Is Eve still circling the drain?

What’s the state of small gang PVP and is Eve worth getting back into after an amazing period of time without it? Asking for a friend, certainly not me, because Eve is trash. Thanks!

Eve was always about what you make of it. I’m in MInmatar FW as a member of the Ushra’Khan and there is a constant standing fleet and stuff to do. I found the solo game to be a pretty tough game to play. Small gang and blobbing is where it’s at.

3 Likes

It’s been dying since 2003.

11 Likes

Yeah buddy, dead crap. Can i have your stuff?

it’s only taken you six and a half years to reach that conclusion??

Smells like a trollpost.

I hope it dosen’t die. This is exactly my kind of game. I only wish that NullSec could be more balkanized, with maintainance of large coalitions almost impossible.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree, besides the occasional large-scale war and roaming blob fleets, it seems a more tame environment than people like to portray. The loudest voices will tell you it’s the final and best destination. What I hear from the people who experience it day-to-day is a different story. “Come to null-sec, the end-game of EVE, everyone here is blue!”

As far as the “death” of eve is concerned , it’s a long way off from that. People have been saying it’s going to die for years, every MMO out there has been “dying” since it launched. Although it is true that numbers aren’t as good as the 2010-2013 era. Here’s to hoping the trend rises in the future. The devs have a lot on their plate.

I’ve recently come back after a long break and have been enjoying the game a lot. None of my old friends or corp-mates are playing anymore, but I’ll hopefully make new ones.

ok nevermind, thanks! bye!

More bots than ever, ccp unfortunately has stopped being aggressive in banning bot users because the bot users represent a large portion of the dwindling player base. Trig invasion is nice content, especially since it made code look like the jokes they are, but it’s curtains drawn in front of a broken window.

Yes it’s circling the drain.

Read the latest devblogs about the Eve economy and CCP’s proposed “fixes” (and their dogged determination to take no feedback from either the CSM or playerbase in general) and decide for yourself.

The only feedback that matters is from the small number of addict level subscribers that form the bread and butter of their revenue.

1 Like

I heard Eve circles the drain the other way on the other side of the equator

I wholeheartedly agree, besides the occasional large-scale war and roaming blob fleets, it seems a more tame environment than people like to portray. The loudest voices will tell you it’s the final and best destination. What I hear from the people who experience it day-to-day is a different story. “Come to null-sec, the end-game of EVE, everyone here is blue!”

It’s seemed obvious to me for a long time that the ability to choose standings for other players and their corporations or alliances is causing this ridiculous blue blob. You can’t choose your standing with an NPC corp, you have to fight or assist them. Why isn’t that the same for PC corps?

If CCP forced people to choose their loyalties and stick with them instead of being able to hedge their bets with every neighbour they possibly can, there would be a LOT more opportunity for content. Alliance sizes would grow but I doubt any would reach the size of any of these blue standings behemoths.

1 Like

You mean all those people who quit years ago because CCP started catering to the lowest common denominator and instant gratification kiddos?

Instant gratification kiddos are all they cater too, hence their love of suicide bot fleets.

The amusing thing is that the gang that suicide ganked your Procurer are clearly not even multiboxers or regular suicide gankers. They appear to be a group of nullsec players out Provi with very positive security statuses, and not especially efficient suicide fits on their Catalyst fleet.

Maybe some Provi groups are getting ready to push into highsec and claim some territory for the upcoming ore changes? Is this gank foreshadowing things to come?

:thinking:

Sorry but when your corp is called “Auto Shrimp” has a blank description, no website, and is occupied by hundreds of generically named toons with blank pics and descriptions… yeah.

Unlike your corp, Free Galaxy Enterprises, with one member, no website, and an anti-Code description?

1 Like

Exactly, that tiny bit of effort shows i’m a human :slight_smile:

It does?