Save Locations Lost Drones & Missions

Hi there

Love the new save locations, but as im a salvager and manufacturer Id like to see if we could look at save location of Lost Drones in the near future.

Its a bit of a pain not been able to save the location once you have scanned them down with combat probes.
Really like the way you are informed of the change in your standings, but its been over 10 yrs that CCP redid the missions, be nice to have salvage missions for the Notis and different types of missions.
Apart from that the update is Great.
Well done CCP.

1 Like

I love probing down all those lost drones that careless/drunk players leave behind from late night weekend running missions and sites. Providing a return to location button that rewards (or at least does not penalize) careless/drunken game play would seem to go against one of the core principles of EVE: your actions have consequences, both good and bad. The left behind drones are either harvested by resourceful players putting in extra effort or are eventually deleted by the server providing both an isk sink and a driver of player manufacturing. I know from personal experience the adrenalin rush provided by the realization that I had just left 2 Geckos back at a site and the rush to get another ship with combat probes to recover them before they were recovered by another player.:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Wrong category…

Thread moved. :slight_smile:

Players build drones, not CCP. The only isk leaving the game is through market fees which for drones are completely trivial.

That said…

This. One hundred times this. If you forget your drones, you can either spend the time finding them or the money replacing them.

Alas, I intended the isk sink in regards to a person’al wealth, not removal from the game. Sorry for my lack of clearity,

1 Like

seek help.

You mean this?

You heard it here first.

1 Like

Says “old pervert” :nerd_face:

1 Like

If you can’t remember about your stuff it’s your problem, not devs.

It does not seem to happen as much these days but when I used to run Incursions you could often find literally hundreds of drones left behind in a system. It was a good day when you picked up some Augmented (Back then a Aug Hob was 25mil a pop) ones while waiting for a fleet.

Just make drones able to scan if they are abandoned for 15-30 min.

“Go to/near the next mission hub or incursion site and scan down some abandoned drones.” Is one of the fastest ways to make your first (instant) 10+ million ISK when new in EVE. Teaches some D-Scan skills too.

1 Like

I think the idea of salvage missions interesting, but actually nothing which could motivate me to do it a lot… hm.
About the drones:
You can safe the location of your drones… as long as you are on grid with them. :stuck_out_tongue:
But you shouldn’t just get a booknark to warp back to them when you forgot to pull them in.