A Game of POCOs in Amarr lowsec, ft. Domain Research & Docking Inst

Story time!
My corp, after leaving CO2 (that’s a whoooole nother can of worms), decided to settle into a nice little lowsec system in Domain. It is our ancestral home, we’ve lived there on and off several times and we all have a bunch of assets there.

As you do, we started to take some (inactive) POCOs and get the lay of the land! Very quickly, it became clear that Domain Research & Mining Inst. (DR&M from now on) is one of the top dogs around here.

By top dogs I mean: they drop blops / caps on everything that moves, dozens of (cyno) altcorps, with a specialty of killing stuff on the Arton undock. Subcap usage limited to HICs/covert cynos. Very high ISK efficiency, highly risk averse. They seem tightly connected to Purple Helmeted Warriors and Honorable Third Party.

The triggering
Just as the last POCO came of of RF, DR&M came to shoot it as well! In a Gnosis… that’s not bait, right?
We quickly dropped a cyno inhibitor on it to prevent more of this madness, and pop it went.

Apparently dropping this inhib triggered the DR&M eyes in local so much, that he started ranting about “re-taking the pocos” and “there’s nothing you’ll be able to do!!!” (I may be paraphrasing) Later that night, out of our TZ, they reinforced every single one of our POCOs with a mix of carriers and one or two supers.

They mailed us, demanding 20b to “leave Aldali in peace”. Lol.

Reinforcement comes out
We batphoned our friends, fully expecting DR&M to drop carriers/dreads/supers on our subcap Salt-fleet. It would either be a glorious whelp (t1 BS insurance is alright), blueballs or even a victory on our end (lol no way).

As of writing this, my balls are still recovering to some shade of purple, coming from a deep, deep blue.
Apparently our 46-man subcap fleet was too much to handle for these big boys! Smacktalk was had in local (“supers logging in now, wait” and “just wait til next rf”) - local was the best content we had all night. It must be so frustrating to not be able to hit that “I Win” button every time huh, guys?

Good “fight”, you will now probably RF them again with more caps and perhaps even kill them with more caps and supers. Just hit us up if you still want to bring that subcap fight :slight_smile:

It’s a Game of POCOs

5 Likes

5/10. Needed more dragons

2 Likes

This better? should be close enough…

3 Likes

I’ll pay that

2 Likes

Sorry, but our lord and master “littlest finger” has decreed you shall have no fun.

I wish I could help but I don’t own any subcaps. Besides 46 people seems like a lot. There are only 2 or 3 of us in domain research and mining and all we do is crush the rocks - hence the name domain research and mining. I can’t wait until this new hs mining incursion comes out! More rock crushing for me :rofl:

2 Likes

Who is me all I do is mine the shiny rocks and make tinker toys out of… I think you should call AT&T and get yer batphone checked… since you seem to know so much about us I enjoy cooking, redheads with low IQs and nice personalities, and hotdropping hotpockets of BLOPSwiches on unsuspecting nublins. I also can see the future through my crystal ball and I see and many dragoon wrecks and tears of salty goodness. Thank you come again! :joy: Here is a :birthday: to make you feel better cause who does not like cake???

oops woe is me I crunt speeell I ist smrt… derp

I wish I could help but I don’t own any subcaps. Besides 46 people seems like a lot. There are only 2 or 3 of us in domain research and mining and all we do is crush the rocks - hence the name domain research and mining. I can’t wait until this new hs mining incursion comes out! More rock crushing for me :rofl:

But… Poor Red/Black Frog never asked to be Rocks you know :frowning:

From their “base” in Faspera, PHEW are within cyno range of Arton - so when you engage DR&M in Arton, you’re also engaging PHEW.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.