Abbandoned POS'es

Have faith in them also and can be the day camp, corp hanger for the day which is way better than using the Orca maintenance bay when there is no docking in system.

On the Citadel part of your discussion I feel that the week is fine as it is linked to much larger operations which leave the Control Tower to the solo, small fleet pilots.

The Citadel is TOTALLY worthless tho.

It’s really that simple.

The fact that if you want it to make ISK AND that you are a smaller/solo player then it’s gonna cost you.

EG. anchor 1 citadel (Chose your flavour) since it does not really matter - Rig it out - Put in a module and pay for the fuel… Oh - Buy, that stupid damned CORE that has a 100% drop too…

And… Off you go… A week later, you get an incoming Wardec…

As a player who has been in the game for a decade, wardecs are not a big issue - I can get around that by paying for “Ahem - Protection” - It’s part of the game mechanics - I TOTALLY accept that

I am the guy used to logging in daily… the same can not be said for newer players…

There comes a point where even I have given up with Structures…

Given todays FW notice - I feel even less inclined to login.

For me - Small POS was simply the best as a small player - I truly feel that if CCP can come up with a replacement structure that simply was as “Versatile” as a 15 min timer then MANY more players would concider industry.
1.5Bill for a citadel is nothing - Asking a player to wait a week for it to do anything is like asking Star citizen to warp for 5 minutes across a system…
People want to LOGIN and do Stuff…
EvE has the Edge, but it seems of late that CCP cannot find the sharpening stone :confused:

2 Likes

It’s kind of a “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” kind of thing. The way wars function today isn’t a byproduct of the new citadel system, but rather the new citadel system is a byproduct of wars. CCP implemented citadels in this manner in order to give most players a “way out” of wars, and in turn this actually led to extreme frustration for the majority of players, especially smaller-group/independent ones, while big organized alliances (like for example all of the game’s major Russian alliances) are completely war-immune!

CCP made both wars and structure ownership utter rubbish in one fell swoop.

2 Likes

/me doff’s hat to Destiny…

Well said Bud, and nice to see one of the last of the Amarr greats… I do miss many of them.

i long since moved out - Sorry :confused:

Can i ask your opinion of the expansion of Jita and the neglect of the other 3 main hubs ?

Fixy.

Hilmar had to choose between funding that or feeding his hakarl and Brennivin habit, and, well, you know what won out in the end.

I also want to say that I’d much prefer it if they didn’t touch any other hubs, because those are all kicker stations, and if they change that then transportation is going to become a lot more safe, and we’ve been in a glut economy for a decade now.

1 Like

SO… for us wormholers, that depend on a hub connection, and for those that live in Low and null that do NOT border Jita… how do you see that playing out Bud ?

I don’t remember writing this … oh wait, I didn’t.

I’ve lost somwhere around 19 Upwell. None have them had a quantum core.

I’m currently back to doing research in lowsec, but now an unbonused station. The jobs I submitted will complete in just over 2 years.

Keeping in mind that the same jobs have already been interrupted twice with 17 and then 25 days to completion in Raitaru.

So I’m really hoping the FW changes aren’t gonna screw future access to the station.

I wish I had a flashy response to this, but I really don’t expect EVE to change in any dramatic manner for the foreseeable future. It’s just going to be a sort of “twilight year” near-maintenance mode from here on.

Even the FW “changes” people are getting excited over are nothing but the addition of a pretty new map overlay and turn-in quests in which players can “donate resources to support their faction,” because CCP is running out of ideas to keep the production-destruction delta from turning into a complete catastrophe, and are resorting to Skinner Box Jedi mind tricks to try to entice people to at least role-play as spaceship captains in a game that functions like a very close analogue of Cookie Clicker for 95% of its player base.

That said, I still enjoy playing EVE, but probably only because I’m one of the 50 or so people left on the server that still do what I do.

1 Like

See - that WAS where the Fun was at…

Navigating Low-Sec to find a structure with a low queue for Research… With a BPO in your cargo…

Asking a corp mate that had the skills to fly/scout you in there…

All of that went out the window with Citadels…

Along with the “Choice” for the small indy player to build - LOCALLY, and I DO MEAN LOCALLY what was needed - since anyone still here - Knows what local needed.

Citidels never made ISK by themselves. They were a supplement to a corp’s operations. CCP just made them more of a group ownership thing to reduce proliferation by solo characters.

The common theme of what CCP has been wanting to do is drive more group driven content. Discouraging solo content. Mining balance pass/Cores are the two easiest patches that show this trend.

Solo content is just on it’s way out slowly but, surely. It is a shame but, I adapted.

Keep at it Destiny.

I wish I had the love still for the game - I haveIT for the community but for where I live and Fly, I feel CCP have given me nothing.

Citadels can make ridiculous amounts of money if you anchor the right ones in the right places.

Yah pretty darn hard and margins are quite thin. I guess… BUT YAH if you are in the right place… Wouldn’t advice it for the average EVE player.

Care to ask TEST what happened then Bud ?

Or why Mittens hung up his gloves ?

SOLO indy has always been a close part of corp stuff… Show me an alliance that does NOT have a strong indy leader ?

Submitted for your amusement:

I was an idiot. My brain was operating at 0.01% when as I accelerated to warp I pondered the question, "Why is there a rookie ship (corvette) sitting on the gate?

Of course by the time I answered that question, I was already in warp, and unable to ‘stop’. The outcome didn’t surprise me in the least.

I started in 2009, and was doing industry in lowsec and NPC nulsec from the beginning of my industry career. I only lost one BPO in NPC nulsec, and that was one a friend had offered to carry for me.

Been there and OWN that award Bud…

Just polished up ready for you to collect :slight_smile:

I am talking about group station ownership. I pointed out CCP’s theme of discouraging solo play. Including solo ownership of citidels.

Can’t own a citidel by your self these days. Not worth the ISK. To me at least

1 Like

I’d disagree - But do spend some time with @Destiny_Corrupted in Amarr and then see how things play out :slight_smile:

I just realised how far OFF TOPIC this thread has become tho so let’s wait and see if CCP can come up with an alternative to the POS that includes making it easy for roles/inter-activity/defence AND is a PROPER alternative to logging in EVERY DAY for a week just to unanchor the thing…

Appologies to OP.

Fixy out

1 Like

Alpha coercer (crystals) with an afk destroyer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.