18.04 Release - Known Issues

Blueprint copies for Baryon Exotic Plasma XL (Zirnitra ammo) are dropping in Abyssal Deadspace. Additionally, the image used for this item’s icon is incorrect, and shows a red energy weapon crystal.

Bug report: EBR-195693

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine The Portrait Screen in Character Customization no longer has the pop-up Portrait Preview asking if current selection is acceptable.

I usually create 4 different portraits in that screen and then check each one with that Portrait Preview to select the best looking one before clicking the finalize button.

EDIT: Also there’s some clipping / splotch skin bleed-thru happening with the sleeve cuffs on this specific portrait pose, all the other portrait poses seem to be ok.

1 Like

Same. It’s a misplaced warning tone. Very annoying.

Appears some huntmaster sites still bugged, logged bug report under EBR-195699. Same issue as post patch, warp to site, beacon shows up on overview, go through first gate and no rats spawn and gate to boss is still locked.

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Habakuk @CCP_TrashMob @CCP_Aurora @CCP_Convict

Win 10 - Windows Security on my HP computer just blocked a severe threat:

Threat Blocked Severe
4/17/2020 12:53 AM

Threat Detected: Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl
Alert Level: Severe
Date: 4/17/2020 12:53 AM
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected Items:
file: C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\ResFiles\5b\5bc7b0b181b096bb_8800469f83fcb3b348faa9e6c2f32768

EDIT:
I was verifying all downloaded files in the Eve Launcher when Windows Security detected the issue. This is the first time that’s ever happened on my computer.

Anyway, Windows Security has updated with another message:

Threat Quarantined Severe
4/17/2020 1:36 AM

Quarantined files are in a restricted area where they can’t harm your device. They will be removed automatically.

Threat Detected: Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl
Alert Level: Severe
Date: 4/17/2020 1:37 AM
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected Items:
file: C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\ResFiles\5b\5bc7b0b181b096bb_8800469f83fcb3b348faa9e6c2f32768

file: C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\ResFiles\5b\5bc7b0b181b096bb_8800469f83fcb3b348faa9e6c2f32768.tmp

file:
C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\sisi\bin\d3dinfo.pyd

Hey there, this is the only such report I’ve seen so far so it doesn’t seem to be a problem with the release but we’re double checking just to be sure.

For now please head https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us and put in a ticket about this so technical support can have a look for you as well.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the reply and believe me, I am both surprised and confused about why it happened…

This is the first time ever that my computer has detected a security issue with the launcher.

my account im not even getting these new daily rewards

Seems some of the sites that had previously broken on Thursday are stuck that way until they time out and despawn. We’ve closed out that offending site from your report so it should spawn back properly.

Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem, with the same file, on windows 10

1 Like

Great at last some normal bracket edition panel!

There is one position to fix. We should be enable to modify ‘distance’ appearance too.

PS. Add “close all unpinned windows” shortcut please!

I feel like there is also an issue regarding cap stability, as on the fitting screen more often overloading a cap booster doesnt increase time being cap stable even if -gj/s goes down 50%

I also have the issue:

2 Likes

How did you get a picture of your Windows Security to download here? I tried to get a screenshot of mine but couldn’t figure out how to do it.

Want me to debug the code too?

press ‘print screen’
open Paint app
‘paste’ or CTRL-V
crop out all the personal info
save as .jpeg (smaller size) then just drag and drop it into the chat window

1 Like

Ahhh, thank you very much.

If you’re on Windows 10 (and possibly earlier versions, I’m not certain) you can use Windows key + Shift + S to select an area to screenshot, which is then copied to the clipboard.

A corp mate of mine also had Windows security complain about some file in the EVE cache, FWIW

1 Like

Thanks, that option works too.

Show on Map button is not working at all, anywhere, when the option “Try the new map” is disabled.

1 Like