. 9 rats

Hi not long back to the game after a longtime away. I was mining in a. 9 generally quiet happy when along came 3 blood raiders in punishers that started to lay waste to me so I warped out for my coercer thinking this would sort them out. Back I went and again they were taking me apart at speed. I warped out repped up and went for a look at 100km they started in toward me then one seemed to jump right in to around 15km. I had heard this sort of stuff in a. 5 and below but in a. 9. Is this new

2 Likes

There is a forward operating base (aka FOB) in your system. You can mine safely next door until it is destroyed or despawns. There are also Triglavian recon fleets that are much faster and more powerful than you’re used to. The basic idea is to punish AFK gameplay - they don’t tackle (at least not yet) so you can get away if you’re alert.

2 Likes

Did they have :diamonds: symbol before their names? If so then they are F.O.B. rats and have stats equal to “all 5” player with ship fully outfitted with T2 and faction mods. Pirate FOBs can spawn in any HS/LS system.

You were lucky you have encountered their scouts because they have no tackle. Had you attacked their mining fleet - you would have to deal with response fleet complete with logis and tackle.

1 Like

I have seen the trig Lancer they don’t seek to bother much looks like I need a new place to mine for a while lol

1 Like

Yes I think they did have this. Will they mine all the belts in a system. I guess I need a new mining backwater for a while

1 Like

they will be active in that system until FOB is destroyed. And even if there is no FOB in the system - there are still NPC corporations’ mining fleets (also prefixed with a diamond) that will mine all the belts.

Have fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.