A Time-Efficiency Framework for Evaluating Activities in EVE Online (GPH Model)

Interesting idea.

A couple of questions:

If GHP is essentially presented as a translation of the ISK/h numbers by dividing the activities ISK/h by the baseline ISK/h of the ‘C1 blue loot in a Caracal activity’ in your examples, what exactly is the added value of using this abstraction?

It appears to me you’re still essentially comparing ISK/h values this way.

Next, while GHP seems to have value as it focuses on stable production to average out RNG from non-repeatable lucky increased income, it downplays these ‘low GHP yet high income’ activities.

What I mean is that the GHP model ignores that players in EVE can be opportunistic and can chain together different activities. You may not be able to chain mine jackpot r64 moon ore forever or be able to chain ghost sites in exploration, giving these temporary activities rather low GHP values, but you can be certain I’d love to drop whatever ‘higher GHP’ activity I’m doing to quickly earn more ISK doing these ‘lower GHP’ activities when the opportunity present itself. (And not only because it increases my income, but also because more variation in gameplay is fun!)

I wonder why and when someone would use ‘GHP’ to compare activities when certain low GHP activities can be so much more profitable than high GHP activities.

I like the idea of creating other metrics than ISK/h to measure the value of EVE activities, but GHP sounds to me like it’s just an abstraction on the same old boring ISK/h.

Personally I prefer to focus on a (sadly far less objective) ‘fun per hour’.