[RESOLVED] - 2019/08/02 - Chat System Issues

Hey guys,

We’ve experienced chat issues this evening, but services have been restarted and are now in the green again.

If you’re still experiencing issues with chat, please try logging out and in again to refresh your connection to the chat cluster.

If you continue to have issues, please file a support ticket at support.eveonline.com and the GM team will be happy to help!

• F
4 Likes

UPDATES:

18:00 UTC

We’re currently investigating issues with the chat system - more information when it becomes available.

18:30 UTC

Investigation is still ongoing - no further updates available at this time!

19:00 UTC

Chat systems have now been restarted and are in the green.

If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend that you log out, and log back in again to refresh your connection to the chat system.

1 Like

as tittle. and please send more free SP. thanks

1 Like

1690yeo
Yeeeooo
The 12th was last month though.

(Obscure cultural reference, first to get it wins 5m Isk)

2 Likes

Battle of The Boyne baybee.

Cough up!

2 Likes

On several logins today, chat (local/corp/English Help) was blank on login, and stayed blank for several minutes. Some logins it never showed up at all… the longest login was about 8 minutes to do the daily Skills and another combat site, chat stayed blank the whole time. As in, the tabs where there, but nothing in them.

Two other logins, chat popped up as normal, small delay (couple seconds) but about what it usually does.

Correctamundo!

2 Likes

Local chats filling in 0.0s, fleet chats failing. Fleet chat remaining after leaving fleet. CCP, you’re doing great!

1 Like

This is why everyone needs a Morty in their pocket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not having functional chat in an MMO is very bad for business.

5 Likes

It’s not like it’s going to be permanent or anything…

And anyways, lots of places in the game don’t have chat in them.

1 Like

People who shill excuses for chat being down in an MMO need to consider why they are playing an MMO to begin with. It is a fundamental aspect of the game, and is not fit for purpose without it.

3 Likes

Well I mean it’s a bug, that is likely getting fixed right now. As I said, it’s not like it’s going to always be broken.

Test your applications before you push it to production, CCP!

3 Likes

… nothing. Just stop.

You’re making yourself look very silly indeed.

If you can’t behave I’ll take your computer out of your room.

Now go and finish your chores.

3 Likes

I have a product that doesn’t work to sell you.

2 Likes

CCP (PA) promised that they will roll back the chat code to the old version but that never happened.

3 Likes

Its a big improvement in Jita though.

7 Likes

This is ridiculous!

2 Likes