A letter from me, to CCP

I wouldn’t call PLEX pay to win, sure it’s a shortcut to various things; but it often ends in tears when it all goes tits up because the player in question had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

The same goes for skill injectors and the character bazaar, SP without knowledge != win.

5 Likes

I would because player in question doesn’t have to be new and inexperienced that created new char even that “local idiot” described by you can be guided how to titan under right ppl a thing hi could never do if hi didn’t straight up buy his way to the top.

Hi opened all doors hi wanted experience will flow in time as well not a rocket science after all.

1 Like

Skill injectors suck, but i wouldn’t call them p2w. You don’t get access to anything you couldn’t already.

And in any given fight, the ship you’re flying only uses so many sp’s at once.

1 Like

First we gotta find a concensus of what entails a win in these games

2 Likes

The correct term is; pay 2 win most of the times

In WOT you have 2 methods, superior tanks exclusively for sale, and a ‘free’ superior ammo subscription
both will do the same, increase your scores and win more

I don’t really see how it would be different in EVE

I assume you meant the duel/blob ■■■■, in which case, not a straw man argument. I assume you don’t disagree that a player’s individual contribution becomes less important in a blob.

The case where the “P2W” argument on SP is strongest is when the individual player’s contribution to the fight is the highest (and thus injecting that 20 day train for an extra 3% whatever helps subjectively more). If anything it’s the most cherry-picked circumstance available to the P2W crowd. But far from a straw man argument.

I’m not sure if you’re talking about Eve adding “premium” hulls, or how it’s different from being able to buy the existing hulls.

• If you meant premium hulls, they’ve not indicated anything of the sort is in the works. To speculate would be nothing but silly.
  • If you meant the existing hulls, I really do hope you can see the difference between two people flying the same hull, and one person flying a buffed hull.

How U Win EvE??

–Winning Gadget

3 Likes

Please see my earlier post. SP without knowledge does not equal win has nothing whatsoever to do with 99% of the PVP in this game.

The only knowledge you need is a few days to understand what your FC is calling and you have already passed what many 10 year vets don’t get. SP is everything and “knowledge” is nothing in this game in the age of the blob.

Maybe in a year or two when duels are the only allowable PVP will that be true.

2 Likes

No. What I meant is you creating a response to a non existent statement. Nowhere did I mention P2W. I quoted and responded to a specific fallacy I see perpetuated by people who claim to understand how PVP works in this game.

Let’s say “win against” in that case.

Not very uncommon situation:

3 week old noob gets his frigate violated in lowsec and hears about cheat stix and super dupers.
3 week old noob buy cheat stix and super duper, joins goons.

3 week old noob now baits prey in lowsec and presses the “I need no skill button”, cyno up.
Super duper cynos in and violates the offender and his 12 man gank buddies, cynos back to delve.

Make explain how you “not win” against 12 subcaps in your super duper?

And yet, it remains true. I stated that a character who injects to 80m SP will be just as likely to die to a skilled pilot with 20-30m SP. This is not a fallacy because it is quite plainly true. They can and will still die to a pilot with less SP.

That said, it sounds like you don’t think 1v1 happens often.

We generally have the following engagement scenarios:

• 1v1, not common but they certainly happen. Perfect example for this would be a solo dude in FW.
  • Micro/Small gang, pretty common. Again, it’s highly likely for a pilot to end up fighitng another pilot 1 on 1 away from the rest of their gang. Maybe they’re the tackle?
  • Large gang, also common. Scouts, dics/hics, cepters, they can all end up away from their gang depending on FC orders. Just the other day we had a dude break off in a retribution roam to go kill a slicer that ■■■■■■ up and gave the retribution a warp-in by being in-line with the gate. It was 1v1, in spite of the 70 other dudes in fleet with him.

So… what part of what I said was false?

There are clear and easy examples of 1v1, if that’s what you fixated on. I clearly said that a high sp pilot can die to a low sp pilot, and that’s not magically false because the low sp pilot is in a gang.

I didn’t realize that supers were paywalled. Silly me… I should report every super pilot in Eve for exploiting. They got hulls they were supposed to pay for with cash, that they clearly couldn’t have gotten because they aren’t actually sold.

The ability to sit in it faster removes the timegate. It doesn’t enable something that you couldn’t do without paying. There was no shortage of pilots in the bazaar that could fly supers before injectors were a thing, if you didn’t want to wait.

Which player runs the Goons? Did he pay to win? Can a player use skill injection to help deal information or broker agreements between player factions? None of the most influential players in the game are a result of injectors. Cash can buy isk, skills and skins. Not time logged on, and not real people skills.

1 Like

All of it.

:man_shrugging: Feel free to actually justify your position. I’ve justified mine, if you can’t refute it then perhaps you should just admit you’re wrong.

1 Like

You fleetmates do the killing, not you. You a just a cog in the machine. Seriously? you buy injectors to RP a bait?

Not even close.

Keep flying into the fight. Everything else is losing

1 Like

Yeah how much player skill is really needed to follow FC instructions? Bonafide alts. SP purchases are definitely pay to win. Especially in the grand scheme of things where one alt/player in a super being micromanaged is worth countless real players in subcaps. The poor uninject their alts so they can use them for scouts etc without plexing. The rich buy said sp and make more and more capital pilots.

Things have changed. If you have one rorq mining till he gets two, then two mine and only half the time is required for the third, then the three take even less time to get the fourth. The only thing that used to stop this infinite cycle was SP being limited. Now the only thing that stops someone from doing that is their PCs capacity to run X alts or losing the will to keep repeating the cycle. The average live player can never compete. They simply cannot risk the amount that the top space holders do.

3 Likes

Injecting sp or not is going to make very little difference in a big fight. Because realistically your fc doesn’t give much of a ■■■■ if you are there in a ceptor a battleship or a capital so long as you show up.

A single pilot isn’t going to change anything by being in a slightly larger ship faster.

Now what they CAN change. Is allowing newer players to train into new doctrine ships faster, letting them join more fleets and actually play instead of sitting on the sidelines for weeks or even months.

1 Like

Yeah there’s a big difference between a ceptor and capital in your fleet. Are you joking? Slightly larger?? Also it’s not about a SINGLE pilot. If it were only one account on EVE able to inject skills no one would give a —.

Alright let’s see, let’s replace all of one alliances supers with inties and I mean sure it won’t make a difference right? Cause the fc doesn’t give much of a as long as they show up! HUEHUEHUGJEIGJW)#($TW*IDIOT

Get f**king real.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes