A player market

It will work with new players best as they won’t have high expectations in what they’re worth to others. I don’t expect old vets to jump onto it straight away. They are often reluctant to any change that doesn’t add a bonus to their status, and in this case might they actually find out their true value to others and that may cause a good amount of tears for some.

What will work is when corporations start using the player market and begin to use it as their only tool. Then players will be forced to use it, not by a game change or by CCP, but it would be forced by other players. And changes that are forced purely by the majority of players have the best potentional to succeed in EVE.

And this is why it won’t work in eve online.

Nonsense. I’m saying that when players are using it then it is working.

If you rather sit in a corner and sulk, because you’re not being accepted into a corporation, then that too is working as intended.

The condition for it working is it working as a condition.

If the only way this works is when players use it and a single player decides to not use it then the entire structure collapses in upon itself as a house of cards without a base can not stand.

Like I said, you are free to limit your options by not participating in the market. All it means is that you don’t want to be recruited through a trade. How is this not working for you?

Because of how quickly I can scam the entire process making everything in it a joke.

Go on, I’m listening. This is why we are having this thread.

When you don’t listen to yourself? Mute for the topic engaged. Not worthy of discussion.

2 Likes

Bye-bye.

Didn’t he just explain his requirements?

Where is the disatvantage in “lowering your value by telling what you’re looking for” for the one being traded? It’s only a problem for the corp selling the player.
Every reasonable recruiter will understand that their (future) members have needs or wishes they can’t completly deny them without offering something in return.

Only partly.

Your value isn’t just ISK into the wallet of corps. It’s also a reflection of how well you play the game, how well you work in a team and how much you are able to contribute to a corp’s effort, if … and this is import … if you let it.

When a biding corp already knows you will they also bid more ISK than a corp that doesn’t know you. It’s this simple.

No corp would be that stupid to throw billions of ISKs out for an unknown player. But in the rare event it would happen to you and you get transferred into a corp, which you don’t want to be in, then just grab what you can, spy on them and do whatever the hell you want with them. Make a scene, rob them blind, who cares?! It’s not your mistake, is it?

About having needs… It’s important to understand that one doesn’t simply join a corporation for the joining itself. Just like one doesn’t apply for a job at a company for the sole purpose of having a job. You do need to have what they want and not the other way around. One doesn’t walk into a PvP corp with a mining char and then sits in a belt and mines all day. Nor would a PvP corp be looking for somebody with mining skills unless they specifically need you for mining.

Your skills should be visible for the time you’re on the market. We did already have certificates in the past, which were visible until it was removed/disabled. Your skill set is the only real information about you. Any other information you want to provide has a chance to be false, sometimes only outdated, but more likely to affect your value.

Maybe you’re think this suggestion is all about getting something free out of it. It isn’t. Everyone involved needs to cooperate or it will fail. This is what this is about. It’s a game you’re playing and everyone in it needs to figure it out. The end goal is for all three parties - the two corps and the player being transferred - to make it work. And if some of them don’t then somebody will have a loss. This is what EVE is about, is it not?

https://forums.eveonline.com/c/marketplace/character-bazaar

There’s your “player market.”

/thread

No, Krysenth. The character bazaar only puts a price tag onto soulless characters.

My suggestion is to make it real and to take it to the next level. Putting a price tag on a soulless character is easy. Putting a price tag on a player is however near impossible, there is no formula for that, and this is where the fun starts.

Most players on the player market will transfer for a few millions I suppose, if they don’t switch corps the usual way. But imagine what a good and popular FC could be transferring for. If you want to take the prices of the character bazaar as some kind of baseline, then imagine what good players will be worth, when they can make a character “fly”. Why there buy a character of the bazaar, when you can get a player with a character, who is willing to fly with you? … It’s a completely different thing.

Competeing with the character bazaar isn’t my point. My suggestion is to improve player interactions overall for EVE. It’s about picking up players and inviting them to join your corporation, instead of doing it the sucker’s way, where CEOs sit behind closed doors and have players running to them, knocking on doors and make them go through hoops.

The current recruitment system with the multiple choice options, which offer no guarantees anyway, is basically like a love match maker on a dating web site, telling you that you and your next corp are 95.2% love compatible. It’s a funny recruitment system, but not a fun one.

That would consider player being like “valuable items”.
I think its terrible enough that it happens in real life: in China.

I would quit EvE if they would do this.

Something that we can create tho is rewards from corp / alliance ops.

No. It would consider players being like “valuable players”.

That you’re seeing yourself as an item is something I cannot fix. You are a player and the fact that you think the way you do already has a certain value to it. Not everyone thinks the way you do and we already have players who see others as less without there being a player market.

You high bro ?

1 Like

I’m saying you’re not an item. Has nobody ever told you that?

How do you translate that in term of gameplay ? You just can’t, or would put enormous amount of resources that CCP doesn’t have

Not at all. Think of it as a “Looking for Corp” or LfC request. A listing where players can list themselves. Their current corp could make a bid, others could make one, too. If you’re happy where you are then you’d stay of course and don’t put yourself up. But when you want a change then you could leave without leaving too much of a hole behind, find new bros who are willing to pay you out, which means they see value in you and you can advance your career in EVE as a pilot. You could point to your killboard, net worth or whatever, to raise interest in case you just want to leave, but don’t know where to and don’t just want to go back into an NPC corp. There are plenty ways on how this can work out for you.

Just don’t expect it to always be a safe bet.

a bet ? i mean, no one will pay, unless you’re famous… and still.
Or will pay beans.