A Open Letter to CCP and Players, changes need to be made for good

CCP should just focus on FW. SOV is unfixable. HISex is a lost cause. Just turn 75% of Empire into FW.

2 Likes

CCP simply needs to provide engaging, fun, compelling content for PVE and PVP. They are failing at it massively atm.

4 Likes

I never said that. I said CCP drives the direction of EVE. Our voices will not change what CCP’s ultimate vision is. Our role is to provide feedback on the things they are planning to do. Overall EVE’s direction is in CCP’s court.

Don’t we have a megathread that we use for these things?

1 Like

it has, for almost two decades.

Re your OP, I gather your main purpose is to address Retention. However some of your ideas border on a restart of a very different game, with a different monetization, and even clear disadvantages for a player the longer he plays… It’s bad enough to point at the new chinese server and hail it as something positive, where people are invited to spend extra cash for things like repairs, and ship losses are no longer real. That is not EvE. And the suggestion would do nothing for retention, as it would have to start from zero.

You got it wrong. This isn’t a game where you can choose to be pve-only. PvE is artificial content, and only goes so far, until all has been done and solved. In EvE the players create the content, are the content. Sounds to me you do not fully understand what a sandbox game is, an all out PvP one at that. Next you’d be asking for a pve server, or, bob forbid, a no-pvp zone in New Eden.

Btw, people do not say “eve doesn’t require changes”. They are saying “the nature of eve requires no changes”, and “eve needs fixes, like for scarcity, sov, industry, upwell, nullsec income”. The bulk of your ideas changes the nature of the game, its success factor.

5 Likes

Sorry OP, you dont speak for all PVE players in eve.

8 Likes

@zilusha needs to be banned for life.

1 Like

Honestly, my PVE life is great. I run t3 abyssals in my gila, I have lv 4 mission golem, and ofc my incursion kronos/basi.

Main activity is incursions, and I am happy to have t3 abyssals and missions to really break up the grind. Only other thing I could do is expand into solo bashing FOBs I couldn’t complain CCP allows me to plex and have a modest savings all in HS. I very well know being a single account player I won’t be as rich as the multiboxers or even the NS/WH people due to be living in HS and I am ok with that atm.

Life is pretty good can’t really complain for HS you know? Oh ofc the Cadari Union Day combat sites where EXCELLENTLY designed by CCP. The difficulty is just high enough to prevent afking. Need to be awake and alert on these as I nearly died my self attempting to chat and run the sites. :laughing: Solid 20mil ISK for about maybe 15mins of running? + RNG loot. Quality reward for the effort and time put in but doesn’t overshadow more skilled solo activities in EVE. I really hope CCP designs more event sites like the Union Day ones.

Remember MMO’s are known for their stale, old, outdated content. Devs do try to refresh it every now and then, but the loops have usually been the same. Just different metas now. So if you really want fresh PVE content I don’t think MMO’s are the place. I would recommend single player loop games like stellaris + paradox’s games, Ravenfield, and many of the AAA singe player titles. I would even recommend MOBAs despite their toxic communities. Dota 2 has so many heros you can try new play styles and master easily fill a lot of time. I hope OP gets the point I am making here.

1 Like

Lumberjack_Woodcutting

your argument is invalid

6 Likes

Perhaps ? You want to make changes based on a ‘perhaps’ ?

Darth Vader ? Belters from Ceres ? Cthulhu ?

Its amazing how people demand lengthy definitive changes based on a single line of utterly ambiguous ‘perhaps’…‘mysterious forces’…etc.

4 Likes

I am always constantly impressed by the sheer audacity it takes to engage in something, talk about how much you love it, and then immediately demand a complete change to every aspect of the entire thing. I watched the Tour De France last year and I loved it. I want it to last forever. I wrote them an open letter suggesting that if they just switched the bikes to brightly colored cars with slogans painted all over them that were only allowed to turn slightly to the left and raced in beautiful cities like Daytona then it would truly be the best bike race of all time.

13 Likes

They buffed barges to the point they are as tanky as battleships. Makes sense that gankers moved onto combat ships doing PVE. Cause and effect.

Love to see these good old “there is no counterplay”, “there is no chance” statements. It wasn’t true when miners used to parrot it and it is definitely not true for combat ships used in PVE.

Reminder - you don’t need ewar to fight gankers. Once they shoot you, they cannot warp anywhere and few seconds later NPCs will destroy them. If you can’t fight back in combat ship then there is no hope for you and you should quit playing this game and find something else.

BTW, is this again alt posting? Or what was your loss that made you start this thread, was it this? Paladin | zilusha | Killmail | zKillboard or was it Paladin | zilusha | Killmail | zKillboard ?

According to the zkill you are nullseccer, I mean, we had already peoples starting anti-ganking thread after they lost ship in lowsec gatecamp, but this is a bit too much. What will be next? Losing ship in pochven? lol

PvE players deserve no protection.

5 Likes

No

6 Likes

This gunna be good.

:popcorn:

PVE is no longer needed as for the next two years the main focus will be about Faction War

CCP can sell the ships as FW packs in the NES store or place up on a NPC Store that offers everything at the cost of InterBus credits

InterBus credits can be reward from Faction War and or sold as packs from the store for exchange for plex.

That is the direction it looks to be heading.

1 Like

I think CCP should protect PvPers.

PvPers are more likely to buy plex. They are more likely to spend money on anything that will give them a slight competitive edge over their opponents. Individuals that are more likely to drop money into pay 2 win mechanics need special dispensation and protections because they are directly funding CCP, their investors and keeping the servers live.

PVEers just grind isk all day long, not dropping a dime into the bucket that keeps the game ticking.

Not true for all pveers. Ive spent plenty of money buying plex plus i did pay monthly as well.

4 Likes

Hush you.

Don’t use your personal experience and logic to poke holes in my faultless and airtight argument.

4 Likes

I’m willing to provide personal experience of whatever story you wnat me to come up with to counter his anecdote argument for the mere price of a couple billion iskies… really a bargain. :wink: :smirk: :innocent:

1 Like