About moon mining after the decbal

I’ve thought about that… at this point I’m in a “f-it don’t care” mode and as long as I mine more than the fuel cost of “not my moon but the one I’m paying and risking assets on the field to harvest” I’m happy

Having goals does not mean anyone who has a structure is immune to decs, which is a very silly situation.

The ‘goals’ don’t even need to be a hard mechanic, they can be incentives.

1 Like

Cause it’s not a clear intuitive mechanic that is going to make a lot of people pissed off.

You see a rock. You want to mine it, like you can mine every other rock you can find, then the station nukes you?

Like i said before, people will put up refineries with the intention of baiting players into mining their belts so they can attack them.

1 Like

You can also use another old and well used mechanic - bumping!

sports-guy-chest-bump

So, keep going!

Now I’m motivated to try ninja moon mining, you know.

1 Like

Because structures can easily kill any single ship

I said suspect timer like system, so you need safety to be yellow. And yeah, when you see a can, you wanna loot it, and you get suspect timerd and shot, that’s your fault.

I see you’ve never tried to kill anything with a structure. Structure weapons work well against battlecruisers and battleships, but anything smaller and you start applying very poorly.

1 Like

Have fun
I haven’t played since late august (ty rl)

Idk about that

I was there when the CODE. fort was getting shot at by vexors and co

And they all died within 5 minutes to it :joy:

I see you’ve never tried using the smaller ammo and or webs and paints on a structure

3 Likes

You have to sign in and try it, you have to see how some of Athanor and Tatara owners jealously protecting their moon assets… Well, I tried to scour with my Dramiel into one of those 0.5 Sec ore belt and I was surprised by the local habitants reaction activity - something similar to these new EVE Events at beacons. I imagine if I’ll jump there with a Procurer or something bigger…

Why asking and paying a 5% rollback, if I can steal it from you? Simple as that…

1 Like

Exactly, ethics and morals don’t exist in most people.

When I get invited to mine a friends moon belt, I kickback 5% of what I mine as a courtesy to help with the operational costs. I respect the investment and time they have put into procuring and retaining the structure functionality.

Looting cans is not really the same. You aren’t expected to loot a can in a barge or an orca. I doubt, and hope, it’s not going to happen. It will kill mining in other peoples belts like suspect flag killed can flipping. It’s a huge chunk of gameplay.

War dec was not a reasonable mechanic to get me to stop mining your ore if I wanted to.

I don’t need to be in an npc corp even though that would have gotten around your war dec completely.

There is no reasonable way to make someone in hisec leave when they walk in with a 300k ehp orca.

1 Like

Will you omega my accounts? :wink:

Also mining is a sin

Those are a thing of myth and legend
My orcas have 250k with the best isk/cost value

Yeah, Ninja Moon Mining isn’t Ninja Gas Mining in WHs, where those sites spawns for free in huge numbers. Time to time, randomly, it’s funny to crawl there and steal some rocks. If you going to mine moon ore constantly with an Orca, then it’s better to pay that 5% kickback as you mentioned - as an industrialist method to play the game.

my orca is over 300k ehp and that’s not even with anything faction fit

so let me get this straight, you want to own a moon, but you don’t want high-end game play.
you have options, but you don’t want to use them.
suicide ganking? paying someone to suicide gank for you? bumping? stripping the belt faster than they can (may require friends) leaving high-sec and joining a low or null group (there are more groups than the mega-alliances)
Changing the wardecs mechanic is a much needed change, and realistically makes no damn difference vs someone being in an NPC corp. you want to hold your moon, then hold it. someone tries to steal from you, then stop them. HS isn’t supposed to be safe, so make it dangerous for them.

2 Likes