A Thread Of Kind Words

You make hoods almost more fashionable than flowing raven locks.

7 Likes

I like your flowing raven locks.

2 Likes

You pull off aging so well. How do you do it?

3 Likes

You seem like you would be an… interesting, if not fun, drinking buddy.

You’re cleaning up afterwards, though!

2 Likes

You make my tummy tingle.

I like your complimentary use of olive green and black in your style!

Your never-ending optimism, although annoying sometimes, is proof that there is genuine good out there. Thank you for reminding such goodness exists.

You’ve quietly suffered the indignity of being on the very tail of this thread long enough.

3 Likes

You’re very good at finding something meaningless to say.

2 Likes

Oh-- what to say? You’re an excellent pilot and a capable commander, but that’s both obvious and widely known. But …

Put out of your element, commanding a fleet in unfamiliar territory under alien circumstances and ROE, you heeded a subordinate’s advice and accepted a seemingly needless challenge. The outcome was the likely one: the fleet suffered awful losses, but won the greater victory by accepting that-- and not in the moral, but the practical sense. You accepted a definition of victory that was not your own, and bought relative safety at a high price.

And yet also you understood the implications well enough that, despite the strategic success, you couldn’t feel good about it.

There were a lot of mixed feelings that night. But this one’s not so mixed: I really admire what you did at that time, Captain Elkin.

Thank you.

4 Likes

You are an extremely intellectual woman and quite possibly the best debater on the IGS.

3 Likes

I may sometimes think you rush into conclusions prematurely but I truely admire your dedication to our people. Please keep it up, we need more people like you.

1 Like

Despite your strong leanings, you do not allow them to completely cloud your judgement when it comes to seeing your opponent’s side. You are also considerate and humble enough to retract statements when wrong, and give credit where it is due without making it a backhanded compliment. Thank you for that.

4 Likes

You’re not too stiff to realise that flexibility has benefits.

3 Likes

You’re remarkably spirited and competent, and I’ve been glad to be able to use you as a consultant on some matters.

3 Likes

You are a stellar partner to work with and your dedication and ambitions for science are inspiring.

2 Likes

You’re among a small group of capsuleers I really respect.

2 Likes

You’re quick to speak and never troubled by indecision. It is hard sometimes to remember that these are good and important things, but you never forget that!!

1 Like

You show great kindness to certain small and arguably-broken things. I’m of two minds about whether they deserve it more than people, but it’s hard for me to argue that they deserve it less.

2 Likes

Your combat prowess is remarkable and you would be handsomely rewarded if you should enlist with the Guardian Angels.

1 Like