and wind up with more SP than when they started.

1 Like

the Linux client completely crashes for me on SiSi. Any other Linux users having similar issues? I get a Windows “this program has encountered a serious error and needs to close” popup. :frowning:

Thanks for the feedback. At this point they’re fairly set I’m afraid but I’ll pass this on for sure.

1 Like

Hello ! Just test Tengu change today. And i dissapointed on one thing. Can you please replace appearance Tengu Subsystem (appearance of accelerated ejection bay with support processor appearance).
Unfortunatly i cannot post images on forum for some reason, so i post using imgur.
So, replace appearance of this one:

with this one

Thanks for attention. I hope you will keep my suggestion in mind.

4 Likes

Seems strange to me that the Proteus Drone subsystem results in 7 high slots… seems overkill? Why not swap one high for a mid or low instead?

Also just in general: the Covert Ops versions of these ships are very VERY powerful now. GG Stratios it’s been a good run.

1 Like

Given the mass of T3s, Stratioses are still a better choice for exploration in w-space, especially lower-end systems.

On the ‘next couple of weeks’ frame: we’ve been hearing ‘July 11th’ for a while on these. On updates.eveonline.com, they’re included in the ‘Summer Update’, which is listed after the AT on July 29. Is the July 11th time-frame still the plan?

If you shield tank it yeah, I suppose.

You know that’s Chance Ravinne and what he does yeah?

1 Like

Using the heaviest plates for the Stratios and the lightest for the T3s:

Stratios with 2 plates: 15,500,000 kg
Proteus with 1 plate: 16,000,000 kg
Legion with 1 plate: 17,500,000 kg
Loki with 1 plate: 16,200,000 kg

So no, not ‘if you shield tank it’. But at least now they’ve put all the mass on the strat cruisers on the ship itself, instead of hidden mass increases on each subsystem.

if you’re that worried about mass, put the plates in cargo with a mobile depot lol (can’t you just turn them off too, I forget)

You can. Keep in mind, that only saves you 3,000,000 kg on those T3s. And the Stratios could do exactly the same thing. Point is, a Legion w/2 plates, or a Proteus/Loki w/2 non-Restrained/faction plates can’t even get into a C1, or through any of the 20,000,000 kg limit holes. Now, the C1 itself might not be of much interest, but if you plan to go deeper, you might be using a C1 as a base of operations, or as part of your route to shake off larger pursuit.

Maybe in a T3 cruiser you won’t have to run away into a C1 lol

You know better than to ever assume just having a specific ship means you won’t need to run away.

yeah I do, and I just comedy answered because I think this dialog is silly. I don’t think there’s anything really worth your time in a Stratios or T3 Cruiser below C… 3? Other than Chimeras that were built inside them.

Have you tried these T3s on Sisi, they’re amazing. I wouldn’t ever think “oh but the mass.” I mean whose sake are you worried about, the owner of the hole?

By the way, devs, a bunch of the different subsystems (mostly defensive, I think) that have a bonus to overheating instead list a bonus to “overhearing” modules. Now, I like listening to my ship as much as the next nerd, but… :slight_smile:

Also, some of the subsystems capitalize “Capacitor Capacity” in the bonuses listed, and some leave it lowercase.

2 Likes

I posted this in the old forums but I guess that was the wrong place so I’m copying it here:

Just hopped on the test server to take a look at some of the Tengu subs. It seems that logi t3s are being nerfed hard?

For example, on the Tengu currently on the live server, the Adaptive Shielding sub gives a 10% per level bonus to the strength of medium remote shield boosters. This bonus has vanished on the test server, and instead it gets a bonus to overheating remote shield boosters. This means that even a dedicated Tengu logi (not even accounting for one that might want to split between logi and command boosts) will be rather less effective than they are now, and will likely not be a viable logi option…

Is this intentional or an oversight?

1 Like

Just a quick update for today:

Please note that the “/copyships” command on Singularity will give you Tech 3 Cruisers that won’t be boardable/usable, due to having too many subsystems of now invalid types. If you experience this issue you can return the ship to a workable state by simply repackaging the ship.

1 Like

I played around with the fitting simulator a bit yesterday and it seemed to me that many tengu layouts had a few too many midslots and could have used an extra low or two, then I made a few swaps and had 5/5 lows/mids

also it seemed like the models on the ships were wrong. the sisi sensor sub has the tq ewar model, and the PG sub has the sensor strength front end. Any plans to swap the graphical representations of the subs around to better match the current tq versions?

also it seems the warp speed subs got removed? boo!

The ‘optimization’ subs were in last I checked… has that changed in the last day or so?