A new layer to EvE. (Your player base is nearly a decade ahead of you)

“Coalitions represent greater strength. As an analogy, consider NATO. Nobody will attack NATO, not ever. Because the moment they do, the hammer falls from every NATO member. No nation, no treaty group, nothing. Even the ones that can take the heat don’t want to take it because of just how destructive it will be. The goal of NATO is of course “content denial” because in the real world we don’t thrive on destruction. In Eve, however, the opposite is true.”

So by using this, you think that it would be “content denial” to make it easier to form coalitions? I view it as slightly different if I was given the tools to rapidly form a coalition against a common enemy it would create more content. The point can be expanded in a few areas.
Like you say coalitions are not going anywhere? the underline that eve is about conflict is the driving force for content, i do not think that making it easier to form and manage a coalition/alliance would do anything but favour that content to arrive quicker.

your two other answers, I really cant retort as I share the same view exactly.

1 Like

Right… it would absolutely make the coalition coordinate faster. Which in turn reduces the ability of an outside force to effectively attack something before that hammer comes down on them.

Think about it this way.

If you had a choice between engaging in a war with 1000 players or 15,000 players, which would you choose to engage in a war with?

Yea, a group like the goons could /lol and say “bring it bitches we see your 15,000 and raise you 15000 more.” but in the case of the blue donut… no such group exists within reasonable striking range. We’re effectively safe, because nobody wants our space enough that they’re willing to fight “all of that” for it. It’s just not worth it.

Carving out your own small chunk of drone lands however, that’s not so bad. Fighting 1000 people, totally within reach.

Regarding TRI/FCON, if it had just been TRI and just FCON, the war would be over and TRI would have won long ago. But because of the coalition, yea TRI managed to crush FCON, but it will cost them their entire region. Not a positive exchange, by any stretch.

Ultimately I believe tools that make coalitions less cancerous to maintain will only lead to more coalitions. Coalitions of convenience.

Make Alliance maximum size larger, allow for taxation, why do it all the hard way ?

1 Like

I’m not sure how that solves anything been stated here, can you be more clear?

and yet youll still have the coalitions and most of null empty because anyone has is can make an alliance to claim space, what we lack is the ability to spearhead into null without renting, anycorp/alliance that remotely gets any numbers that’s not in null gets war declared into the ground so they cant build up to launch and fight against a group, which would be near impossible but not improbable

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.