2 years break. First Day back. What In The Actual Frak!?! EVE statistics from 2003 - 2017 Present Day

The game has no content. People don’t want to play a boring game with no content that relies on a byproduct of internet-enabled gaming. Very simple.

All you need to do is a Google search for “EVE no content” and you’ll come up with tons of results of people saying they no longer want to play the game and they quit because of that very reason.

At this point it’s almost like my punchline. I keep explaining logic, with credibility since i’ve been a gamer for well over 20 years. I keep explaining why people shouldn’t put that metal pot in the microwave. But for the sake of redundancy i’ll say it again! :joy:

CCPs ultimate goal should (logically) be to make this game (and i thought this is what it was when i started playing years ago; logically) as massive and dynamic as possible. Like a supermarket catering to every need possible for playstyle. Relying on a byproduct of internet-enabled gaming? On player-to-player interactions? The most minimal amount of effort in design and development? And calling that a game? The game has no content. It’s very simple. MMOs are the online equivalent of what an Elder Scrolls game is as a singleplayer experience. An experience so overwhelming with content, you don’t know what the hell to do next and you lose your life in it. Player to player interactions will always be in EVE. Guess why?! :smiley: Because it’s always going to be an internet-enabled game. :smiley:

I haven’t even scratched the surface of the game’s problems. But… the remaining essential components to games which are missing; which i haven’t mentioned, are probably even more frustrating. And work in tandem to make the game avoidable and unappealing. Again. For very, very, very logical reasons. :neutral_face:

1 Like

This to me is the ultimate joy of why I enjoy Eve. The Devs built the world, filled it with stuff but “I” as a player create the content.

The game gets boring when “I” run out of content “I” have made for myself. So if Im smart, intelligent, adaptive and innovative “I” can create as much content as “I” wish to have for myself. “I” am only bound by my minds limitations and my imagination. Noone else is responsible for my content but myself.

This is exactly what this world doesnt teach in humans imo. Bell curve schooling teaches people what to think not how to think. What to mimic, aka ‘Simon Says’, but not what to do on your own without a ‘leader’ telling you what to do. This means that when the standard ideas of what content is falls down and fails most people cannot for the life of them create it on their own. Their inner childs imagination has died, they tend to stick to conformist and statistically safe pathways to get from A>>B and dont deviate from the norms of societal values so significantly that they stay bound to traditions of thought.

This creates the stagnation we see imo. Because it is truly hard to think outside the box, even though everyone thinks they do.

“The only limits there are, are those you place upon yourself.”

This, to me, is why I play Eve and enjoy the hell out of it. Most people wont because its hard. Oh theyll say they can and do but few do. Look at Yellows List. Of ALL the players in the game ever theres still only a few on it. Even an expanded view from multiple authoritative sources in the game would still net under 100 significant innovators or authors of emergent gameplay. Like RL most follow the herd and only a few will ever be inventors or innovators of anything. This number is likely under 1% of the population within humanity and will always stay this way. This game is no different.

So when you say that there is no content and others say you are the content or to make your own content this is what Eve is entirely about for me. I hope you enjoy this and thrive under it.

Adapt or die. Grow or stagnate. Choice is yours… welcome to Eve Online.:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Its funny that the graph says “players” when we all know that it is ACCOUNTS.

And we also all know that EVE for some reason facilitates and approves use of multiple accounts (both at the same time and not) and that the increase in this playstyle is massive…so yeah…EVE is dead basically…lets face it…

Also in general this multiple account thing is one of the biggest destroyers of the game if you ask me (but far from the only one). I so wish this game could restart and be made “properly” instead…

I mean. That’s great and all. Inspirational. But it doesn’t change the reality of gaming in any way at all. The game still just relies on… um… :nauseated_face: A byproduct of online-enabled gaming.

And i’m not sure where the whole speech on today’s society came from but… Anyway.

Yeah. The ultimatum for EVE is that if there’s anything to become of if, it will turn into one of the most massive and dynamic games in existence. Dust 514 would have been a nice supplementary part of that if they had made it a PC game as it should have been. Probably would have still been around. But regardless of Dust, yeah… EVE.

