About wardeckers in High Sec and solution

Err that already happens… Logi goes suspect when repping a war target fighting.

1 Like

The neutral logi will go suspect and will be freely engagable by everyone. It’s not so much a game of who has the most alts as it is a game of who is most prepared.

Dealing with neutral logi isn’t really an issue. Links are something that are easy to spot, and should also be planned around accordingly.

If you scout a group that you want to fight and they have a specific composition, wouldn’t you likely gather your resources and put your fleet in the best position to be successful? It’s a game of countering just as it is in highsec… Sure strategies, mechanics, fits, and resources are all somewhat different but it’s not unfair or any more annoying than it is to deal with in other areas.

Do they? Maybe it only shields links though I vaguely recall being attacked by war target and his support never went suspect.

You do not go suspect by providing “neutral” links. You go suspect on your logi when you rep someone in a limited engagement or in a war that you’re not apart of.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Timers#Legality_Timers

That should explain crimewatch mechanics.

Wow shows how little I know. Thank you for clarification.

1 Like

It’s my pleasure. The more people are educated and not just parroting ignorant information they’ve seen posted here or on Reddit, the better we can all become at accepting other people playstyles.

2 Likes

yellow parasolAug 10
What exactly is cowardish about what they do? Most often it’s the defending party that’s acting cowardish, by not even trying and instead complaining on the forums. Often enough these complaints are disguised as badly written ideas written by people who are having a hard time forming a single, proper sentence.

So, why are they cowards again? and why are you angry?

You seriously should stop posting about things you have no experience with.
Highsec wardecs are primarily taken out so the aggressor has an overwhelming advantage - 10 man corp wardecs 10k man nulsec alliance - Not to fight the alliance but to have easy kills of random players who are careless and killing JF’s etc.
If the defending alliance does form up to fight the wardecc’rs they inevitably dockup until the threat has passed (defence fleet goes away).

Having run my own highsec corp on and off for a number of years and being wardecc’d on more than one occasion (not this character), forming up with friends will see most wardecc’rs run for cover as soon as you get close. I know of many other groups who have found the same - Form up to fight and you’ll spend hours looking at docked up wardecc’rs…
Highsec wars are great for legal ganking of careless logistics pilots and strays who get caught in trade hubs.
They rarely create anything close to meaningful content for either party.

As for the OP’s suggestion - After reading it 3 times - Sorry but NO.
Highsec has a wardec system specifically so those involved don’t have sec status issues and things like Concord intervention during fights.

1. My alt corp has its office in Jita - I rarely go to The Forge for anything other than shopping. You will likely find most corps/alliances don’t live where their corp home office is.
  2. I move my alt corp from place to place (over several regions sometimes) depending on what it is doing at any given time.
  3. There is a huge difference between pirates and mercs. Yes some mercs are pirates (by sec status) but all in all mercs are groups (or individuals) for hire, they fight for isk. On the other hand, true pirates don’t care so much about being paid to kill and harass, they do it for fun and any isk made is a bonus.
  4. Yes the wardec system is horribly broken but it won’t be fixed by security losses or denying docking rights.

If wardecs have become an issue for your corp, try creating a new corp, dropping to an NPC corp for the duration of the war (should be last option), hire mercs to fight with you or any number of other ways to make it more difficult for those who want to wardec you. Such as, watching local, having scout alts (or friends) in adjoining systems to let you know if war targets are getting close, stick to systems with minimal gates (deadend systems are best), use neutral characters or someone like redfrog for logistics, these few things will make it far more difficult for those you are at war with to get kills off you.

1 Like

10 vs 10,000 - yeah sounds like the odds are definitely tipped towards the 10. The problem is that these groups with huge numbers mostly live in Nullsec. Highsec isn’t where they play, nor is it an area they care much about. All they use highsec for is mostly logistics and maybe some PVE. When a group of 10 war decs Goonswarm, they don’t expect their entire alliance to come together to fight in an area of space they care very little about. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this as it’s player driven and the mighty force of the defenders is absolutely allowed to retaliate in full force.

So instead you get mission runners, miners, haulers, and the random guy buying his PVP ship at a trade hub that ends up dying and then everyone complains about it.

Oftentimes this is because the defender(s) have responded with such a force that causes the other side to wait till they can counter, or dock up till the threat is gone. This is part of combat… it’s part of war. This happens in Low, Null, and wormholes. Just because you bring a defense fleet or try to bait me doesn’t obligate me to give you the fight you were looking for on your terms.

Using hit and run tactics is very rewarding in these situations, because eventually the defender will get so tired of forming a fleet against those that use the superior strategy during war time.

Maybe it’s because you ended up not looking like meaningful content :thinking:

What exactly is broken? You haven’t made that point very clear.

The one thing I can agree with you is your points on how to deal with wars. With a little initiative, knowledge, and resources most anyone should be able to protect their ISK, assets, and playstyle.

1 Like

Which tool was “suddenly” removed, because the watchlist was changed a good few years ago to prevent people watching for specific FC’s or super pilots to login and to prevent people being able to essentially stalk your login times

Right. And they never addressed the vacuum it created in playstyles which had nothing to do with super pilots and whatnot.
The watchlist loss wasn’t a terrible big deal unto itself.
However, by not compensating for the side effects of the mechanic change they effectively killed off active hunting.
Locator agents needed to be changed so as to return the ‘out of range’ response when attempted on an offline player. This would have kept active hunting a living thing, albeit more difficult than it was. We were willing to work harder, but with no change made to that system not only were locator agents no longer worth spending money on, but active hunting wars were no longer feasible on a ‘for profit’ level.

