2019/03/28 @ 14:00 UTC - Forum AMA With CCP Hellmar, CEO of CCP

The important question: Cat ears for our avatar* when? :dealwithitparrot:

(*Either for the titan or as character apparel… preferably both.)

Also a question based on Pearl Abyss’ Black Desert Online: jiggle physics when? :eyes:

1 Like

What did you mean with “Hold my beer?” :eyes:

Were you in the Aether Wars test? Did you get many kills? Can you share any ideas what AetherEngine technology can do for EVE? (I understood that no more TiDi at least, but is there anything else?)

As a big FPS game fan, how’s project Nova? Honestly I just want to know if it’s still being made.

Favorite pizza toppings?

1 Like

A couple of questions, if you please:

1. What is the status of the new killmail system? When do you think it will be deployed? (logi on killmails when?!)

2. Will we get a shield equivalent of the Triglavian Collective? Drifter ships with Overshield, perhaps? :wink:

Thanks for your time!
Fly Brave 7o

1 Like

Hi

Will Faction Warfare ever get some love / an overhaul, it was designed for Solo / Small Gang PvP but it is being treated as farming grounds because of the huge unbalance between T1 and T5.

Is Solo / Small Gang Pvp important, or is Eve heading in the 10 000 vs 10 000 direction only.

Thanks for this great game o7.

I think it is not bad to introduce paid repair of ships on all the citadels. It’s worth waiting?

1 Like

Is there any plan(s) to reduce the strain skill farms are having on PLEX supply .

Any plans for incentives for players who quit to return .

Any plans to reduce multiboxing and support team play more?

1 Like

Any plans to do a QoL pass on industry/contracting tools? All sorts of little issues that would be great to sort… Eg. Remote material requirements correctly applying facility/rig bonuses, more queueing (multiple slot queues?). Applying corp contract limit (500) to Alliance contracts (IE not skill based like public contracts), bulk/quick same contract deleting and creation.

Fcs make content. Industry and Logistics guys make sure you’re not all sitting in pods spamming up local. Help us out here!

WH already has a delayed local.

With the Korean localisation coming, and the opportunities for reaching new players though working with Pearl Abyss I am curious about the following things.

Can you tell us about the marketing plans / strategies for attracting new players?

Which opportunities have arisen due to working with Pearl Abyss? Are there synergies?

The Fleet finder function in the new agency looks very promising for getting new players engaged. What is the strategy for making it easier to find the social connection in eve?

Would it be possible to add escalations to the missions in your overview?

Fly safe Capsuleer o7

1 Like

Are any effords planed to fully flesh out some of the allready existing but neglected NPC factions / NPC 0.0 regions like Intaki Syndicate? Their much needed own ship line or, in case of the Intaki Syndicate and their “station lord” lore, some special versions of citadels? You have a whole faction of “station dwellers”, why not make use of it? The “Player forward operating bases” you presented at fanfest 2018 would be a good opportunity.

https://youtu.be/o1r4WWBkt_M?t=2027

Or will it be all about triglavians for the next year?

3 Likes

when and how you will change and fix the current Sov systhem?

a simple solution could be
-you can only hack with a capital ship ,and for a capital systhem you need a supercarrier or titan to do the job.

this can create fights and you go back a step to the days where risk vs reward was a thing.

Hi.
I would like to know when capital ships will be getting a visual remodel. Many of EVE’s capital ships have not been touched for the best part of a decade and while these ships are often the face of EVE online and some of the most iconic. They look dated.
Further to this, Could we not expand the ship skin program to more model varieties of current ships. Is there any issue with actually having 3-5 versions of a Moa? would it cause server issues or could it be handled like skins are?
It just seems crazy to me that it’s 2019 and everyone is (besides a paint job) flying the same looking Ishtar. From a role playing perspective can you really expect me to believe no ones attached a Mohawk of spikes to the revenant.

Low Sec - FACTION WARFARE
What is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Will there be a 2020 fanfest in Iceland and do you have a date you can share?

1 Like

For actual questions please look to question three, as questions one and two are in an RP-format.

Question 1: What is your opinion, as a baseliner, on the Triglavians and the news of their construction of these rather large structures within their region of space? Do you feel as though CONCORD should provide the public, or at least capsuleers, with the information that has been withheld?

Question 2: While the Sisters of EVE’s alpha clone has provided a new generation of capsuleers to New Eden, there are many within this generation that have been acting illegally inside and outside of empire space by augmenting clones with rogue drone technology. While CONCORD has apprehended some of these individuals, continued concern has been expressed by capsuleers on how these individuals are putting corporations as risk economically and putting the population of New Eden at risk to unknown harm resulting from these experiments.

Question 3: Ever since the partnership with Pearl Abyss, many have been skeptical about many aspects of EVE regarding its future. Are you able to provide any information as to how this partnership has helped CCP so far? Are you able to provide any information on plans in the future that will support EVE Online into 2020 and beyond which are due to the partnership with Pearl Abyss?

Question 4: When can I throw money at EVE: Echoes, because that should been seen to completion.

How goes project nova? Do we have an updated date for the alpha/beta test?

Have you started to see changes in new player retention numbers since the wardec changes?

1 Like

Hi CCP Hellmar, I want to say Thank you personnally to you for supporting me 9 years ago to permit to me playing EVE online when i have trouble to pay for it Because i’m in Tunisia and i havn’t any method of payement from my country.
9 Years passed and i still playing EvE thanks to your human vision and your listening to me without problems.
Thank You again and many thanks to all the CCP team who make a great work for more than 10 years.

4 Likes

How difficult would it be to create a corporate stock market - where corps could sell off their stock on the open market in exchange for stockholders receiving dividends from the tax rate? Would allow more players to be involved with the actions of large corps as well as introduce a neat speculation “minigame”.

1 Like

Will CCP ever give EVE Online support for more input devices (game controllers or button boxes)?

Does CCP Hellmar know that it’s today and was supposed to start 20 mins ago?