8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

EVE needs new people like me to turn more of a profit. people that make comments like yours cause a game to be stagnant. that’s why half of the projected player base belong to the same people (alts) there’s no profit in an alt unless both are subbed.

looking around that does not seem to be the case. so it would benefit everyone if EVE were my game because more profits could lead to more content and updates. (you can afford to pay more staff).

1 Like

People like you will never pay CCP, so you are just dead weight. You demand that the game be made crappier so that you will deign to log in. Then you get bored and move on to another game anyway.

3 Likes

no i can’t because really i was just trying to get a feel for getting back into the game. granted it’s been 6 or 7 years since i last played. all i remember was it was a huge investment in time (had to quit because i started a family) so short answer is no i can’t . i’m on the fence but i keep reading horror stories. i get PVP, i get you can’t live in a protective bubble. but toxic griefing does not appeal to most people especially when it costs $15/mo.

No. EVE needs less players like you and more players who have a spine and backbone necessary to adapt and improve their gameplay. Instead of garbage that comes to the forums crying because they can’t be lazy anymore.

Good thing is that “toxic griefing” is actually policed by CCP. If someone is actively griefing you, report them to CCP and they’ll get banned.

Of course, that depends on what you think is “griefing”. Ganking your afk mining ship in highsec while you were watching something on Youtube is not griefing. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

quite the contrary… paid for a while but had to quit for other reasons. but ok. there must be some truth to what i’m saying. numbers are going down…not up. anyway sorry i ruffled your feathers. i’ll leave the topic alone now.

1 Like

Wrong.

But please, do tell us how your feelings are more true than facts.

CCP has finally started pulling their head out of their ass and started making positive changes. And the community is seeing their efforts finally pay off. More people are coming in and sticking around longer. Those are type people we need. Not garbage like you.

how many are alts and bots?

1 Like

no need for a personal attack. like i said i came looking to rejoin…if changes have been made to make the game better just point that out and me in the right direction. i have no problem admitting if i was wrong. calling me names is just immature especially when you know nothing about me other than an uniformed opinion i have ( if that) at best.

1 Like

Not as many as you think. The overwhelming majority of players only have 1 account.

Also not as many as you think.

Bots have been consistently down and CCP’s tracking has shown that there are less players that exhibit bot-like behavioral patterns and more unique players engaging with the game.

Oh, and here’s another video:

But please, show me your evidence that proves:

This claim. Because quite frankly, I think it’s absolute BS.

thats where i read it granted its about a year old. but info from the forums and such is all i have to go by.

Oh, so your “source” is a bunch of randoms on a forum?
Very reputable and trustworthy “source”, there, friendo.

look i’m not an investigative reporter. i’m just trying to find out if a game i enjoyed years ago is worth a retry. fair enough?

just like the info you are providing is reputable and trustworthy…on this forum.

If it were only that, sure. But it’s not. You came in here and started spewing objective WRONG statements.

All this kind of junk.

So you’re telling me:
EVE Offline, which just records the player online count for the various EVE Services and keeps a record of it.
https://eve-offline.net/

And CCP’s own PULSE videos.

Are equally trustworthy as some kids talking on the forums?

Are you telling me EVE doesn’t need more paying players to make a profit?

Are you saying people have not complained about being griefed repeatedly while playing?

look i’m not the enemy and i’m sure while you may not like my post. it wasn’t meant to offend you personally. so really chillax.

thank you for the video. it helped alleviate some of my concerns

Eve doesn’t have “griefing” - it is what sets it apart from all of the other MMOs. Ganking people is considered legitimate gameplay. Same with scams. We like it this way.

People (like you) come on the forums ALL THE TIME to demand that Eve be dumbed down and made more friendly - just like every other MMO. We react negatively because if we wanted farmville-in-space we wouldn’t be playing Eve. We feel a need to defend Eve from the decay of social progress that will eventually erode it and make in non-viable.

I have never been camped inside of a station, except briefly in nullsec.

You cannot make a 100% safe part of Eve because it has a working player economy. If you made a safe area then people would just farm all their money there.

2 Likes

No. I’m saying they don’t need garbage players like you who are wrong and whine because they base their feelings off wrong information.

No. I’m saying griefing is thing that CCP actually takes VERY seriously. In fact, they have a support page specifically against Griefing (newbies). https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203209712-Rookie-Griefing

Other than that, there is no such thing as “griefing” in EVE Online. This is why I said at the beginning, it depends on what you define as “griefing”. People have complained a lot, yeah, but that’s because they were bad players who didn’t realize that the thing they were complaining about was NOT griefing.

In legitimate cases of griefing, CCP will take action.
Someone blowing up your ship is NOT griefing.

1 Like

well i hope you feel bigger and better by calling me garbage. and guess what whether you feel the game needs me and the people that cash the checks for the company think so are two different things. now i will continue to decide if my hard earned garbage dollars will be spent on EVE. and hope i suffer no further attacks as result of my forum post. :astonished:

1 Like

Your first words. Whiny, mocking, and negative. Do you really think anyone will support you over here?
On the other hand: Calling anyone “garbage” is just wrong, very true.

But please cope with the rules, and learn how to play EVE, or play another game instead of complaining here how it should be for you to like it - you have obviously no idea about non combat PvP, and no idea how your suggested changes would change the entire gameplay.

And by the way: Each Alt playing parallely is a paying subscription. CCP really likes players who pay more than one sub, that’s for sure.

So start to learn how to lose with grace and dignity, and you win EVE.