A coming back in question (since 2015)

I played for a few months in the middle of 2015. I did a lot of mining and a little PVE missions. Never really got to a point of doing any PVP. Joined a small corp.

Just got some Omega time and started some new training. The corp and the alliance that it was in seem to have been war-dec’ed out of existence. I just read on here that Hi-sec mining is dead.

?'s…
I assume I should quit the corp before I undock. Not sure how to find a new one?

What are the best occupations/activities around now?

Highsec mining is alive and well. All the options we had in 2015 are still available and there are new options like moon mining in 0.5 systems and new ores in the Triglavian invasion systems. I’ve also been seeing a lot more ore anomalies in highsec with lowsec ores than I remember from the past.

The recruitment section of the forums is a good place to look for a new home. You can right click your character and leave the corp you’re in at any time.

Welcome back!

If you worry about war-decs: you can check that in the war-tab in the corp-info. And there should be a little symbol of two swords crossing in the top left in case there is an active war.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I had read the how to find a Corp link. Lots of info to digest.

One thing I’m wondering: since it’s been a while and my memory isn’t great (traumatic brain injury), should I use an open character slot and go through the initial part of the game again to refresh my foggy grey cells.

imo, yes

I agree. The tutorial is helpful and very quick.

like… everything…

for real most of the activities in this game are fun! i love the pvp, the pve is nice and also the mining/crafting and trading is fun and everything is much more fun if u play together with ur friends or in a big corp!

eve is like the last real mmorpg we have these days! most other mmos seems like very boring and easy dumbdown carebear, also most of these games use sharding…. which should be banned from any true online game! cmon blizzard gonna add sharding to wow classic… the biggest fail in mmos history lol

eve is just awesome! :slight_smile:

edit: also i agree the tutorial is very helpfull&fun and gives u alooot of money to start with! its abit too easy for my taste(back in the day u had to really earn ur stuff in mmos) but for todays gamer generation it should be ok :stuck_out_tongue:

The final answer is…No…Panda’s are not allowed to play Eve Oneline.

My “main” from previous has a 100k Isk bounty. I’m guessing it’s from the should the Corp went through while I was gone. How should I handle that? Never had a bounty on me before. Don’t want to loose an expensive mining ship over a small bounty like that. Is that likely?

Ignore it.

Bounty system is terribly broken and bounties are essentially meaningless.

If your ship gets destroyed 20% of the value of only the hull is taken from your bounty. Unlikely 100k bounty is enticing to anyone who could destroy a decently-tanked mining ship. Your ship may very well get popped, but it is unlikely to be because of a bounty.

Sometimes people put the minimum bounty (100k) on new players just to see if they’ll freak out. Sometimes people put the minimum bounty on someone just to “subscribe” to their killmail to try and glean intel.

One thing I’m wondering: since it’s been a while and my memory isn’t great (traumatic brain injury), should I use an open character slot and go through the initial part of the game again to refresh my foggy grey cells.

I just returned (since 2011) and did something along these lines, though instead of creating a new character I just went through the tutorials with my old main. Tutorial missions, the 5 career agents, and the Sister’s Epic arc. Good refresher and gave me time to ponder what I was going to do next. Granted not enough time since I still haven’t decided, but that is me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.