A low-skill fit for the high-tier gas site clearing?

I have recently got myself into gas harvesting, but as opposed to ninja gas mining method, when sleepers arrive, I prefer to warp away, switch to my harbinger (fitted with T1), clear the site, and come back with my harvesting frigate.

The higher tier sites spawn either 4 sleepless sentinels, or 4 sleepless keepers and 4 emergent keepers. This composition is too much for my poor little harbinger to handle. My character is industry-focused, so I only have a minimal combat-related skills.

My question is thus as follows: is it realistic to have a fit that:

• Can deal with the rats as described above,
  • Is ideally under 500-600 mil. isk,
  • Would require no more than 30 days of training from scratch (I already have some skills trained, so it likely would be less than that)?

If it is, what hull+fit would you recommend? And if not, what is a realistic option, closest to those requirements? I don’t normally do any combat-related activities, so I am a complete noob here, any help would be highly appreciated!

I’m not that experienced in gas huffing myself, but have heard about ‘jedi gas huffing’, which means, unlike ninja gas huffing where you sneak out once the NPCs appear, you simply keep huffing and speed tank the NPCs in a Prospect.

Seems like this may be the kind of gas huffing you’re looking for?

There are multiple guides for it on the internet, one of the guides I found is:

Thank you for the advice! I have read that guide before, but it’s not really what I am looking for since this method is not applicable for all the gas sites, and I would rather use ventures than prospects, I would much rather just clear the site out and peacefully suck the cloud up

Solo, sub ISK600m, 30 days to train?
The real kicker with fighting sleepers is the neuts. So going solo will present some serious problems.
It might be possible with a capless setup using ancillary shield boosters and either missiles or projectile weapons or drones. Triple ancillary shield booster, autocannon Dominix or a torpedo Raven perhaps? Not sure what your drone, large projectile turret and missiles skills are like. Possibly a Maelstrom?
I’ve seen some seriously blingy passive shield rattlesnakes used to solo c5 sites, but that blows both your budget and training time conditions.
I’ll have a play with Pyfa later tonight and see if i can come up with something that fits your solo and budget requirements. Can’t make any promises about the 30 day train.
In any event, it will probably be rather slow going.
Personally, I use a multibox Leshak setup.

ok, i came up with these that might be able to fit all your requirements. the key is to not blow all your ancillary shield boosters at once. you don’t want to have all three on reload at the same time. dance between them and overheat as necessary. try to empty one with one half full and the third still full. Add in Blue Pills and Agency Hardshell boosters as you need.

damage is kind of meh, it’ll take you a while to clear the site, but it could be worth a try.
depending on your skills, you might have top drop the core defence shield rig for a processor overclocker for more CPU. Or you might want to use a CPU implant.
Run the fit through the simulator to figure out if you can make it all work.
Use the Raven Drones on the Frigates while you whittle away at a battleship. for the domi, i’d be killing the frigates first with light/medium drones as they will scram you and you’ll be unable to escape is you see a saber on d-scan.

I have absolutely no idea if any of these will work.
I’d suggest testing on SiSi, but the test server is currently down.

[Raven, solo sleeper]

Damage Control II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
EM Shield Amplifier II
Kinetic Shield Amplifier II

Upgraded ‘Malkuth’ Torpedo Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Torpedo
[Empty High slot]

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Large EM Shield Reinforcer I

Imperial Navy Acolyte x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5

For the Dommi, drop the omnidirectional tracking enhancer for more CPU if required,
[Dominix, solo gas clear]

Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Gyrostabilizer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
IFFA Compact Damage Control

EM Shield Amplifier II

800mm Heavy Carbine Repeating Cannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
[Empty High slot]

Large Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Imperial Navy Acolyte x5
Federation Navy Ogre x5

An finally, a Maelstrom. This actually does the best damage and has the best tank of the three fits I’ve put in. Again, use your light drones on the frigates, once they’re dead, launch three heavies and two lights onto the battleships. Again, you’ll have to check against your skills to see if you can make this fit.
[Maelstrom, solo sleeper]

Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Compact EM Shield Amplifier
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Compact Thermal Shield Amplifier

800mm Heavy ‘Scout’ Repeating Cannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L

Large Kinetic Shield Reinforcer I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Imperial Navy Acolyte x2
Imperial Navy Acolyte x3
Federation Navy Ogre x3

They wont.

Damage in these sites is around 2.000 DPS and you have to kill hundredthousands of eHP. Which means you will have to tank for quite a while with just one ship.

What you seek is unrealistic, and rightly so. High Tier WHs shall be group-content, not easy solo farming grounds. I mean, you can do it solo of course, but that requires a LOT of investment in skill and ISK.
Back to you: Alone the amount of time you would need to clear them is absurd with sub-max skills. These sleeper battleships have serveral hundredthousand eHP and you can apply like… 400? 500? to them. All that while under their fire, webs, scrams, neuts.

I live in WHs for years, so here is my advice:

• ninja-farm them in a kiting prospect like everyone else, it works, is cheap and requires no investment in skills, time or fancy ships

or

• have a friend with combatskills clear the sites for you in a ship that can actually do it. Usually a pimped Faction-BS or Marauder. Or in case you have a corp, create a small fleet to do them.
  • if you really want to do it solo, invest the time and ISK to enable your char to fly a Golem at least at skill level IV. With T2 weapon systems. Thats the easiest solution. A pimped T3 will also work if you know what you do.
1 Like

if SiSi was up, i’d go test it.
i doubt any would manage it, but sometimes surprises happen and the actual result varies from the expected result.
but i can’t be bothered on TQ. it would take an age to chew through four sleeper battleships with 900 paper DPS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.