A list of broken things

I think the whole point of the Epic Arcs was to give players access to more content in the game.

Concord Faction standing use to be like that but when ‘Tags for Security’ was implemented, the characters Security status and Concord Faction standing was split up. Currently there’s no way to gain Concord Faction standing yet players can easily incur negative standing with Concord.

The main issue is that Concord controls high sec systems and once your Concord standing drops to negative, those systems become a ‘No Fly’ zone. Basically making that area of the game inaccessible. The standing gain doesn’t have to be large, just enough to help offset the negative standing hits incurred from running missions for Pirate Factions. It could even be done similar like the Security status increase gained from ‘Security Tags’, just go up to a certain point.

As for Thukker, yeah, they don’t control any high sec systems which is the only place where Faction standing matters. However I do see your point, maybe have an option to complete one of the pathways in the Minmatar level 4 Epic Arc for Thukker.

3 Likes

Only if you promise to not tell everyone, I will point you to a one-time offer only of CONCORD to complete 2 level 2 (level 3.5 would be more appropiate) missions in highsec.
Come to think of it, if those were allowed more than once in your lifetime, that would be awesome.

I remember I had a security status of 5.6 once by completing one of them and keeping the second for a later date.
I can show you the medal you get from the one I ran.

1 Like

I hear you and those kind of things are what I was looking for, maybe not here but I’ll take it.

I wanna make Khanid and thukker ballistic controls a thing, my OCD says thanks in advance.

I thought those two agents were disabled? or at least moved to Interbus?

1 Like

Oh? When did that happen? My last information is dated I admit but you have to forgive me, up until a few weeks ago I struggled for 2 years to make this decision in the first place.

Well if you are thinking of Jeremy Tac’s and the other I cannot remember off the top of my head, it is several years ago. It might even go back to when they split Security Status off Concord Standing (they used to be the same thing).

1 Like

There used to be many more CONCORD missions and levels you could do.

But you are right, must have been around that time. I did the Christopher Vogelsang mission and thought he would still be somewhere in space to talk to, just not by me.

You’re correct and those Agents only gave personal Security Status increase, not Faction standing increase.

1 Like

New players:
They need to change their ideology, they’re not special despite all of CCP’s advertising. They need to realize that the game won’t cater towards them

People who think they have the right to plex without effort:
That’s not how the economy works

1 Like

I had storyline l4 in which I had to blow up entire set of sansha battleships - no derived standings loss.

The moment you have standing gain with a faction from a storyline, you have derived standing loss.

eg if make an amarr mission vs sansha, which rewards me with amarr positive standing gain, then I will lose derived standing with minmatar and gallente.

The ONLY faction standing increase that does not produce derived standing is epic arcs’ rewards.

Except that one exact case… Still have no idea if it was that particular mission - that did catch me by surprise.

1 Like

Maybe you did not complete the mission ? No completion => no standing gain=> no derived standing.

But that’s very interesting.

Nah, that doesn’t sound right.

Every time I completed or didn’t complete a mission, I had derived standings from “ship kill” with date and time-stamp on them.

I got 0.9 minmatar standing - from 3.7 to 4.8… which also surprised me.

1 Like

a minmatar storyline that requires to kill sansha BS ? Sorry I can’t remember of such one. typically only amarr storylines face you against blood.

https://www.eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=Matriarch4ansa

Just checked to see what the name of that mission was.

I can do a screenshot if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

nice ! I never ever got that storyline, that I remember of. Yet I make missions for the 4 empires.

Not really a broken thing but I’d love to see how agents pool missions thrown over the side in favor of a system that grants more than the same dozen or so missions. After running missions pretty rigorously for nearly ten years, there are still more missions I’ve never once seen than ones I have according to Eve Survival.

Also, can we please get a toggle for burner offers? It still gets rather tedious clicking on decline three to some number more than three times for every normal mission offer.

4 Likes

Other companies and games have mission generators capable of creating new and varied missions; CCP claims It’s too complicated and expensive in dev time for them.
Abyssal Space filaments create varied instances where the opponets and rewards are randomly chosen; CCP claims they can’t do it with missions.
Many players have voiced that they want new and exciting missions AT ALL LEVELS so they can solve the puzzles and try new things; CCP responds by releasing end game Burner missions (meets the needs of only a small percentage) and claims no one “really” is asking for new missions.
Other companies and games can have encounter generators that create random encounters/sites during exploration; CCP claims they cannot and offers the same exploration sites for the last 10+ years.

With the recent evidence of CCP’s recent PvE capabilities as shown in the Guardian Gala and such, perhaps it is true that their developers are unable to provide industry standard quality in PvE…and that is sad.