64-bit Mac Client, Wine, and YOU

for those interested, i was able to restore old keybinds by adding a few lines to WINE’s configuration file - “Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wine/settings.reg

note: EVE Launcher will undo our modifications every time WINE is updated (refresh or upgrade)

open Terminal application and paste the following commands; i only remapped left Option key to ALT, and left Command to CTRL; if you want to remap right Option/Command keys, take a look at WineHQ’s website (link bellow)

echo '"LeftOptionIsAlt"="y"' >> "Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wine/settings.reg"
echo '"LeftCommandIsCtrl"="y"' >> "Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wine/settings.reg"
chmod a-w "Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wine/settings.reg"

CMD-H & CMD-Click shortcuts don’t work for me, but i don’t miss them too much
Update: this workaround doesn’t work on macOS Catalina; if / when i have time i might investigate why

for the record, this workaround was inspired by one of the answers in WineHQ’s MacOS FAQ.

1 Like