Dev blog: Rebalancing Strategic Cruisers

official
devblog

(CCP Phantom) #1

With the next release on July 11, we will receive considerably revamped Tech-3 cruisers.

The goals:

• T3 cruisers should be more unique and distinct
  • All subsystems should be a good choice
  • Simply and clarify the role of all subsystems
  • Strategic cruisers should be unique ship class, not overlapping much with other classes

How did we archive those goals?

Read on in our latest dev blog Rebalancing Strategic Cruisers

(Jeremiah Saken) #2

“The goals:” ahahahahahahha
It will take years of balancing to reach those goals
:joy: :rofl:

(Luc Chastot) #3

Are there any plans to redesign these ships? Most combinations are quite ugly.

(Armark Bether) #4

To be honest they aren’t close to being the ugliest ships. I mean, look at the celestis, the wyvern, the cynabal, etc, etc.

Also, they aren’t ugly, they’re special.

(Tipa Riot) #5

Except the last goal (and this is debatable), the current balance pass pretty much nailed them IMO.

(Jeremiah Saken) #6

I don’t know yet. My plan is to take tengu and proteus for a few runs and check them out. Proteus first. I think I’ll acutally skill for all of them since I don’t fly anything above cruiser class. They look very versatile now but don’t know how usable for my pve stuff. Anyway my tears buckets are ready for tomorrow.

(JC Mieyli) #7

rip eve

(Luc Chastot) #8

I know they aren’t the ugliest, but damn, some combinations get pretty close.

(NextDarkKnight) #9

So something that supposed to be able to battle wormhole sleepers is being turned into a gimmick hi sec exploration platform for people that like cool skins?

These things can’t even Run wormhole sites anymore.

(Wanda Fayne) #10

Can I get a ‘salt bay’ installed on mine? Gonna fill er up quickly :yum:

(Val Mech) #11

Is this right announcement:

With the next release on July 111, we will receive considerably revamped Tech-3 cruisers.

The goals:

T3 cruisers should be more unique and distinct pieces of ■■■■
All subsystems should be a good irrational choice
Simply and clarify the role of all subsystems with absolutely illegitimate slots layout
Strategic cruisers should be unique ship class, not overlapping much with other classes, and no more needed in their previous gameplay roles

How did we archive those goals? We absolutely dont care. Eat what they give, and dont buzz.

(Blazemonger) #12

You forgot:
And please stop by to buy our shiny new skin offerings

(Sol epoch) #13

WRONG VERSION: With the next release on July 11, we will receive considerably revamped Tech-3 cruisers.

CORRECT VERSION: With the next release on July 11, we will receive considerably nerfed Tech-3 cruisers, and we don’t really care but buy the skins!

(Zarek Kree) #14

It wouldn’t be update day if there weren’t a bunch a whining and crying on the forums. As someone who isn’t heavily invested in T3C’s, I find your tears delicious.

(NextDarkKnight) #15

T3c been out the door for us in wormhole space for a while now. It’s just sad to see that over the last few years content made for wormholes was serverally twisted to meet the needs of 0.0.

Run the numbers I bet you’ll find that wormhole space by region had to use significantly more 0.0 gear or LP usage then t3.

Been like this for a long time.

(Cancer Patient13) #16

How about fixing some problems not making more you lazy newbros.
Spend some time fixing issues that have been around for years. Maybe, just maybe we might get some people to return. You guys just ■■■■■■ up majorly with carriers, rorquals, supers and now T3Cs. After this month it will be ■■■■■■■ over moon harvesting (oh yea, lets make it so people have to mine it, in a dwindling population spiral)… Well, good thing I get to go to the last Eve Vegas before Eve is no more.
#RIPEve
#YearOfTheNerfs

(tasman devil) #17

@CCP_Phantom - I know I’m a bit late for the party but I think that the Legion should have been able to field the drones BOTH with laser configuration and missile configuration. Right now, I fail to see the reason to go with lasers even in a PvE use case.

[edit] or have a substantial damage bonus of +20-25% for the lasers… right now it is Legion with lasers 550dps, Legion with drones and missiles 800dps. Either add drones or increase damage.

(Armtoe) #18

Sorry but I find the t3 changes exceedingly disappointing. CCP’s efforts to fit these ships into some ill defined “role” has left them extremely cookie cutter - you want covert config you have to have this fit, you want combat you have to have that fit. There is simply no room for innovative designs and variation. It strikes me that once again ccp has stepped back from the sand box and decided to dictate how it wants its ships fitted.