Can Harvest Trick®

1. undock from a high sec station in 1.0
  2. warp away from the station to a mobile depot
  3. warp back to a selected container and scoop
  4. dock up in the station and reprocess the cans
  5. fill up immediate buy orders for Tritanium and Pyerite
2 Likes

If you are gonna waste isk reprocessing, at least get your standings up for that corp for free reprocessing

1 Like

Which part of this is the “trick”?

1 Like

This is low yield for sure but this is so neat about the Can Harvest Trick®:

New players that just came out of the character creation tool get woke by the board computer and they quickly warp to a station in their birth-system which often has these cans in their overview. Now they learn quickly how the warp at zero stuff works (you need to be at 150 km or something), they understand something about reprocessing, get acquainted with the market by selling the Tritanium and Pyerite and will reconsider when they want to start a corporation of their own that these cans are kinda lame to be pulling in new players or all the opposite: they learn that the trick is not for them, that they do like to make cheap ads for their corporation or learn that scooping the cans can be done with no penalties but shooting them will have Concord blasting them to bits. :blush:

last i checked, shooting a can does not get you concordokken… shooting MTU’s doesn’t either.

1 Like

check again…

ok, i was wrong… I thought you could…

1 Like

no, my friend. The Can Harvest Trick® won’t work if you are shooting the cans. Let me explain:
Can Harvest Trick®: warp > scoop > reprocess > sell :ok_hand:

This is such an incredible waste of time…

New players would be better helped by actually giving them advice on how to learn the game and make progress. Not gimmick some nonsense garbage “trick” that wastes their lives.

3 Likes

I never thought I’d ever say this, but mining is more fun and profitable than this… and pretty much anything is more fun and profitable than mining. Except this.

Also: @Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras I have confirmed that MDs and MTUs will give you suspect flag, but cans (anchored and unanchored) will give you criminal flag :thinking: :pen::spiral_notepad:

1 Like

What the f*** is this bullcrap OP. Please don’t spread stupid “tips” in the NCQA where new players come to genuinely learn.

3 Likes

Wow, aomeone found something more boring, tedious and less rewarding then mining. And is saying new players should do it.

Go Away

3 Likes

Let me explain the Can Harvest Trick® and why new players can benefit from using the trick:

What is the trick about?
It’s a very simple way to start to learn about how you can make money by being smart about the game. These cans are easily scooped with just a little effort and they are even easier turned from the reprocessing into those ores. You’ll have some cans which technically you didn’t steal because the can owner just uses these cans as a cheap way to promote his or her corporation.

Once you understand that just being a little smarter than your fellow capsuleer will have you have an advantage over them you can then get inspired to try to become very successful in the game.

People that are stuck in their ways often will tell you that whatever you want to try in the game is boring, stupid or simply wrong but they always have trouble explaining why they are so insecure with your new found ideas because they never saw that opportunity.

If you are a new player I challenge you to test the trick yourself and see if I am telling the truth or if I am full of something. Does it do what I say it does, get you cans then ore then isk? Is it a novel idea that you didn’t know was possible? Did you learn something new in this game which is always useful to know anyway? Did you know the cans could be scooped up without Concord (the EVE police) caring. Without the cans owner not knowing who took his cans unless he sees you scooping them.

I already disclaimed that the ISK that you get from them is minimal but maybe that is not the point of the trick. I hope this clarifies the Can Harvest Trick® which is a true trick to make money in EVE Online with zero skill, zero isk and just a little resourcefulness.

Your welcome. :blush:

1 Like

I love that creativity. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Being smart = having fun and making money at the same time

This is not fun.

This is not profitable.

This has no meaningful academic value. At least with mining you still learn warp mechanics and jetcanning and tractoring and have to learn how to avoid gankers, maybe learn how to stash your mining ship in a ship maintenance bay or swap it out for a combat ship to fight back.

This is less fun and profitable than mining, which had been, prior to your post, the lowest bar established for game content to date. Congratulations on finding a new “meta” lower than mining, and shame on you for promoting it - and in NCQA of all places.

Also: using a reserved sign doesn’t make it “cool” and “legit” or meaningful, it just makes it more pretentious and idiotic®.

It is creative, yes, and very amusing. This post would have been well received if it was presented as a lolwhatif post. However… what is utterly moronic is thinking this is good gameplay and what is reprehensible is promoting this to new players.

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode please close this thread, OP is deliberately spreading ignorance to newbies and is teaching them how to hate the game with unfun and unprofitable gameplay orders of magnitude beneath mining. At the barest of minimums, please relocate this out of NCQA over to General Discussion where OP can continued to be shredded for his stupidity without poisoning the New Player Experience of newly emerged capsuleers.

2 Likes

That was not my intent at all. If you have a problem with my Can Harvest Trick® please feel free to ignore it’s potential. But I hope I have helped some new players at least consider the trick because I surely had a lot of fun with it, I also was kinda proud actually discovering it and therefor I gave it a ® because I felt it was cool. :blush:

To sandbox or not to sandbox?

I hope you mean the idea not the poster.

2 Likes

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting