[RESOLVED] - 2018/12/06 - Login Issues

What when there is permanent error message about some token in launcher?

Same here

i’ve restarted my pc and now the token error vanished… maybe it’s a way but now i’m in

I hear ya, when I read your reply I realized I’m not even on the right account right now so yay this won’t be in my history :frowning: I love a complete history…

Same here :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Hey guys, We know there‘s been some problem occured on login interface. We player all expect the problem will solved and we can play happily. WE TRUST YOU AND WILL PUSH YOU GUYS. Keep on going!

UPDATE:

14:00 UTC

Issues are now resolved, and all services are back to normal!

4 Likes

kuhuhuk

I woke up after this whole thing got resolved. Whew. Good work ccp. Don’t know how you know my sleep schedule, but it’s fine. I think all my neighbors spy on me too. I got the paranoia thing going on I guess.

1 Like

EVE has a chat server…hahahaha j/k

1 Like

This is unconnected.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: yay can login now

1 Like

Thanks for fixing it for us.
o/

Can’t log in today due to error refreshing token been fine last 2 days

I am not sure if this is a different issue but I am have been trying since morning and can’t connect to the servers. My network works as good as always only EVE has a problem, yesterday everything worked and haven’t made any changes since then.

The errors I get are :
Connection Failed
Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn’t running, or the server address or port number was wrong.

and if I try to reconnect I get this :
Unable to connect to tranquility.servers.eveonline.com on port 26000

It’s weekend and I can’t play eve :sob:

Login seems to be working fine now for me.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/471525/
Maybe firewall?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018/12/22 - Login Issues