A feature to identify alts in your corp

It would be nice to be able to see at a glance who’s alt belongs to who. Something simple like you glance at local and see a yellow box (or something) around the green corp icon of alt characters. Hover over it and it shows who their main is.

This would only show for your corp or maybe alliance? It would be optional unless the corp requires it on.

Thoughts?

API check.

Beyond API check and applying titles to declared alts, ■■■■ no.

We’re born schizofrenic for good reasons in New Eden. It’s a petri dish of behavioural psychology, with everything that follows from that.

3 Likes

Spies, corp infiltration? No?

no, bad idea. besides how would you know which is the main which was the alt?

m

2 Likes

Plus… What I define as my main may be in a separate corp for a variety of reasons (like my hauler is my main but in an npc corp) and at most my best mining alt or Indy alt is in your corp. Or my main is in a separate PvP corp and my money making mission alt is in yours. To you it may seem like a main too but to me it’s not.

Honestly, the titles and adding personal contacts with notes are you best option. With personal contacts, you can always edit the standing but save the note for later too. Know who owns an alt can be helpful at a later date.

Why do you need this?

The documentation for both CREST and XML API’s state the following: This API is deprecated and will be shut down May 8th, 2018 or earlier if metrics signal a trivial level of usage. ESI does not expose this information and we’ve been told this is intentional.

^ It does seem that way. From what I’ve noticed so far setting up a bunch of SSO profiles the ESI system is on a per character basis, not per account. As in i had to set up separate SSO profiles for each character on the same account.

It is my understanding that the only way someone knows my characters are alts is because i told them, by way of linking my characters together on my coalition services account.

Define “Main” and “Alt”, please.

–The Many Faces of Gadget

2 Likes

A character with no kills, no deaths and an ISK scamming bio? Yep, definitely someone to take seriously.

Am I an alt?

1 Like

@discobot fortune

Is Lulu an alt?

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: Outlook not so good

1 Like

this idea is just as useful for finding spies and awoxers as the api check is. zero.

Still got my alpha with a different email address. If someone needs an alt, that may be an easy way.
I don’t think there’s a proper way to identify them, either. Perhaps just asking that guy? Sometimes trust is an underrated power.

1 Like

I find that the best way to ascertain whose alt is whose is to press push-to-talk and ask ‘who the f**k is [insert name here]’.

2 Likes

You can also write notes on the note tab on someone’s “show info”, this does not require you to set standings.

1 Like

This is a pointless suggestion, if alts in this game need anything, it is a collective wallet through a family ties sort of mechanic, to simplify alt wallet management, that’s all though.

This feature is called googledocs and works perfectly as long as recruiters do their job (check api’s, ask questions, fill the doc properly).
You also DONT want line members to know who’s who’s alt. If you want to know, I assume you are a (bad) spy.

This game is too alty