3 March 2020 - Unplanned extended downtime

UDPDATE: Tranquility is now back online and accepting connections. Thank you for your patience! Please enjoy your internet spaceships.

We have had to make an unplanned extension to daily downtime while we roll out today’s deployment. Apologies for the inconvenience but we hope to have Tranquility back online and accepting connections soon!

13 Likes

Thanks for this, I was just about to ask how much isk/$s so I can get the VIP treatment! :smiley:

VIP

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

grafik

:red_circle: 13.2k now. With all these VIPs you wonder why the client is still in such a bad shape. 13k VIP testers should eradicate all bugs in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Reeeee I hate being in AUTZ some days. Time to go play Kingdom of Loathing while I wait.

1 Like

can someone explain the VIP concept ?

3 Likes

:red_circle: What does it have to do with AUTZ? I am not on your toxic island nation and I cannot use the client either.

1 Like

Hmm I suppose u have to go to bed with someone… to obtain VIP status

CCP = VIP

So VIP mode allows devs to connect, but not regular players.

So the numers being shown in VIP mode look strange as it is normally less than 10.

2 Likes

No silly, it mean the server is in VIP mode but hasn’t updated the current player count yet.
Probably because it has other things to do.

1 Like

You mean to say that over 14,000 VIP’s do not exists? :frowning: lol

:red_circle: It has updated the player count at least 4 times. It started after the normal DT with 13k, went down to 4k, back up to 7k, then 12k, then 13k and now 14k.

3 Likes

Might be some of the botters bought VIP status and are testing their new trader bots right now

5 Likes

Actually, given the numbers have changed on the launcher multiple times since downtime, I suspect they may be using some kind of connection multiplying software to test server stability under load.

1 Like

the red dot flayer virus has attacked eve .

1 Like

Aww not at all, I think it is the last value the launcher got before it stopped getting an updated current count.
So the value may differ a lot for any of us. The launcher has to wait for a correct current value or player count but hasn’t received any yet.

Yes but it the server is still stuck in a non-live mode. We can only assume the current player count to be accurate when the green light goes on.

1 Like

1 Like

Patch notes before the patch? What do you think this is? 2016?

7 Likes

Sorry - to clarify, the only things that were deployed today were internal and nothing that would affect player experience.

4 Likes

It’s not like it was a massive delay, frankly you could just have gone “yup, it’s update Tuesday. Deal with it”.

2 Likes

What does today’s deployment include? Any dev-blog, any post? Anything on it?