About flying upside down and other physics stuff

Hence the lack of stuff

I guess server tracks two 3D variables - velocity and position. It wouldn’t make any sense to track stuff by angles - slower. Each tick, position gets updated and velocity gets updated. Simple addition.
Assuming you want 1m accuracy, float gives you only 16k km range with that accuracy, the rest is less accurate. Considering client requires drawing stuff fine wherever your ship is, including 100 au from the sun, this would make float useless and lead to 2 numbers - global (well, per system) and local position. This is mostly a pointless hassle that doesn’t even save space, so I am nearly certain the position variable is in double precision. Gives enough precision and range for all systems (I don’t think any system is above 100 au in diameter - and you have more than 0.1m precision at that range)
Velocity might be a float though, even half precision is fine.
I guess acceleration is calculated on the fly given the ship parameters and whatnot.

From the velocity vector, CLIENT draws ship facing some particular way. If you wanted, you could hack client to draw ship flying upside down and in reverse. Server doesn’t care.

EVE physics a sh*t.

Eve is a game…
Not rl

It’s like saying that call of duty is a joke because of the hitmarkers or gta4 because of the infamous swing physics

If you want realism you’re a couple of hundred years too early

1 Like

None of which refutes that EVE physics are a joke.

Surely even you can see that.

In the realm of submarine games, EVE is by far the best in terms of physics

Except this is not a submarine game.

Look above
I’m not saying anything more here

Sure, as there is nothing more to say.

This is not a submarine game.
Hence its physics are a joke.

Don’t bother, Salvos has never been known to concede a point once he’s made it…

Oh I know lol
:slight_smile:

Thats flat false, and disrespectful.

Ive many times admitted to being wrong, with due humility and ■■■■ poured on me thereafter which I duly endured.

When you ■■■■ up, you deserve slaps, but then its back to business.

You cant take that away from me.
I stick out my neck, and a few times its been cut off.
I took my licks like a man when I was wrong, more than once and certainly more than you and many others that are comfortably couched so that they dont get ■■■■ when they ■■■■ up.

Can you stop avoiding the word filter?
If you’re not ballsy enough to say the whole word, don’t talk at all

Fixed for you.
Happy now?
Any other complaints?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.