2 years break. First Day back. What In The Actual Frak!?! EVE statistics from 2003 - 2017 Present Day

Having a good proven quest system or quest building tools doesn’t make anythig more casual. Just more fun

1 Like

Artistry and corporate greed rarely mix well on a personal level I guess.

1 Like

Bitcoins are a fraud.
No regulation, no knowlege, nothing. The current bubble was created by the same mega rich clan that the nobody ever messes with and that can get away with everything (hint hint, DuPont, Rockefellers, etc), they now caused the simpleton masses to buy into it. Soon, they going to sell their part and who gets screwed once again? The simpletons. There is ZERO regulation on bitcoins, zero, so it is a fraud, it will blow up to pieces big time, so if anyone has bitcoins, you better get rid of it now because you will lose it all soon enough.

1 Like

Aaahhh, always glad to see people parrotting what the media teaches them, without any actual knowledge behind it! Damn, you’re so right, man! Next time i look at my bank account, i’ll cry a river about it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember when you made your first Bitcoin profits a short while back. I’m pretty sure your account isn’t busting at the seams just yet :slight_smile: especially since you play it safe and won’t use paypal.

His statement has a few holes but the gist is essentially correct. Bitcoin might do really well for a long time, but it is definitely not a sure thing which is why some of us make some cash. If it was stable none of us would be making near as much cash from peoples fickleness.

I don’t need to use paypal for trading, Keno, and i would never ever recommend paypal for anything, tbh. :slight_smile: i don’t even know how you draw a connection between paypal and me making money trading cryptocurrencies, or how much!

See, the problem with statements like this guys’ is that all he has is the media telling him to bash it. When his words are just a copy of what you can find in mainstream media, then they’re not worth being considered. I then have to conclude that he has zero understanding of what bitcoins are, what a blockchain is, how many different coins exist out there and their differences… nothing! :smiley:

There are people out there who actually know what they are talking about, and they are the ones i enjoy talking to. A good friend of mine invested in a friend’s (of his) company that rented a whole ■■■■■■■ water power plant only for their mining farm. Do you think clueless people with no money do this? :smiley:

Bitcoin’s aren’t a fraud. Saying that reveals that he has zero understanding of it. He just parrots the ■■■■ the JPMorgan bankster said. A JPMorgan representative! And guess who then got caught buying bitcoins? JPMorgan! :smiley:

You should make an effort and look into how far cryptocurrencies have come already, how it works, their differences, their advantages, but i suggest avoiding regular media, because all they can do is bash that which is new and which they don’t understand. :slight_smile:

You’ll be amazed about what you don’t get to know as average Joe who only gathers information from the actually fraudulent mainstream media! :slight_smile:

Anyhow, this really goes beyond the topic, even for my standards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eve has always been advertised and marketed as “player driven” I’ve actually taken this to the limit and created a venture that many people found interesting at the time. Yes there was lots of Drama, arguments and disagreements, but you know what it was THE best gaming experience of my life.

So asking what the players are going to do to keep players in the game is a very reasonable question, its a convo i will enjoy being part of as I’m somewhat of a guru on the subject.

I still think NPC 0.0 is the place to be. I am in Stain and for years I’ve been trying to assist more people coming here and building an economy. I have to go but I will come back to this point. generally I think the players are too rigid in their play styles and too quick to say something wont work without even trying.

Ive found that when people dont agree with myu venture they try damn hard to convince others it wont work, this is the type of crap we have to let go of if eve is to move forward. Why is it wrong to live in a remote area in a computer generated virtual world? think about that…

There’s a difference of approx 5%-10% between legitimate bitcoin exchange prices and less secure private sales using paypal. The extra risk of using paypal however can be largely mitigated by requesting various ID’s and other such gymnastics. Bit long winded at times but that extra % is a nice bit on top of the occasionally narrow margins.

I’m on your side here, but clueless people do big stupid things all the time. Goldmans Sachs (investments firm) famously once predicted 200 dollar oil barrels right before oil crashed to 30 dollars a barrel. They had some of the the highest paid market analysts in the world but there is still much guesswork involved with any similar prediction.

Either way as i said I think you are correct, bitcoin is looking pretty good for a while yet from where I’m sat :smile:

1 Like

Its something Ive wanted to do for a long time but never quite managed to get to work. Unfortunately things like this are difficult as people who manage tend not to want to give out their key and rightfulky so.

Not talking about you, just previous exchangrs Ive had regarding it, I should say.

In eve you do not leave your ship. Thus your ways to interact with the environment are very limited. No matter how you package it, just about every mission is the same as every other. Its like people say, “you seen one, you’ve seen them all,” well in eve its you “shoot one rat, you’ve shot them all.” Missioning simply doesnt get better no matter how they tweek it. Eve missions, by themselves, are simply inherently boring. Now player interactions are different. Player interactions always vary depending upon the players; this is why, imo, the best PVE that CCP has done is where the pve leads to fun pvp. In short, ccp should skip worrying about how to make its lemon of pve it to something better and instead focus of creating more tools for players to interact with each other. In other words, they should be adding more sand to the box instead of telling people what they should be doing. Unfortunately CCP has taken the exact opposite tact. CCP gets giving people means of avoiding interaction between players, which imo is why the game has suffered.

