2.5K dps Ship vs Winter Nexus

I tried a 2.5K dps vindicator in these Winter Nexus sites. Combined with crystal implants, it’s super fast!! Only issue really is the time it takes to approach the boss if you are unlucky with the spawn location.

2 Likes

And here is how you’ll get fu**ed in hi-sec with that fit:

WFS-hisec-hardcore

All cruisers have the web ewar there. So, your 10km web and MWD will not help to hit them (their 6 webs will imobilize your ship). And before you’ll kill those 3 frigates to remove points and warp away, they’ll kill your ship for sure. The overall DPS was crazy for such a site in hi-sec - it had like half the FOBs have. Thanks I was in a very tanky Rattlesnake.

PS. I just don’t want you to lose that Vindicator during Christmas times :slight_smile:

1 Like

should be replaced with a 14km one of course.

only 3 cycles of guns to kill 3 frigs.

400 EHP/s is definitely enough to tank the site when you have enough DPS.

1 Like

I guess not all sites in high sec are the same. I was doing them easy in a Megathron,
but suddenly there was one site with crazy spawn, that actually put me in trouble.
When I had done the site, my Mega was in structure and used all cap.

this fit:

1 Like

your fit has a useless 1600 and thermal/em hardeners. use magstabs instead, you will complete the site faster. Also on a non-serp non-blood fit, use grappler+web as it’s just better for frigtes.

also your explosive rig is useless.

1 Like

The Aceyfacey fit is a “glass cannon” based on the Abyssal PVE concept. Aka, the point is to get only enough tanking abilities just to remove the critical incoming dps or neuting potency over time as fast as possible and remain alive. A perfect Abyss ship for that is such a noob PVE ship like Gila. With unexpected spawns, with two pointing Cruisers or 3 neuting Cruisers (1:35 min cap res), the Vindicator fit will not sustain long enough. And the main issue there is the TII Web. Very gankable. Shouldn’t be used in a two Region range from Jita.

Your fit has other issues. I didn’t “dive deep” enough into the fit concept analysis, but I see its big Cap issues and useless modules for the PVE purposes. There are just too many active tanking modules, which aren’t supported by enough Cap resources (if Cap == 0 => Tank = 0). At the same time the 1600mm SP and AB are ineffective with this fit. The 1600mm SP will slow you down, while the AB is useless until you’ll clear all ships (to get to the loot use a Mobile Tractor Unit).

Any fit is good if it is designed for a specific scenario only and you know how to use it correctly.

Here is a more effective fit for these Winter sites. It has good ability to deal with normal spawns and to survive after hard spawns:

[Megathron, *Winter Megathron]
Large Armor Repairer II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
True Sansha Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Tracking Computer II

Neutron Blaster Cannon II

Large Nanobot Accelerator I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Federation Navy Garde x3

Tracking Speed Script x1
Void L x3000
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x6120
Optimal Range Script x1
Standard Exile Booster x1
Mobile Tractor Unit x1

Tip. Use the Navy Garde to attack the BC and BS mainly, N-Web to stop Cruisers and N-Web+Grapler for frigates; Optimal Range Script to reach better the BC/BS with Void ammo.

Below is a more flexible fit. The ship can vary its dps from 900 to 1400 by decreasing the passive tanking from 400h/s to 150h/s. You can do it even in combat by using the Mobile Depot.

[Rattlesnake, *Winter Rattlesnake]
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay

Pithum A-Type EM Shield Amplifier
Gistum B-Type EM Shield Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Thermal Shield Amplifier
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Shield Recharger
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Core Defense Field Purger I

Praetor II x3
Imperial Navy Curator x2
Federation Navy Garde x2

Tracking Speed Script x1
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x5125
Ballistic Control System II x1
Drone Link Augmentor II x1
Republic Fleet Shield Recharger x1
Shield Power Relay II x2
Drone Damage Amplifier II x1
Mobile Depot x1

Tip. Use the Navy Garde to attack Cruisers/BCs first and after that the Praetor II for frigates and BS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.