Damn I hate those who multi quote…

10 vs 10k yes the odds are in favour of the 10 - They will only engage logistics ships or solo players.
They have no intention of fighting a “war” - The goal is to get as many kills as possible while avoiding any risk…

From experience, even turning up with relatively even numbers wardecc’rs will dock up and yes they will often wait until they can engage you with overwhelming numbers, ensuring they win - Is not “strategy” it is typical gank mentality and sadly Eve has become about overwhelming numbers over anything resembling “content” for all parties.

Which goes hand in hand with “meaningful content” - Meaningful content is something both sides can get something from, it is not “It was great we just slaughtered 10 guys with our 40 man fleet”.
Yes this is how Eve is played for the most part And isn’t it sad that it is called anything other than what it is - Ganking… I’ve had dealings with a lot of new players over the years (used to run public fleets) and one of the primary reasons many leave is down to the nature of what passes for PVP in Eve.

Out of the last 4 wars I lost 2 ships and killed one (he was unlucky, he attacked a missiongu that was pvp fit and I had neutral logi in system) - The losses were both my fault (I wasn’t paying attention), both to 6 to 8 people - The few times I managed with friends to get a fleet together and went to a trade hub (where most wardecs are carried out) the aggressors simply docked up, at least until as you stated, they had overwhelming numbers to ensure “their fun”. We were denied any fun due to the nature of the wardec system (“strategy” I think you called it).
They will gladly “fight” 10 vs 1 as long as they have the 10. Go near that 10 with 9 friends most won’t undock.

Wardec system is broken simply because it allows spam wars - There is no limit on how many groups an individual (or group) can declare war on.
There is no way to actually “fight” as a defender in a war - The aggressor always has the advantage when it comes to engaging. I’ve had aggressors camping systems I have been in - They hide until they have the advantage and only then will they do anything. Sometimes they do get it wrong, hence my kill of a war target - believe it or not, he actually had a whine in local because I used neutral logi - My response, you’re just pissed because you didn’t think of it.

A one man corp can wardec a 10k man alliance - This is so broken it is a joke.
Declaring a war is too cheap - If people want to use wardecs for easy kills (the main reason for them), they should pay accordingly - CCP keeps saying there is too much isk in the game - So charge more for declaring a war.
1,000,000 isk per member with a minimum of 500 mil would not be unreasonable, if you want to declare war on an alliance of 10k, you pay 10 bil per week for the privilege. If the war becomes mutual, each party only pays the minimum 500 mil.
This might even encourage groups who want to fight to declare war on each other instead of one side choosing who they are getting cheap no risk kills off this week.

I once had a war against a whole alliance
1v300 or something (I later had alliance mates involving themselves)

They were 14, I was alone… and they blueballed me.

They were specifically told not to engage me in any form of pvp…

They could have killed me easily, but they preferred doing nothing.

3 Likes

Yeah i have an un-natural hatred toward “submarine funded chars” also. Fair point.

I disagree, currently all you have to do is nothing. CCP will turn New Eden into Disneyland all on their own given time.

That is strategy, 100%.

Mate, don’t you get it? He’s the only one around here who really understands how it works.

When he claims it’s not a strategy, then it’s not a strategy!

Hell, he redefines the damn word, and he’s abso - ■■■■■■■ - lutely right about that, because he’s all knowing, and he does it all! There’s nothing he ever not did, and he gained ultimate wisdom about everything, so stfu already talking back against him! Holy motherfreaking hell, why are you people so complicated? Accept that he’s the master! Now!

Why do you even ask if you know perfectly well what I was talking about. I don’t care why they removed it, they removed it and with it a lot of content.

The Watchlist was removed.

Oh right… you already knew and were feigning ignorance for some reason.

Anyway there was nothing wrong with high level supercap pilots being headhunted, aside from the volume of their tears. CCP should never have caved and removed a huge amount of content in order to silence an entitled minority. Although it used to happen a bit, the large scale hub-humping tactics of the modern day are in large part a direct result of watchlist removal.

1 Like

people who wardec are a problem? Since when?

lol

Depends on how you define war. Is it not a reasonable tactic to go for an enemies supply and trade?

There are plenty of playstyles that share that goal. Minimizing risk is part of the pvp culture. If you’re efficient you can point and laugh while saying, “lol I killed all you’re stuff and you didn’t kill any of mine. lol you’re so bad”.

I mean you don’t have to trash talk but it’s the point I’m trying to make - being able to provide content and kills while holding on to your assets is just a part of the game.

If you think about it for a minute, it does pay to be overly cautious. In the world of Highsec where the neutral next to you can easily be a wartarget the very next second to tackle you it just makes sense. Not only that but you have to account for log off traps and such.

@Sgt_Ocker

Would you not attempt to cut the supply lines first?

Yeah yeah because wardeckers surely look to cause serious harm to their opponents. Let’s be honest. Most of wardeckers just want to gank them without worrying about Concordoken. They will sit in pipe systems and trade hubs hoping their targets will be dumb enough to haul stuff through HS with in corp toons. Unless the victims are High Sec dwellers wardecks are annoying at best. They rarely last more than initial week which I doubt would be enough time to cause collapse of the Null Sec corp. Great content creation indeed.