Abyss: Onyx

This is an underrated fit I thought I’d share. It’s solid and will confidently run all filament types up to and including F4s. It’s not very expensive (416m ISK) or blingy (150m ISK) and only requires a single EG-603 power grid implant to work (or opt for a Thukker large cap battery and you don’t need the implant).

This is only slightly less damaging than the Sacrilege, and despite being pigeon-holed to kinetic it only takes a few seconds longer to kill larger targets. Plus you don’t have any drones to manage (or lose).

[Onyx, Abyss]

Ballistic Control System II
Power Diagnostic System II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x7500
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x7500
Nanite Repair Paste x400
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II
Strong Blue Pill Booster
Strong Crash Booster

The only two blingy items you need are a pair of Faction or Deadspace stasis webs. This allows you to reach out and touch those offending NPCs a bit more easily - especially since many orbit at just outside the standard T2 stasis web range.

You can run everything cap stable, just be aware of neuts and the orange clouds that penalize shield repping. For that reason, I usually only turn the shield booster on when I start taking damage, off before going through a gate and temporarily disable if flying through the aforementioned shield cloud of death. This goes a long way to preserving cap usage.

The fit can be tweaked for slightly more damage application (T1 rigor instead of a T2 anti-EM screen), buffed for more capacitor (T1 ancillary rig, drop the power diagnostic for a flux capacitor coil) a damage control or even nanofiber to improve handling.

Like Suitonia’s Sacrilege fit this sports a nosferatu in the high for those situations where you’re placed under cap constraints (you’ll only get energy from battleships).

As with everything, bling and implants really make this fit shine (use or lose at your own discretion). DB5 is really the only recommended drug (you may want to invest in a Strong Blue Pill and Strong Crash Booster for emergencies).

I’ve found that a set of high-grade Halo implants works really slick and reduces your signature down to 135m. It makes it really hard (though not impossible) for anything larger than a battleship to reliably hit you.

1 Like

You do realise a scripted warp disruption field generator gives you an 18km scram to halt the rat MWDs…

From what I could tell on SiSi the warp field generator doesn’t work to scram the NPCs.

hmmm… i havnt try abyss… but i have an Onyx sooo… is it possible to hit the Targets without webifier with javelin Missiles?

Not without applying full damage, no. You could try a pair of precision-scripted missile guidance computers. The problem is that Javelin ranks below Faction and Rage in terms of damage. It works ok for smaller ships but you run into difficulties clearing cruisers and larger ships as it takes longer to break thier tank and any reps.

scrams didn’t work on the npcs on SISI

1 Like

ah okay … normal wise i shoot frigs with javelin and rage at cruisers and and larger … so that will be a Problem with the time if i dont use webs?

It can be. Rogue drone battleships are easy to apply full damage to; Drifters and Triglavians less so. Webs ensure that regardless you can apply a lot more damage. The downside of course is that you need to be a lot closer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.