disclaimer: English is not my first language and sorry for the big text
Hi fellow Capsuleers,
Back in March 2010 I decided to explore EVE universe but on that time we had only the option of a small trial and, as many of the new comers, I simply quit. I felt kind of sad to do it, not only because of the game’ mechanisms, but also for the immersion that we could get on this world: CSM (that I thought that might be a little bit more than a “DEV pool of ideas”), Corporates (was on one or two), Missions etc.).
So now in 2017, when I was checking some old feeds, I noticed that EVE created alphas and I simply decided to return and create a new character. Tutorial and some basic missions and SoE Arc done and I was again happy to have my ships and cargos when I discover that the 2 alts I had back in 2010 were still active (I’m currently writing this post from the 2010’s Main). Instead of deleting the new one I simply decided to keep the 3 and now I’m learning the basics of station trading, corp management (a tiny corp with my 3 alts).
As you see, EVE is not only PvP (it will be something I’ll do again in the future), I’m currently happy with my trading, don’t think that I’m trading to buy my PLEX or to be a tycoon, not that, for now I’m really happy to get 1M profit at the end of the night – ok, you can laugh about it, but EVE is truly this: we can do whatever we want, and for now I don’t mind to trade enough to pay my fittings or to get a cruiser 1M cheaper with a good bid order.
On these last days people ask me if I already thought about a career in EVE. Well, I don’t have a correct answer for that. Already questioned several paths but didn’t found any reply that really suits me. I guess I still have time, especially because I’ll probably turn into omega this time.
Nevertheless after reading lots of posts (both here and on the old forums) some questions are still on my mind, please bear in mind that some of these questions might been already discussed (only yesterday by chance I discovered that the channel “Z-S Overview” able us to have an Overview scan much more optimized):
- Why after the basic tutorial, Aura don’t point us the Epic Arcs?
- Why this basic tutorial doesn’t have any missions regarding trading/contracts, the use of drones and why there is no in game data base with some fitting examples?
- An extra button on the ship commands to bring Aura and access to some data bases – or even some statistics - could be nice to improve Aura’s role
- Since we can have both economic and/or military approaches on EVE, why can’t we have military corporations and economic societies? For instance, I might want to be part of a military corporate with other players and declare war to other corps but I could also want to have economic society with my alts to share different wallets.
- Since everyone defends more immersion why CSM can’t have a more political/RPG role amongst corporations and capsuleers in general? Why can’t we also earn some skills due to some kind of progression, maybe with the formalization of the roles tutor/apprentice?
- Why stations, mines, citadels and all POS must be only available for the ISK tycoons? We could also have some small ones with a fraction of the original stats, that way, we could all have more opportunities to be more immersed
- The list might continue forever…