2018/05/05 - 23:00 - Unscheduled Downtime & Cluster Restart

Tranquility was rebooted at 23:00 due to a database issue that caused the DB to stop responding.

The issue began at around 22:50 and we are currently investigating the cause.

The cluster is now back online and accepting connections, and we are monitoring performance.

As always, please follow @EVE_Status on twitter for frequent updates and take a look at this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience these issues have caused.

3 Likes

UPDATES:

22:50 UTC - A DATABASE ISSUE WITH TQ HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED.
23:01 UTC - TQ HAS BEEN TAKEN OFFLINE DUE TO A DATABASE ISSUE.
23:08 UTC - TQ HAS BEEN REBOOTED AND IS BACK ONLINE IN VIP FOR TESTING.
23:11 UTC - TQ IS ONLINE AND ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS - MONITORING MODE.

!! WE ARE CURRENTLY MONITORING PERFORMANCE AFTER REBOOT !!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

“database issue” had to reverify my account, I’m intensely curious as to what happened- not in a bad way, I just like knowing

Thanks.

Happy capsuleer day Falcon. You can be an honorary Aussie today and go celebrate already with Larrikin.

Probably DDoS or exploit from the last DDoS attack. It’s not a coincidence that it’s ca. 1 week after the last DDoS…

i was having an error logging in and the i watch the pop. drop to like 8 players from 25000!

it seems the servers are reacting a tad slow? key commands are very sluggish to execute ingame whats the status of the servers?

1 Like

I was stuck in jump for 30 seconds…

1 Like

Yep, trying to do some PI and submit/deliver indy jobs was really laggy just now.

1 Like

Aren’t key commands always slow?

Looks like whatever was going on is back… got drones out that have been recalled to bay but aren’t going back in.

1 Like

The Microsoft arsenal is really potent.

I’ve just tried to drop my MTU only to met with an “All items are busy” dialogue box. So I recalled my drones, which took a good minute and now I can’t dock. It just says “docking permission accepted” and does nothing. My ship just sits there outside the station.

1 Like

Everything is unresponsive…

1 Like

just got kicked after 5 mins of slow down

incursion fleet is dcing. feels like a Ddos

Nothing working… got a fleet out and try stoping lasers, moving to orca and everything is down…

Weird, more than 28K ppl on.