A Serious Lack of Information

Thank you, a very valid point.

Well this is the problem, a lack of information from the game itself from the ones who created it. This leaves it up to users to work stuff out and post it or YouTube tutorials. Is this really how a game should be cataloged. It is like poking about in the dark with a book of matches looking for the flashlight. After so many times of getting burned you tend to give up and just sit in the dark.

I recently saw a question on here of a player asking how they can make 40 jumps and not get caught by the ganker’s bubble. They all gave their various answers, of course Omegas are the only ones who can cloak for the Micro Warp Drive trick (aka MWD cloak trick) the real answer for an alpha is just to avoid hot spots. As an alpha should just pull over at dock, before entering low sec, and scout ahead with their corvette. So what I am saying is, the item database should have some kind of note about MWD + cloak being your best way to escape or avoid being trapped. The blurb should be on both the cloak and the larger MWDs. Even if it was only mentioned on the cloak, it should point the player to the MWDs.

When I started playing I made the mistake of buying mining drones. There was no warning issued to alphas, I found out I had to hover over the icon to see omega only items. Later when someone suggested gas mining, I asked, “Can an alpha really mine gas?”. I was more careful about it. Yet I still got the gas harvesters not the scoops… ugh. Once I sold off the wrong equipment, I got all set in my alpha gas miner and found enough wormholes to choke an adult sized budong. No gas found, that ship remains parked in dock to this day. It should be abundantly clear what alphas cannot or should not buy. And before someone says it, yes I have my skill filter set when looking in the market. The gas harvesters will still appear. Why? Because I have the skill needed to use them, but not the Omega ship they fit upon. Buyer beware.

I don’t know much about Icelandic developers… but here in the US, our corporations have a huge slave labor force known as the “Unpaid Interns”.

I am almost certain the janitor had an active role in the material. At least he is a company employee and not a user working it out on their own. Players who are being asked for money to enjoy quality entertainment, should have a turn key system to work with from the start. I guess this is just one of my old man issues, the young people seem to have no problem with these days. However back in my day, games were sold physically in stores, and had to be 99.9% error free or suffer the wrath of the retail gods!

I seriously thank everyone here for your comments, thoughts, and opinions. As I stated, I really doubt (especially after the recent UI release) CCP will do anything to improve this part of the game. It might actually be a better idea for them to leave the game alone?

3 Likes