There is also the issue of people’s lives changing and so playing less and while pilots may be the same they aren’t playing so much so concurrent numbers are down.

Noone can play 14 hours a day for 14 years…at least I can’t anyway.

Yeah I know what you mean Ive had hardly any time to get stuck in this time round

but but but its more spread over in time! ccps never been better!

I’m trying to reconcile the ideas of what I do in video games with EVE. The games I’ve been playing most over the past couple years are ARK and Warframe. Both of them, I play in single player mode. With ARK, when I start to hit a ceiling, I use cheat codes to get a boost. With Warframe, I jump over to multiplayer to break through the ceiling. I get bored with ARK much more quickly than Warframe. With EVE though? I hit a progression stopper, and I pretty much quit playing, just log in occasionally to help in help channels.

I’m sure there are some lessons there for EVE. I suspect CCP would do well to go through every single game mechanic and interface tool in EVE and figure out ways to make everything multiplayer friendly. EVE’s entire design is pretty hostile to a multiplayer experience, either reducing reward, increasing cost, or increasing risk. At least until you pass a certain threshold where the big blue donut lives.

Can I ask what you consider to be progression in EvE?

Time for EVE to die for good. Hate to see her go but love to watch her leave.

Progression in a sandbox, by definition, would have to be all about personal goals, wouldn’t it? Those are obviously going to be shaped by game mechanics and your social group. The thing is, my first corp didn’t fall apart until we hit all our goals… Set up a moon mining POS, kill a capital ship, get some sov. I haven’t had a solid goal in EVE for a long time… got my capital ships, got all the skill training done I want. I have a few ideas for goals, but I’m really not sure I want to put in that much effort any more.

1 Like

Many people don’t consider things that aren’t possible in other games, because they’re too meta.

• do something special enough to get your own module (several people over the years, before ccp made useless player named items)
  • create a group that challenges the game itself and get a system with your name on (m0o)
  • make a heist so big, it gathers lamestream media attention (GHSC)
  • create a fitting no one knew is needed, which eventually becomes a base fitting for the activity (solstice project)
  • write a blog that’s nuts and makes you famous (gevlon goblin)
  • become the most honest man in EVE (Chribba)
  • be the Space Pope and known by thousands (Max Singularity, first of his name)
  • be such a notorious RPer, your catch phrase can’t ever be forgotton (Diana Kim)
  • request a seemingly tiny change (make gcc pods legally gankable in highsec), causing a significant increase in risk for highsec criminals (solstice project)
  • own several thousand times the whole market supply of Heavy Water, putting you into a position of power no one ever gets to know about, because you’re a good guy (not allowed to name)
  • make a thread about clothes for your precious corpse and gain attention from players, GMs and devs (joelinux)
  • make a thread about how you put beer in your soda stream (Niivvy)
  • make a thread that gathers so much attention and traction, CCP actually listens (solecist project)
  • prove yourself as so important, ccp names ship’s after you (m0o’s members)
  • become one of the most infamous of all time (erotica1)
  • create a corp/concept that eventually feels like it always belonged (EVEUNI, RvB)
  • create a money making scheme so big, it can defeat the goons (IWANTISK)
  • make a new way of scamming famous (erotica1)
  • force the devs to implement a silly rule for one small specific thing no one is allowed to start, participate in, or end. (goons, collectively)
  • draw tights on avatars, sparking a debate about bottomless dresses, making both happen (solecist project)
  • become the end boss of highsec (Cannibal Kane)
  • bring some of the worst people in EVE together (psychotic monk)
  • be that guy who clicks jump, instead of bridge, causing a ginormous battle (dabigredboat)
  • grief the developers (m0o, again, and yes this deserves its own point)
  • create an awesome event, aka Hulkaggeddon (helicity boson)
  • find a glitch that sparks the creation of an underwear calendar (solecist project, indah fazmahari)
  • glitch the game in a way that allows you to kill normally docking bots, with ccp turning a blind eye on it (monkeysphere)
  • be so smart, CCP actually implements significant changes because of your ideas (tiericide and tidi, apologies for not finding their names)

There’s so many more. Like Ten Tron, of whom i fail to find anything. Whenever someone says “i’ve done it all”, i want to smack them with this list, because they actually done nothing no one else didn’t do as well and there’s ALWAYS an opportunity for “greatness” (one way or another) hiding somewhere.

2 Likes

As I said, this is NOT an EVE is dying post. I’ve been hearing EVE is dying just two years after the game came out. A year after I started in 2004.

NOt an EVE is dying post but I have been following Star Cit since before it’s kick starter. I agree with you. EVE is going to lose a lot of ppl to Star Cit. One-Third of all eve alliance and corps have already been reserved in Star cit. Star Cit will require some serious GPU and Memory, however. So EVER will retain a player base strictly out of people not being able to play star cit.

1. On and off

I feel ya bro. I do. Sadly. I’m actully tring to come back this week after a year or more on break. I’m trying to find to motivation and will to come back.