The “sandbox” as CCP call it; which i have since properly clarified and redefined as the game’s definitive form of self-sufficiency (Nullsec) and all of the players in HiSec are the stepping stones and blueprinted/basic version of what the game ideally should be if it’s going to have any lasting appeal. Pure self-sufficiency in Nullsec. The remaining, missing components to the game primarily in HiSec. End of story. Sold. Done. Best of both worlds. MMO. Overwhelming amounts of game. Happy-time. Fun. At least 150,000 players logged in at all times. Finally opening up the EVE codex. Because EVE is the only work of fiction where the fiction in the game is actual fiction. And that’s more mind-blowing than any story of some homo stealing someone’s Platinum Magnate and Golden EVE AK-47 worth a trillion ISK from some Nullsec alliance and running off with it filthy rich.

CCP’s ultimatum. I concur. :joy:

Sorry Im not sure I follow what you mean.

The wierd thing is; to me Bethesda RPGs to me seemed the closest to an EvE experience with no actual roleplaying or interaction with other characters you could get in a single player experience.

But at the end of the day other players > npcs any day of the week in any given situation.

Best reply yet. Thanks!

I didn’t intend on it to be clear. I don’t have much energy for this any longer.

EVE Online’s codex. Basically, any work of fiction with an encyclopedic amount of fictional information has a codex, more or less. Star Wars is if i’m not mistaken the largest codex known to man. Dwarfing even Star Trek or anything else. There are characters, locations. Technology. Corporations that make that technology even. Anything and everything in the Star Wars universe has detail attached to it. Which is exactly why Star Wars has infinite potential in gaming. The codex is so open-ended it’s insanity.

But down to the point. EVE gives players little tid-bits and doesn’t actually let us interact and be a part of that codex. More to the point; the codex isn’t ALIVE. In the perfect ENVIRONMENT for it to be alive. Unarguably more than in any other way shape or form; a video game.

We hear about all of these things; the lore. We see the different races in-game. We see that they all have their own unique aesthetic. And yet we can’t take that in fully and be a part of it. Walking in stations for example would have been a great first venture into this. What better first thing to actually be a tangible part of in this codex than the stations we dock our ships in? From there, the options are many. We could actually interact with voiced NPCs. We could perhaps look at a holographic kiosk which allows us to browse each and every ship that can be piloted. Which then has a voiced information system that gives us a breakdown of the ship and all relevant information. Although these are just minuscule ideas i’m coming up with off the top of my head. But they all add to give a sense of immersion and bring the game world to life. One of the essential components i’m referring to - to any complete game. Oh yes. And i do have to mention that i’m not much of a believer in opinions when it comes to having a feel/eye for uniqueness. EVE has one of the most unique aesthetics overall of any work of Science Fiction ever done. And the ambiance/atmosphere is similar to that of something like Deep Space Nine. That dark, 90s SciFi feel. God DAMN i love it. And that’s saying a lot. “A lot” being an extreme understatement. Because there’s a lot of SciFi to be had out there. A lot of which can be quite cliche and cookie-cutter.

And talk about AWKWARD… :joy:

We have this WONDERFUL character creation system. But we’re… we… errr? Ummm… We actually (when it boils down to reality) aren’t making characters at all. We never get to be that character. We have a character creation system that is… TOTALLY. 100%:

-Excessive in its function.
-Serves no purpose despite being great in terms of functionality.
-Did i mention it serves no purpose?

The character creation system is a very painfully, painfully obvious half-constructed idea which has been lingering on since 2010. That’s the length of an entire console generation. That’s like looking at this:

Or this:

For 7 years.

The character creation system. Incarna. And the whole purpose of BEING the character you “create” (in this case) is like EVE Online’s Ryugyong Hotel.

Some material for the feels.

And another interesting piece showcasing massive amounts of “WTF” towards what goes on at CCP and their fetish for quitting.

1 Like

Actually I think its Battletech that has the most lore of a scifi franchise.

Anyway, I prefer to be able to interact with the characters and organisations, not read about what Urgrak the Red did 50 years ago which is why I need to collect 50 Death Blossoms.

I dont really care who the Emperor is or any of tgat rubbish. I need to know which Alliance controls the area Im hunting explorers in andcwho their friends and enemies are, maybe talk a diplo into opening or closing a door and generally interacting with people who are part of a narrative thats ongoing.

I dont engage with dry lore if theres no way to change the outcome or; scripted tasks are boring when Ive no investment in the alleged people involved.

