About wardeckers in High Sec and solution

Wow this escalated quickly. Now op is just plain trolling.

Go back to an NPC corp if you don’t want to deal with wardecs. If you want a corp and the benefits that come with it, you have to be ready to defend it. This IS the game. If you don’t like that, go play something else instead.

3 Likes

Trolling is that a thing now a days when people speak out their expressions ? Im not like you trying to manipulate people, but what ever you say love :slight_smile: Just said that im also happy to having these discussions with you guys. And no i wont stand down against simple bullies that cant fight properly, exploiting every mechanic they can use and against new players mostly asw. Makes it so pathetic if you ask me. Mean it must be classified as the lowest rang of Piracy or Terrorists

But even if i do respect those mercs that doing it for a bigger picture trying to target certain areas they are being hired to do.
Still they are getting away way to easy in the laws of security which doesnt makes a got damn sense to me since its illegal to gank people but not going out on killing sprees as long as you pay dank 500 mill at most ^^ Why cant then gankers pay in advance to have their operations for a day ? Im puzzled by CCPs approach to how High sec actually works

Haha. Funny blog.

If I would be CCP I would give active Highsec wardeckers any and all shiny ships and any and all green and blue modules for free. Everything to their hearts desire.
OK, some safety net is necessary to prevent them selling ship hulls or modules on the market. Maybe make these a personalised belonging, not able to unfit and not able to give away.
Ah, yes, the ships can be used only as long as the safety is set to ‘Green’.

But I would confiscate all of their stuff and all of their ISK in case they shoot at a character less than 4 weeks in game.

Balance complete, new mindgame set up, all parties happy.

War is a legitimate game mechanic where a corporation can pay a fee to CONCORD for the right to declare war on another player corporation. Like ganking, it adds a necessary element of risk to high security space.

The easiest way to deal with war declarations is simply deny them content. Play an ALT in a different corporation or drop to an NPC corporation for a week. The likelihood that someone will declare war on you is directly proportional to the number of cheap kills you’ve given them in the past.

Mining and mission running in highsec during a war is no more dangerous than the same activity in low or null at any time. Maintain situational awareness and dock up if war targets appear in local.

Trips to trade hubs need to be done using ALTS in NPC corporations.

Don’t listen to those who advocate fighting back. Wardeccers aren’t looking for good fights - otherwise they would be declaring war on each other. They are looking for cheap kills and the worst thing you can do is provide them. If you want fights, join a group that lives in low/null/wh space.

2 Likes

Gees some guys cant think outside the box sometimes and its like talking to a wall with a parrot on top explaining how the wall looks like but not whats on the other side

But sure Do little you do have a good point there about wardeckers but however they are competing against each other for some dank status and fights may occur between em sometimes

(Sorry Tilda wasent ment to you even if i thought your post was the most constructive so far but bit odd and unrealistic if i may. Was about to awnser your idea but then this post on top came up and had to reply on that ^^)

But i guess CCP is to scared that spoiled children will come wavering their wallets in the air when they finally get a challenge in their lives. How ever what they dont seem to see that they are also degrading their product and will loose future costumers instead of bored ones that has the same risk quitting

i feel like we’ve reached a point where simply flagging him is the best course of action.

i’ve made screenshots of his gibberish, just to be sure. :slight_smile:

The fear is real :slight_smile: And so shall the bullies be, knowing that the hammer of justice will strike em one day…one way or another

Yeah, I’m sure CCP will remove a central feature of the game because it is inconvenient for you. Maybe just learn how to play instead.

1 Like

Who said i wanted em to remove a central feature and that it was inconvenient to me ? personally i want to fight these guys but they constantly just dock up or come when they know from neuts that there is no force available.

This i´m doing cause it is a ridiculous mechanic in game that doesn’t add up at all to how the security system works
And to save new guys from constantly being bullied both physical and “verbal” in local chat (even seen some taking up serious private life stuff they have gotten from neuts to psychological take down a persons self esteem to a dangerous level
And also at the same time these cockroaches think they are so powerful in the process.

Thats why some sort of mechanic must be made so they cant just roam free without penalties. And come on 500 mill tops for a week ? (for whoever said that was enough) i make that in no time and cant say that its a very hard one to achieve as a corp. Thats why i think a security status loss will be a good way to fix things

Like i said this isnt directed to all merc corps and no pirates at all cause they are at least working for a living instead of being some blown up guys want to show off on zkillboard that they are so skilled

They use the tools of the game to try to catch your people with their pants down. This is how stuff works in Eve. This is a sandbox and stuff like this is to be expected.

