Abandoned drones

Any idea why people leave so many drones abandoned in space? In the past few weeks I’ve scanned down a few hundred mill ISK worth of T2 and faction drones; is this just something that non-rich players like me do in their spare time?

5 Likes

Some people drink alcohol and do drugs while playing Eve. Impaired people often forget to recall their drones.

1 Like

I think most of the time it’s just that people warp off and forget to recall them. Sometimes it’ll be due to their ship going pop though.

I do it to mark my territory.

Nah you leave drones behind when you had been spooked.

1 Like

usually they forget to recall before warping off, and then the anomoly despawns.

Most non-WH folks have jack crap for scan skills, so combat probing them down will be a pain in the ass for them. especially when they have to run back to a trade hub to pick up a ship that can do it.

That said, I’m with you. always worth to check drones on d-scan. People still leave geckos lying around… less so than a year ago, but still happens and it makes good isk for the few minutes of effort to scan them down.

Drone is cheaper than a ship. It’s better to lose drone than a ship. Other than that. People simply forget to recall them.

Set them free back to the wild…

Always recall drones, or they will go Rogue!

2 Likes

@Erkkinnen I don’t use “expensive” drones, so I will abandon a few cheap drones so save a ship worth 1000 times more the value. The other times have been pure accidents forgetting to pull them in and leaving them in deadspace sectors I have cleared.

@Xeux I never consume alcohol while playing, since the drug I take is insulin these days. Because I lost a few from fail to recall, I now have them visible on the overview. My question is; who was the brainchild that set the default general overview NOT to display the drones?

Drones are ammo.

1 Like

Drones are free. Most players make them themselves. They dont care about leaving them behind since they have thousands to spare. Unless they are noobs (2010 or newer players)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.