Question about my reprocessing skills and possible venture

I am thinking about returning to EVE. I never really got into mining / industry but I want to be a little more “laid back” this time around. The last time I played I was training to set up my own mining operation but I was thinking about only activating one of my accounts for now.

I have a character with very good refining skills:

• Reprocessing 5
  • Reprocessing Efficiency 5
  • Scrapmetal Processing 5
  • Ice Processing 5
  • Arkonor, Bistot, Crokite, Kernite, Mercoxit, Plagioclase, Pyroxeres, Scordite, Veldspar Processing 5
  • Dark Ochre, Gneiss, Hedbergite, Hemorphite, Jaspet, Omber, Spodumain Processing 4

Are these level of skills at all unique? Do you guys think I could set up some sort of reprocessing service if I could find a way to gain trust?

I was thinking about buying the best refining implant and offering to refine for people for a small percentage of the minerals recovered. I thought I could give some amount of collateral in the beginning to gain trust.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

One working model in place now is to do it the other way around. Get others to mine and then offer them a good buyback - usually 90% of Jita - to encourage them to sell to you. You then use your near perfect skills to give you better margins than they could achieve themselves.

Location would be in a 0.5 system. Moons in 0.5 can now provide every one of the minerals you have skills for, except mercoxit. If you have the isk, set up your own high sec moon mining - about 1.2 bil for athanor and drill rig - to provide raw material. But still offer to buy ore from anywhere.

2 Likes

That type of service really isn’t necessary these days as it was in the past. Everyone and their dog has a citadel now, along with reprocessing rigs. And Freeport citadels offer the reprocessing service for free or a minimal fee…

1 Like

Thanks. My skills will still make my reprocessing better even at a Citadel right? They aren’t completely useless I hope lol.

Using a Citadel will yield you the same as a NPC Station, however with a structure you can avoid the long standing grind and also encourage others to use your services (if you allow public access) with a low (reprocessing) tax. My suggestion would be to use a Refinery (possibly with T1 rig)

with Standing grind, I mean, to achieve the 0% tax mark.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.