It’s amazing to see so many apparently deranged, hateful folk rant about a game they refuse to stop playing. i wonder if that’s a mental illness of some sort. CCP really doesn’t need to care about the game, when people who rant about it stupidly keep staying anyway.

1 Like

It’s amazing to see so many apparently deranged, hateful folk rant about a game they refuse to stop playing.

It’s almost like they don’t have a choice because this is the only game of that kind on the market.

Well, at least now they can hate it for free. That’s a lot easier.

LOL
I have no idea this is even in the media, I just watch headlines so my Alibaba stocks don’t blow up as I am with them since 5 years !!!
Bitcoins? You have zero idea how this all works. Why the sudden explosive boom? Let me explain.
Some thinktanks and powerful people called each other and said “Hey, let’s get tons of bitcoins”, the Delaware guys (only tax haven that never gets any attention, guess what, not only because it is in the US, but because nobody messes with Rockefellers, Rothschilds, DuPonts, etc, no news here).
Those guys buy into it all.
What happened now? The simpleton, the cleaning maid, the janitor, the dog walker, the truck driver, all now hear about Bitcoins soaring, and all of them now want to catch “the last train wagon”. Problem is, they are not riding in a wagon, they are riding in a bubble.
When those rich guys get out of there (and they will), they will have made huge profits, while the janitor, the cleaning maid, the truck driver and dog walker, are the ones that inside the bubble when it pops.
This is exactly how Bitcoin is going to work, you got it the other way around.
No doubt are Bitcoins revolutionary and a big leap into what the future brings us, the concept and idea is perfect (no more middlemen, no more commissions etc, only two have a key, seller and buyer), BUT, soon, Bitcoin will detonate into a million pieces, because it is not controlled, heck, you cannot even proof INSIDER TRADING with it, a heaven and easy as hell way to make cash for some of the very rich and this is precisely what is going on.

The poor common folks that are investing into Bitcoins now. That is all I can say. And I was right about the Brazilian and Chinese market so far, well, because I do not only study those, but make parts of my money through them.

That is also all I gota say, won’t argue with it anymore, really. Enjoy as it lasts, because it will go down in one hell of a boom before it stabilizes in this already unpredictable and fragile world economy.

2 Likes

the reasons and justifications don’t change the reality of the situation, though. it’s still completely bonkers.

someone give me a tldr of that wall of text the nutjob above wrote. i ain’t gonna read it. poor, envious people are not worth my time.

/me lights up a hundred bucks bill. hmmm… warm…

the reasons and justifications don’t change the reality of the situation, though. it’s still completely bonkers.

What is? That people play a game and yet constantly complain about it?

How else would it work. If they didn’t play it, they would not experience any sort of “discomfort” from playing it, and therefore would have nothing to complain about.

For example, if I didn’t play EVE it wouldn’t bother me that CCP couldn’t even finish the ■■■■■■■ module tiericide in three years.

there’s a good chance many of them really aren’t playing it. a fascinating phenomenon.

Then that means they want to play it but all the ■■■■■■■■ is just too much. Most likely they played it in the past but quit and still hang around.

There’s a reason why we have bittervets and not bitternoobs.

It’s been mentioned, but feel free to point out the list of MMO’s 13+ years old that don’t have a declining population. Or even 8+ years old.

I’d be happy to advise CCP on how to actually attract, retain and grow their player base, but I suspect they have people on staff already who have ideas about that.

1 Like

Sounds like people in the military. If your men arent :white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square::white_medium_small_square:and moaning about something its not a good sign.:wink::laughing:

Now that Alpha players can fly battleships, when will CCP let Omega’s fly and build super caps in high-sec again? To the OP the numbers are dropping because the new generation of players do not want to invest time and potentially rl money into a game where 1 mistake costs you absolutely everything. Oh and CCP can you get rid of concord please its useless.

I don’t like a lot of people in EVE. I wish it would die faster.

1 Like

sorry, they did what?

That path they supposedly followed was not just their own, it was directed by players too, hence the CSM. Also to give you an example, you only need look at T2 BPO’s and the whimper’s of the masses of how it was unfairly done. This is a prime example of how the player base has directed CCP’s so called path. Also not to mention all the beta testing on sisi for forthcoming patches where players pointed out bugs and issues with parts of the patch changes which caused more favorable changes to be made.