You can do the same by the way, there are a gazillion ways how you can setup traps and kill them. This is war, not a ‘fair’ duel. In war you try to overwhelm your enemy, you try to inflict as much damage while reducing your own losses to a minimum.

Eve is in essence a strategy game. You have to put in effort to score a win. You cant just assemble the bigger fleet and cry in local until they undock. You have to make them think they have the upper hand so they will commit to a fight. This is how it works. If you don’t undetstand that, then you have simply no clue how this game works.

People on this forums will gladly tell you how to setup traps and what your options are. But for that to happen you have to actually ask and show the will to play the game and not just to cry for CCPs help because you can’t figure out how the game works.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what we have been doing and other things as well but doesn’t help a thing for the game in general. So dont come to me with cheap solutions cuz people dont want to spend time 24/7 guarding a gate in a week so some neut can just report in well guys you can always go attack some other areas at the time

Threads like these always confuse me and the common complaints we get are just weird.

• You complain about not being able to get a real fight out of these groups. The same happens in other areas of space everyday and it’s of no issue. If someone pushes the button on a wardec to catch pve fit players and haulers then that’s perfectly fine. The key here is that even when you face a group of players that dock up when they see your gang roll through, they can still get caught. Try exploring different options to bait them into a fight using something like an Orca and a logoffski. Using wormholes to tuck your fleet into is also a good option to surprise a group that would otherwise have scouts spread around.

• Wars are not intended to hunt down new players to make them quit the game. The biggest burden in my opinion lands in the lap of the CEO of the defending corp. it should be his job to educate and properly guide his newer players. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen where players quit as I’m certain My actions in game have caused a few unsubstantiated, but I can guarantee you that CCP themselves have caused more unsubs than wars have.

• I like to consider myself a space terrorist.

3 Likes

Well then we both agreed that these are terrorist, which im not having an issue with to have in this game

So an security loss should be in order then and are much appreciated for your thoughts and tips

No that just my view of it. What really matters is how CCP chooses to define or see it. Maybe you should try and contact one of them?

Security standing loss doesn’t make sense since it’s not exactly a criminal activity. You are effectively paying CONCORD to look the other way. Ganking is an example of criminal activity that is tagged with a loss of security standing.

So your issue is with being able to pay off CONCORD?

Yes it doesn’t makes sense cause gankers and thieves (even if im aware that surely some or most of em work for or work with a Merc corp asw) cant do it so why should others be able to in such larger scales. That should look very bad for the factions if it repeats it selves like it does. And do you really think 500 mill will pay off all the factions and concord ?

1 Like

It’s my understanding that’s CCP likes the grittiness of the game. They claim to support playstyles where you can, “be the villain” (their actions speak otherwise but that’s not the subject of this thread).

Content generation through conflict is important to the game, and is a primary feature that separates EVE Online from other more standard MMOs. These kinds of conflicts that arise from ganking, wars, and thefts are what drive the media machine to promote this game as an interesting game. I personally started playing after reading about massive corp thefts, and stories from players such as Cannibal Kane and Psychotic Monk.

I don’t really find issue with being able to pay CONcORD to look the other way. If there is a similar mechanic that doesn’t punish or hinder the gameplay more, I’m all ears.

Yes i have no problem with that at all and in most MMOs ive played have those sorts of things asw…But when i see a flaw in the mechanic that doesn’t adds up i react to it, not to make it more convenient for my self cause i like having games that are difficult but also have a good thought behind it and structure. But these things are just a lame way of mechanic. Well sure they could add up so the aggressors have to pay of every faction in a bigger amount ( perhaps with some small discounts depending on relations to em) to be able to dock at their stations and make the Concord to look the other way if they want a cheaper solution, but personally i think a security loss will be much better since they have to actually work for their meaningless activities

Just my input, but increasing the cost of wardec a has been done before. It was one of the contributing factors to what wars look like now… mostly a large collection of corps banding together to lessen the feeling of the increased costs.

Having a security standing loss associated would just be another isk factor to account for. You will have to plan to buy security tags to get it back up. If you look at the larger groups that people complain about, they have no issue making isk to cover their war costs and for anything extra like security tags.

Personally i dont like nerfs and buff complaining and no offense taken…But this one is a matter that needs to be addressed since it ruins the immersion with plain stupidity that has grown from it