About Bumping

Go here: https://community.eveonline.com/support/download/

Download the game, install it and then you go PvP without a scram or disruptor and try to tackle something other than a capital with bumping until you killed it.

1 Like

You’re arguing that these changes would in no way affect ganking. That’s dishonest. You’re being dishonest, sir.

2 Likes

Personal preference.

Counter question:

Why do people still use tackle mods when bumping exists in its current form?

–Curious Gadget

2 Likes

This states that no ship class, except capitals, is vulnerable to bumps.

That is false.

Even frigates can be bumped.

1 Like

If you want to call it that, go ahead. I have ganked in the past without the need for bumping. If the incapable gankers these days need bumping in order to gank, that’s not dishonest, it is incompetence.

When’s the last time you saw a frigate get bumped?
@Salvos_Rhoska

Also how’s the CSM campaign going?

Counter-question:

You do they bump when they could point?

Dont worry, I can answer that myself.
Its because bumping both displaces the ship and points it in effect.

Well okay, Mr. Pro-Ganker, sir. The fact remains that you’re arguing for a safer highsec, that’s an objective fact.

People who want a safer highsec are known as carebears on these forums and greatly derided. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

I raise you the following quote:

Pleasure to show you what I want in reality.

You dont need to bump to gank/aggress.

HS safety is a separate issue.
This is about bumping,

The irony here being, that bumping is a “safe” action in HS, instead of tackling.

So whom is safer? The bumper, or the bumped?

1 Like

You can repeat this as often as you want, they simply don’t get it. You can even show them with detailed examples how safety would be even lower in high sec, and they still don’t get it. It’s too comical. :joy:

Repeating it endlessly doesn’t make it true.

Ganking and safety go hand in hand. No matter how much you want to focus on one thing and ignore the other, it’s still related.

1 Like

You guys can’t honestly be so ignorant as to be arguing that reducing the time you can pin a target down at a gate would not reduce the amount of total ganks performed.

No, no it must be typical carebear dishonesty.

1 Like

You can’t even read. I wrote vulnerable to bumps. A frigate can be bumped, but you are not going to prevent it from warping away

1 Like

Great, you get it. And the limitation of bumping makes ganking more common place because gankers are always at the popular ganking places. Right now, for instance, Niarja has no ganker squads in system or nearby, and freighters can autopilot with impunity. Under the scenario I described, ganker squads would be in system and can grab them. You tell me what is safer. I know for a fact that my scenario is not safer.

But by all means, keep ignoring hard facts and improvements to the ganking gameplay. It’s your right to do so. :smile:

You are aligned to the warp-in bookmark with your squad from the citadel on grid after your scanner told you a whale is coming. You land on that spot even before they fell out of warp, or have fully decloaked if they came from the other side. Come on now. This is breaking my heart that I have to tell you all these things.

Bumping is not “pinning a target down at a gate”.

Its displacing the ship from its current position.

Bumping is everything but “pinning” a ship to its curre t location.

And so clearly, by removing the current effect of bumping, ganking will be less common place, which is totally opposite of your claim that it will increase ganking.

Gank fleets can’t be in 2 places st once, so more targets will get by. Currently, idiots who screw up and get bumped, provide more targets because gankers have time to wait out their criminal timers.

So remove the criminal timer and remove bumping in highsec.

1 Like

Again, false.

As currently, as in your quote, all sub caps will be prevented from warping by bumping.

They are thus vulnerable to bumping.
They would also be vulnerable to bump, even if the aligning was not affected.
They would still be displaced by the impact.

I have an idea that surpasses the one these dudes have

Remove bumping and GCC

2 Likes

What? How can something be “more common place” and “less common place” at the same time? What are you talking about? :thinking:

Ahm, may I introduce you to the concept of alts? Have you heard about this? No? Let me explain. First, as I have established somewhere above, you only need 10-13 chars to destroy a freighter. The alt farms of Kusion, Love, Tax Collector, Termoplyae, Uninstall, Whyte (and some more, I can’T remember the names at the moment) all have about 15-20 chars per alt farm. You can place 2 of them in Uedama, 2 in Niarja, 2 in Isanamo and have plenty of opportunities to gank in 2 or 3 places at once.

Please, educate yourself before you type something so outlandishly uninformed.