Abandon self entitlement embrace the stoicism!

So you want the entire HS population to just dock up and wait for several days doing nothing? Weird.

2 Likes

This is the wrong game if you want libertarnism or a real economic simulator , cronyism has been a defining pillar of Eve online since day one. Knowing a CCP Dev is an alliance asset.

It was hilarious but got annoying fairly quickly.

Alpha character with trig standing and a full wcs Sigil. Just logging in from time to time, picking up loot from folks who got zapped by a werpost.

1 Like

Oh boy another grandiose roller going through on a tangent, my brother you are putting RL together with eve and back again while spouting dogma of a philosophy which teaches self control and at the same time bash folks who for better or worse are in the process of learning, you may not like their path nor the fact that people will aren’t eager to accept setbacks that are artificially created both before and after by mistakes from the DEV’s and the player and those who exploit these holes in the games mechanics, you want to be stoic then learn to accept the fact that people will find their own path for good or bad.

2 Likes

@Mike_Azariah

CCP should add a mission to the NPE.

The agent asks you to mine some minerals, and let’s you know that some eco-terrorists are demanding that you purchase a “mining permit”. He offers to sell you the permit, but you can decline to purchase it.

If you do not purchase the permit, when you go to mine the rocks, red flashies appear and kill you. One of them is a Gallente terrorist in a Catalyst, one of them is a Minmatar freedom fighter in a Thrasher, the other is a Khanid blood PRINCESS in a Coercer. They laugh at you. They mock the empires. They are space bullies. You fail the mission.

If you do purchase the permit, when you go to mine the rocks, another miner is already there and has mined the rocks. He doesn’t have a permit, and he laughs at you. You fail the mission. The agent then tells you that there is another way to get the minerals, and he gives you a Catalyst, and you have the choice to go and gank the miner and get your minerals.

Adding this mission to the NPE would really improve the NPE.

4 Likes

Laughs in Scrapmetal Reprocessing V

Sure, but any new player worth his salt would discover the game through online pages first, like EVE University, EVE Wiki and the dozen others just waiting for them.
Any good game player knows that before jumping headfirst into a game there’s tons to read and discover, that goes for any kind of game, whether it be single or multi-player, PvP or PvE and all the rest…
When I get questions in Corp. Chat or Local I always send them packing with a rebuke and tell them to go inform themselves online. The knowledge is out there and I won’t feed it to them with a silver spoon or on a silver platter - unless of course they pay in ISK for my time.

Holy crap!
I actually WANT to do that!!!
Oh my god it would be awesome!
Especially since it would be someone else’s Vargur, I can’t afford stuff like that.

That’s actually something I think would work well aside from the Concord problem. At that age they wouldn’t have time to kill anything before they went poof.

I’m sure CCP can afford to hire a computer programmer to solve trivial problems.

Apparently not

No, that would add legitimacy to the scam/extortion that SAFETY (Code.) run.

Not supported, not taking that one further up the ladder, not going in the book.

m

4 Likes

That’s ridiculous Mike.

Every major group in this game kills just about everybody, sells moons, systems, wormholes, etc. You shouldn’t be on the CSM if you aren’t aware that this is normal gameplay. You shouldn’t claim to represent new players if you aren’t willing to tell them the truth about EVE. It doesn’t matter where they go, someone is gonna try to kill them and demand money - that is EVE. That is the fundamental game experience.

1 Like

I disagree and you are also putting words in my mouth about what I do and do not support or tell new players. Please do not do that. I just spent part of yesterday explaining to a newbro why they were ganked in a wormhole and no it was not ‘unfair’ or bad game design.

I agree that violence is a thing in Eve, that you can and will lose ships. Where I disagree with you is that we should make a mission that mimics the actions of Safety (Code.) Mining Permits are not a thing, stop trying to make Fetch happen.

m

Oh and I still expect you to vote for me . . .

5 Likes

Mike, permits are just another word for RENT.

Player groups claim territory, and rent space to miners, and kill miners. All I’m saying is that you should add it to the NPE, because that is a fundamental aspect of the game. You can get ganked by Catalysts in Highsec, or Hecates in nullsec, or that cloaky Loki in the wormhole - it’s all the same, you can either pay rent or you are going to get evicted.

Pretending that permits are abnormal is misleading new players.

2 Likes

ewwwwwwww

ok…
im sold

tenor

They absolutely are; they’re just a thing that players created.

Trying to keep knowledge like this from players in order to save egos from being flogged does more harm than good. Putting missions into the tutorial that mimic real player interaction would do wonders for spreading awareness and creating proper expectations for the game, instead of the 20 minutes of “welcome, space commander” RP ■■■■■■■■ they have in them today.

But it’s okay, other players (like Aiko and crew) will be happy to teach new players about EVE online when CCP and you (the CSM) both fail at the task.

3 Likes

Destiny is absolutely correct.

We aren’t asking for “sanction” from CCP - we already have that. We can kill miners, and demand they pay us money. We are trying to HELP the new players, by giving them a heads up in the NPE that this is going to happen to them.

1 Like

This x1000 ^^^^

I’m not the one failing to give newbros a fair warning. That’s up to @Mike_Azariah, to request that CCP modify the NPE to inform newbros that I’m gonna kill them.