3/17/22 - Singularity Updated - Rorqual Conduit Jump

imagine you are killing a venture in a cap then suddenly 5 rorqs jump in and tackled you

Is this really a concern? Orca can only take indy ships in it’s ship bay. Most of it’s cargo is an ore hold that can’t be used by anything beyond ore. I can think of a lot of situations you would want to move an orca with a rorqual, and none of them have to do with material transport.

Orca can take any ship that’ll fit, rorqual is the one that has indy only restriction. Source, the battlecruiser I occassionally shove into mine to move around

Ahh you’re right. Regardless I don’t see it being a huge force multiplier.

The larger concern logistically, probably, is cargofit Orcas can carry some pretty notable cargo volume to boot, alondside compression
 that’s significant

2 Likes

So the Industrial Jump Portal Generator can’t jump the ships literally named ‘Industrials’? Maybe it should be the ‘Harvesting Jump Portal Generator’? :wink:

2 Likes

Locust Jump Portal Generator

2 Likes

Changing the name of the JPG and the Cyno are both under consideration. Very likely for the JPG, quite possible for the Cyno.

It’s also starting to feel like “Industrial” has long been an unfortunate name for EVE’s light cargo carriers as a holdover from ancient times.

We’ll see though.

DZ

5 Likes

Totally agree. ‘Freigher’ is already taken, but ‘Light Freighter’ or ‘Cargo Ship’ are available.

While you guys are considering it, btw, can we clean up ‘Logistics’ ships, too? After all, the true ‘logistics’ is provided by
 freighters. The T2 versions of ‘support cruisers’ (and analogous frigates) are more ‘Engineering’ Cruisers/Frigates, or ‘Tender’ Cruiser/Frigates.

5 Likes

I’m agreeing with Arrendis, goddamn
 but THIS ^^^^^

It is never a good day when you have to agree with Arrendis

1 Like

@CCP_Aurora I notice there is no more skill points reward after 30 day login on Singularity. Is this suppose to go live on Tranquility as well with that patch? I have mixed feeling, but ultimately, it could be a relief for the altaholic that I am to drop all my alts and focus on my main. Thanks I guess.

1 Like

You can still buy the skill points.

I’m not sure what the plans are for them, but I wouldn’t rely on Singularity as a total guide for features such as that.

1 Like

Not addicted to that point. If they can also remove the skilling spree, I’ll definitely put them to rest and I’ll enjoy taking long walks again. I was about to sub my 3 “empire alts” (besides my Caldari main) when scarcity 2.0 hit in december with that useless, stupid and overcomplicated for no good reason waste mecanic. Saved me 45$ per month. Again, mixed feeling about this, but that would be good (for me, at least).

The amount of skill points that they “give away” is such a pittance that you shouldn’t feel so compelled to redeem them.

Daily Alpha Injectors are pittance as well then (never bought them, never will (I’m done grinding))

I’m loving these changes, and look forward to them going live.

I do wish Rorqs can bridge freighters and industrials as well, not just mining ships.

1. On the issue of non-core’d rorqs simply conduit jumping mining fleets to safety out of a belt :

Simply add the act of mining to give a yellow timer (non-capsuler log off timer) and add the conduit restriction to not allow to bridge/conduit pilots with a red or yellow timer.

1. On the issue of “combat rorquals” :
    Combat Rorqs are already a thing for years now along side “tackle rorquals” able to pin down supers and titans. This is not a problem, in fact it should be encouraged not stifled.

A combat rorqual isn’t overpowered for what it brings to the table be it’s high cost.
DPS : 1.1-1.4k depending on drones
Logi repping : As good as 2-3 x T2 cruisers or a Nestor.
Around 1.5-4mill EHP depending on fit (+ PANIC if in an Ore field)

If someone wants to risk a hull+ fit costing atleast 5-7b for these benefits, I say let them. It’s worth the trade off for a potential Rorq kill mail.

I for one can’t wait to see more rorqs being “risked” in actual combat instead of being brick piñata’s in a Ore field.

To that extent , I’d like to have the “industrial ships only” option removed so we have the option of storing combat ships into the Rorq. Perhaps if a 10LY range for this is too large, shorten it to 5LY or even 2.5LY if non-indy ships are in the ship maintenance bay. The whole point is to have more engaging content for both hunters and miners.

I’d love to see gameplay where an offensive Rorq jumps in with up to 30 pilots and swap into whatever combat ships they bring to engage their targets, or non-afk miners or bait miners swapping into combat ships when they get dropped on.

Opens up “new” Content across the board for everyone involved.

i am sure u already know but sorry for point again but since the black out ccp has just stop creating pve content and just dedicate his lazy ass to “inprove” pvp content

i use the word improve but i mean to say:

make more easy for those 3 solo roamers get a easy kills because is “fun”

regarles of the pve players opinion ccp will stil actively try to make things harder for the pve
sorry again for use the word pve because i ment to said SOLO pve players this not afect the multibox/bots players

i like the idea of panic jump but knowing ccp this problably gona cost more than the rorquald or gona be extremely buged XD

doing pve? in a pvp universe? i belive this was at some point sandbox game

yeah i belive there should be a balance too but sadly there are 3 dam years of no content who prove there is not balance

dont worry knowing ccp this mod will problably too expensive to build or to bad to be efective in the 99% of the cases
i am loking at u “cloack jammer”